Sony announces the "Just ear" brand of custom IEMs
Mar 23, 2023 at 12:50 AM Post #436 of 471
I'm actually willing to go to HK to get my impression done.

Since the crucial trick about getting Just Ear is to get the ear impression done with the Sony toolings, which simply doesn't exist anywhere where there is no Just Ear dealer, going to HK or anywhere with a dealer is the only way to go really.

Mar 25, 2023 at 8:20 AM Post #437 of 471
I'm actually willing to go to HK to get my impression done.
outside of japan, i think only sony china, hk and taiwan have shops accepting orders for JE preset tuning models. but the general feedback is https://tokyohearing.jp/ is making the best ear impression (and where you could order mh1! - something not possible in other countries). not to mention it's slightly cheaper (>10%) for the current exchange rate to buy in japan. if it takes your a trip to hk just to order your JE, maybe you could consider to heading tokyo to order too :ksc75smile:. not to mention the many other attractive stuff there. yokohama gundam factory will be opened till mar 2024 and definitely worth to pay a visit (or again, and again :stuck_out_tongue:). the meiji shrine close to tokyo hearing is where i spend a half day every time i visit to tokyo.

mine was ordered in hk and the ear impression locally done too. a special tool has to be worn on my head and adjusted to some desired position (took over 10mins to adjust by the audiologist!) before taking the ear impressions. photos are taken with that tool on my head too. frankly, i won't rate my JE as the best fitting one despite so many elaborated and time consuming efforts. my DC Ti is the most fitted and comfortable CIEM i've got yet it only took a quick 10mins traditional process to get ear impressions.

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2023 at 10:59 PM Post #440 of 471
outside of japan, i think only sony china, hk and taiwan have shops accepting orders for JE preset tuning models. but the general feedback is https://tokyohearing.jp/ is making the best ear impression (and where you could order mh1! - something not possible in other countries). not to mention it's slightly cheaper (>10%) for the current exchange rate to buy in japan. if it takes your a trip to hk just to order your JE, maybe you could consider to heading tokyo to order too :ksc75smile:. not to mention the many other attractive stuff there. yokohama gundam factory will be opened till mar 2024 and definitely worth to pay a visit (or again, and again :stuck_out_tongue:). the meiji shrine close to tokyo hearing is where i spend a half day every time i visit to tokyo.

mine was ordered in hk and the ear impression locally done too. a special tool has to be worn on my head and adjusted to some desired position (took over 10mins to adjust by the audiologist!) before taking the ear impressions. photos are taken with that tool on my head too. frankly, i won't rate my JE as the best fitting one despite so many elaborated and time consuming efforts. my DC Ti is the most fitted and comfortable CIEM i've got yet it only took a quick 10mins traditional process to get ear impressions.

Echoes my feelings towards fit on my JustEar and my Fitear as well haha. I love my Just Ear but in terms of fit the Fitear fitted with traditional methods fits the best, I always find my Just Ear needing some minor adjustment from my ear canal to get the best seal.

Fitears are called Fitears not without a reason Lollllll

Apr 14, 2023 at 11:44 AM Post #441 of 471
Sony HK is taking order for Justear LiSA tuning again from 12 Apr 23 till 11 Oct 23!

https://www.facebook.com/sonyhongkong/photos/a.10150118623452871/10161570545267871

Strangely Sony JP is not advertising for the re-release. But it seems it is possible to order MH1 based on tuning for artists in tokyo anyway . . . i'd like to have Nagaya Haruko 's tuning even more but LiSA is great too . . . :relaxed:

edited:

can't resist the temptation and ordered one today . . . surely nice but if not a fans if LiSA, I think there'll be better value for money somewhere else (e.g. just ear MH2 :stuck_out_tongue:)

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2023 at 2:52 PM Post #442 of 471
Sony HK is taking order for Justear LiSA tuning again from 12 Apr 23 till 11 Oct 23!

https://www.facebook.com/sonyhongkong/photos/a.10150118623452871/10161570545267871

Strangely Sony JP is not advertising for the re-release. But it seems it is possible to order MH1 based on tuning for artists in tokyo anyway . . . i'd like to have Nagaya Haruko 's tuning even more but LiSA is great too . . . :relaxed:

edited:

can't resist the temptation and ordered one today . . . surely nice but if not a fans if LiSA, I think there'll be better value for money somewhere else (e.g. just ear MH2 :stuck_out_tongue:)
That's really great news!!!
I got my LiSA tuning version back in June 2021. Aside from being a LiSA fan, I think the tunning of this unit in itself justifies for the purchase, as it adds very special twists to the lower-mids that none of the other tunings would offer. With proper amplification, it is also really well-rounded.
Was hoping if I could go to Japan for a customised experience... But have been enjoying my JEs with an apple dongle and Rosenkranz Cycle cables.

