Sony announces the "Just ear" brand of custom IEMs
Jan 2, 2023 at 12:43 PM Post #421 of 471
Is there a distributer that would work with a US customer to get impression molds made to order Just Ears then shipped to the US?

Jan 13, 2023 at 8:24 AM Post #422 of 471
2 trips to Tokyo and finally got mine in :beyersmile:

Brought my DMP on the first trip to e-earphone and Sony Ginza to give all of the available tunings a listen. e-earphone had the basic three tunings available for listening while Sony Ginza also had the device specific tunings also available.

After several hours of listening, I fell in love with the XJE-MH2R listening tune. Coming from the IER-Z1R, the sound is steps above in how clear it sounds and that imaging is nuts. The bass impact is nowhere as insane as the IER-Z1R but the mids, highs, sound stage, imaging, just insane. Still soaking it in.

Also being my first pair of customs, I'm super thrilled how comfortable they are for hours! And the noise isolation makes this actually usable on flights :two_hearts:

Attachments

• IMG_0865.jpeg
    IMG_0865.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Jan 14, 2023 at 4:32 AM Post #424 of 471
After looking through this thread, I’m now saving up to get the MH1 as my first and only CIEM. I really wish I knew these existed while I was living in Japan few years back…..would have saved a lot of money and time.

For those of you who have a MH1, are the ear impressions usually done right before the tuning session or do you have to get the impressions done on a prior day? And is there a time limit for the tuning session?
My impressions were done the same day as my listening session at the Sony Aoyama office. I listened for about 90 minutes..then another 30 minutes for them to tune my preferences. Then I did my impressions.

Feb 16, 2023 at 4:08 AM Post #426 of 471
Does anyone know what type of filters are used in these? (The yellow foam filter that is)

We won't know as that is at least worth HALF of the costs for a pair of Just Ear - namely top commercial secret. That foam is responsible for most part of the tuning of each particular Just Ear model. Even they all appear the same (i.e. foam all dyed yellow) they are of different materials and different quantity specifically calculated for that particular tuning - Sony has its own proprietory and exclusive database on what type of filter materials and how much of that to achieve the desired accoustic sculpting.

So, make sure you don't rip them out when cleaning your Just Ears lollllllll

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2023 at 3:33 PM Post #431 of 471
Anyone here have or received the XJE-MH2RC (the Club Versions) recently? I have to say I've never been so disappointed in something but I'm just hoping I got a bad setup.

I was in Japan in Dec and one of my main goals was to demo the Justears. I did a short demo at the Sony Store in Ginza and then I listen for a solid 90 minutes at the impression shop in Aoyama. Totally blown away and in love with the Club Versions, even if I could never get a perfect fit. But thats what the custom part is for, of course. I ordered and had impressions done that day, and eagerly awaited my new toys.

I received them on Monday of this week. For those wondering, my wife is Japanese and we had her brother pick them up and ship them to me in America. From my listening experience, and from reading/watching every lil bit of info I can find, the first thing people mention with the club version is the incredible bass. I have listened to them over 10 hours the last few days and I have yet to find a single piece of bass. Not low bass or not enough bass..NO Bass. Like, bass turned off. I couldn't even get bass out of them listening to songs like Royals-Lorde or Middle Child-J Cole. I'm pretty sure I have a bad setup or something isn't right but I wanted to see if anyone else has gone thru this. My wife is drafting an email to them. I won't return to Japan till July (or later if coronapocalypse is still going on) so I can't talk to them directly.

My Noble K10 sound like basshead IEMs next to these. I know thats not right.
a 3 year followup on this:

Covid prevented a return trip to Japan until this past November. I forgot the Just Ears (doh!) in America so I didn't get the repair trip started till January. Starting my journey at the Sony Aoyoma center, I ended up at the Sony Service Center in Akihabara.

2 trips, 2 adjustments later, my Just Ears are finally what I hoped and expected of them. Sony admitted that the tuning was incorrect AND there were connections not done properly. They fixed the connections, the tuning and even raised some of my levels (esp in mid bass), all for 4700 yen. Now I'm finally ready to put my EE Odins, Trios and other 'all around' type pieces up for sale. I"m more than happy.

So if you have an issue like I did and can make it to Japan, don't be afraid to take it in there to have them look for it. It only took them about 5 days of them having the IEM's to contact me and informed me that they see an issue. I went in, tested them, noticed they still wasn't up to standards and had them re-check/re-tune. Another 5 days or so before contacted again. No appointment needed; just drop in to check and pickup. The only caveat was they asked for a contact number; I used friends number but the wifey had a Japan number also just in case.

Sony Service Station: Japan, 〒110-0005 Tokyo, Taito City, Ueno, 3 Chome−1−2 秋葉原新高第一生命ビル 1F (https://goo.gl/maps/Z4XsQtxECZn7E1hv9)

Mar 20, 2023 at 7:44 AM Post #434 of 471
I want to check whether anyone outside HK bought their JE from the HK dealers, and if so, how was the experience, thank you.
From my understanding you can't buy JE remotely, no dealer would accept ears impressions as it looks they are using a special product or doing it in a special way.
But if you know a dealer accepting impressions let me know, I would love to have a pair of JE :)

Mar 20, 2023 at 7:57 AM Post #435 of 471
From my understanding you can't buy JE remotely, no dealer would accept ears impressions as it looks they are using a special product or doing it in a special way.
But if you know a dealer accepting impressions let me know, I would love to have a pair of JE :)
I'm actually willing to go to HK to get my impression done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back