Sony budget earphone discussion thread (MH750, MH755, MH1C, EX300, etc)
Oct 18, 2019 at 11:26 AM Post #812 of 2,539
Oct 18, 2019 at 1:34 PM Post #813 of 2,539
Does anyone have a link to white/clear mh755 tips or ones that are very similar? Really loving the stock tips but would prefer colourless!

The clear tips only come with white colored MH750.

Oct 18, 2019 at 6:43 PM Post #815 of 2,539
Oct 18, 2019 at 7:18 PM Post #816 of 2,539
Took my Comply TS200 tips out for maiden voyage. These are Goldilocks tips in my ears. Great seal, very low ambient noise, comfy as all get out and sound more dynamic and with better highs than the 64 Audio ones. Also got my 3rd pair of 755s today and will compare with the other 2 pairs I have. So far the first 2 pairs sound as close to identical as perhaps a mass produced piece can even though one was $5 and one $12.

Oct 21, 2019 at 9:01 AM Post #817 of 2,539
Ordered a pair for $6 AUD delivered. Hope they're genuine! They're meant to be just mh755 with boosted low end right? Thanks for the idea.
Yep, as far as I know, that's correct. I just got a cable replacement in for my MH755, so gonna do the MH750/MH755 mods from here:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/sou...odding-headphones.694963/page-4#post-14744462

Will probably end up doing the same mods to the MH750 whenever it shows up. Supposedly cleared import customs 11 days ago, so should be here anytime...

Oct 21, 2019 at 12:16 PM Post #818 of 2,539
Is it common for the mh755 drivers to have a blue dot rather than a red one?

I ordered 2 pairs from AliExpress, one a little later from the first. I got pieces from different batches i guessed after opening them up.

Turns out the first batch had red dots on the driver, confirming their authenticity. The sound was also as expected from reading various reviews and graphs and collating with what i was hearing.

The second pair had blue dots on them, they sounded 95% similar to the first ones.

Oct 21, 2019 at 1:38 PM Post #819 of 2,539
Is it common for the mh755 drivers to have a blue dot rather than a red one?

I ordered 2 pairs from AliExpress, one a little later from the first. I got pieces from different batches i guessed after opening them up.

Turns out the first batch had red dots on the driver, confirming their authenticity. The sound was also as expected from reading various reviews and graphs and collating with what i was hearing.

The second pair had blue dots on them, they sounded 95% similar to the first ones.

I didn’t know blue or red dots was a way to verify authenticity??

If you’re talking about the red sharpie mark on the driver, that’s just to signify which terminal is positive. And I’ve found even that’s not consistent.

I have some drivers with a black sharpie mark, some with a red mark, and some with no mark at all.

I have a feeling the sharpie mark was placed there by each individual factory assembly line technician. Some had sharpies at their station (of various colors) that they used as an aid to help solder, and others didn’t have a marker (or didn’t care one way or the other).

Or are you referring to some other red or blue dot?

There’s a boatload of better and more consistent ways to verify the authenticity than a sharpie mark on a driver. Besides, it’s not like counterfeiters don’t know how a sharpie works lol

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2019 at 2:07 PM Post #822 of 2,539
on chinese drivers I have noticed blue back covered ones are more highly regarded than red coloured ones

Isn’t that just the color of glue they use to protect the fragile voice coil wire? I’ve seen that glue in many different colors on everything from speakers to headphones.

Are you saying you’ve noticed some sort of correlation between the color of glue and how ‘good’ a driver is?

Oct 21, 2019 at 3:05 PM Post #824 of 2,539
I didn’t know blue or red dots was a way to verify authenticity??

If you’re talking about the red sharpie mark on the driver, that’s just to signify which terminal is positive. And I’ve found even that’s not consistent.

I have some drivers with a black sharpie mark, some with a red mark, and some with no mark at all.

I have a feeling the sharpie mark was placed there by each individual factory assembly line technician. Some had sharpies at their station (of various colors) that they used as an aid to help solder, and others didn’t have a marker (or didn’t care one way or the other).

Or are you referring to some other red or blue dot?

There’s a boatload of better and more consistent ways to verify the authenticity than a sharpie mark on a driver. Besides, it’s not like counterfeiters don’t know how a sharpie works lol

Yes im talking about the dots (Sharpie marks). Because reading from some previous post, it was observed that fakes dont have the dots the originals do. It isn't hard to do the marks, but i'd think that a faker wouldn't be bothered enough for that detail.

Regardless of whether these are fake or real, they sound amazing. And are convenient to use after recabling. The balance is mama mia!

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2019 at 6:01 PM Post #825 of 2,539
Yes im talking about the dots (Sharpie marks). Because reading from some previous post, it was observed that fakes dont have the dots the originals do. It isn't hard to do the marks, but i'd think that a faker wouldn't be bothered enough for that detail.

Regardless of whether these are fake or real, they sound amazing. And are convenient to use after recabling. The balance is mama mia!

Nah, don’t go by the sharpie marks. I already detailed like 7-8 surefire ways to verify genuines.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/son...5-mh1c-ex300-etc.900005/page-55#post-15253987

I wouldn’t make things more complicated (like with sharpie marks), because that’s way too unpredictable. Just stick to the known, proven methods and you’ll be fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back