Apr 28, 2023 at 10:47 PM Post #443 of 471
That's really great news!!!
I got my LiSA tuning version back in June 2021. Aside from being a LiSA fan, I think the tunning of this unit in itself justifies for the purchase, as it adds very special twists to the lower-mids that none of the other tunings would offer. With proper amplification, it is also really well-rounded.
Was hoping if I could go to Japan for a customised experience... But have been enjoying my JEs with an apple dongle and Rosenkranz Cycle cables.
indeed JE is a gem. i enjoy my listening quite a lot too. the LiSA ver is a must have for fans! eagerly waiting for it to come. i'm booking for a trip to tokyo in late May/early june and is thinking if i could book for an appointment for MH1 even i couldn't speak japanese . . .

May 2, 2023 at 2:57 AM Post #444 of 471

edited:

Congrats. I had mine since its initial release and it's still my most reached for iem. I'm quite surprised they choose to re-release them at this time, given LiSA isn't exactly as popular as she was back then and there's no news of big tie-up projects upcoming or whatever (except having giving birth to her kid). But it's good anyway as I have heard from different people that the LiSA version had so far been the most loved version amongst all of the previous collabs and the MH2 tunings.

Last edited:
May 24, 2023 at 11:20 PM Post #445 of 471
Hi guys I was planning on going to Japan this summer and was wondering what the process would be like to get impressions made and placing an order. I was planning on getting the new club edition Sony Just Ear XJE-MH2R J. However I will only be in town for a week so was wondering if there are any things that I need to be mindful of? Do they ship overseas and would I need a local phone number and address when placing an order?

May 25, 2023 at 12:20 AM Post #446 of 471
Hi guys I was planning on going to Japan this summer and was wondering what the process would be like to get impressions made and placing an order. I was planning on getting the new club edition Sony Just Ear XJE-MH2R J. However I will only be in town for a week so was wondering if there are any things that I need to be mindful of? Do they ship overseas and would I need a local phone number and address when placing an order?

I'm no expert on that - I got my Just Ear in Hong Kong - but no Just Ear JP don't ship overseas and yes a local contact and delivery address is a must. Needless to say you gotta book an appointment for taking impression in advance.

May 26, 2023 at 6:50 PM Post #447 of 471
Very good choice at ¥220,000 and current exchange rate, just ear is a steal to order in japan. If you book in advance, then it should be ok for foreigner to order (no need to give proof of residency like fitear). They don't ship aboard though and you'll need a friend or japanese forwarding service to help to ship back to you home. Presumably you're going to tokyo, both e-earphone and fujiva-avic have referrals to audiologist nearby who can make online impression for justear @ ¥9,900 (i did for other brand in Feb in e-earphone, but now their cm shop is gone and the cm business (the audiologist shop at basement was gone too) merged with the main building, I'm not sure if this is still true. Besides justear, which the ear impression took almost an hour to make, they told me no need to book ahead and indeed no one except me was making ear impression back then).

I just got the mh1 adjustment session done 2 days ago in tokyo hearing, which many say making the best ear impression but they said they don't speak english (actually e-earphone neither - we communicated via tranlator on phone 😅). Tokyo hearing also accepts mh2 orders i believe. So go ahead and make appointment online! Hope you have an enjoyable and pleasant journey.

Last edited:
May 26, 2023 at 9:04 PM Post #448 of 471
I just ordered xje-mh1r at tokyo hearing in May. The whole process is really *fulfilling*. 😃. I guess I'm not looking to buy anymore iems anytime soon.

I booked last month online with Matauo san, the founder of justear, to handle the adjustment process. To begin with, a lot of disclaimer to consent to and have to fill in the order form (select which model and cable version; i ordered the 3.5mm se ver to stay as close to the one in this adjustment session as possible). There's option to use previous justear impression but i didn't opt for that. I saw one item of the consent form actually saiys there's no warranty whatsoever for cable and the shell! Sagano san, the audiologist, carefully examined my ear canals than gave me the bill satisfied that they could make me a justear 😃. The process was quite long taking almost one hour. He relentlessly adjusted a headband like device to ensure the end product looks upright and flat when i wear the end product. He also asked me if hk audiologist used bite block when taking impression. He said he normally won't do but as I've used bite block last 2 times, he'd used it anyway. He though warned me that my ear canals' shape chamged quite a bit when the month is opened and closed.

Then Matasuo san took over and setup his sony vaio laptop and rme babyface pro interface. He hooked up my dap to the interface with a 4.4mm-xlr cable. The 3.5mm out with a splitter connected to his own personal justear and an universal one for me. He initially asked me to set dap volume to 80% but it's too high and the intetface clipped. Have to dialed back to 70% to start listening.

He asked what music type (pop of all sorts), tuning (spacious with bass impact) and what other iems i got (je listening and L1SA - he said i must be a real fans and only looking to taste the adjustment process 😅) then he produced a tuning different to the iems I've got to start with. It's 80% close to my taste already after running through my specially curated playlist on tidal: part of the band by 1975, somewhere only we known by keane, saikai by LiSA & Uru, hostage by billie ellish, bad reputation (live) by shawn mendes, waltz for debby (take 2) by bill evans, before you go by lewis capaldi and rare (live) by selena gomez. I asked for a bit more treble sparkling then it sounded perfect to me! The process took just about 30mins. He asked if i'll visit again to listen to the end product before final fix and it's the best way to get a perfect product! But it's also ok if i opt to ship the product to a Japanese address after done without verification.

i also asked about etching (very expensive at ¥22,000) and they gave me an instruction with unique id to order via sony online within 7 days. You need to have Japanese address, contact and name in 平假名 to setup this account. And it seems my foreign cards are not accepted. I ended up paying by lawson over the counter.

i understand that the drivers used in justear are not particularly high end models. It's mainly the personal, tailoring service that matters for mh1. I was listening to viking ragnar on jr to tokyo hearing that morning and switched to dc ti on the way leaving. Both seems rendering much more details than mh1 universal i heard. But this kind of tailoring service is really surreal and well worth it.

I also took this chance to ask why the universal and cm ver of justear differ so much in size? Matasuo san advised that the shell and its volume have nothing to do with the sound, it's only about to make the right shape for owner's ear; the tuning is adjusted by tubing length and amount of filtering material only. Really professional and scientific approach without bs scam marketing! 😃

Last edited:
May 27, 2023 at 12:13 AM Post #449 of 471
Thanks for all the information guys really appreciate it.

May 28, 2023 at 11:29 PM Post #450 of 471
I just ordered xje-mh1r at tokyo hearing in May. The whole process is really *fulfilling*. 😃. I guess I'm not looking to buy anymore iems anytime soon.

I booked last month online with Matauo san, the founder of justear, to handle the adjustment process. To begin with, a lot of disclaimer to consent to and have to fill in the order form (select which model and cable version; i ordered the 3.5mm se ver to stay as close to the one in this adjustment session as possible). There's option to use previous justear impression but i didn't opt for that. I saw one item of the consent form actually saiys there's no warranty whatsoever for cable and the shell! Sagano san, the audiologist, carefully examined my ear canals than gave me the bill satisfied that they could make me a justear 😃. The process was quite long taking almost one hour. He relentlessly adjusted a headband like device to ensure the end product looks upright and flat when i wear the end product. He also asked me if hk audiologist used bite block when taking impression. He said he normally won't do but as I've used bite block last 2 times, he'd used it anyway. He though warned me that my ear canals' shape chamged quite a bit when the month is opened and closed.

Then Matasuo san took over and setup his sony vaio laptop and rme babyface pro interface. He booked up my dap to the interface with a 4.4mm-xlr cable. The 3.5mm out woth a splitter connected to his own personal justear and an universal one for me. He initially asked me to set dap volume to 80% but it's too high and the intetface clipped. Have to dialed back to 70% to start listening.

He asked what music type (pop of all sorts), tuning (spacious with bass impact) and what other iems i got (je listening and L1SA - he said i must be a real fans and only looking to taste the adjustment process 😅) then he produced a tuning different to the iems I've got to start with. It's 80% close to my taste already after running through my specially curated playlist on tidal: part of the band by 1975, somewhere only we known by keane, saikai by LiSA & Uru, hostage by billie ellish, bad reputation by shawn mendes, waltz for debby (take 2) by bill evans, before you go by lewis capaldi and rare (live) by selena gomez. I asked for a bit more treble sparkling then it sounds perfect to me! It took just about 30mins. He asked if i'll visit again to listen to the end product before final fix and its the best way to get a perfect product! But it's also ol if i opt to ship the product to a Japanese address after done without verification.

i asked about etching (very expensive at ¥22,000) and they gave me an instruction with unique id to order via sony online within 7 days. You need to have Japanese address, contact and name in 平假名 to setup this account. And it seems my foreign cards are not accepted. I ended up paying by lawson over the counter.

i understand that the drivers used in justear are not particularly high end models. It's mainly the personal, tailoring service that matters for mh1. I was listening to viking ragnar on jr to tokyo hearing that morning and switched to dc ti on the way leaving. Both seems rendering much more details than mh1 universal i heard. But this kind of tailoring service is really surrealand well worth it.

I also took this chance to ask why the universal and cm ver of justear differ so much in size? Matasuo san advised that the shell and its volume have nothing to do with the sound, it's only about to make the right shape for owner's ear; the tuning is adjusted by tubing length and amount of filtering material only. Really professional and scientific approach without bs scam marketing! 😃

Justears are never detail monsters and never really aim at throwing "details" at you.............what they offer is music and you feel nothing is lost despite knowing it is not particularly detail revealing.

I see Justears as true endgame pieces - something many would want after going through years of upgratidis and suddenly realize what the heck I had been doing, listening to my gears all the time but not my music!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back