Sony announces the "Just ear" brand of custom IEMs
Jun 5, 2022 at 11:58 PM Post #406 of 471
Can someone help measure the diameters of the two bores?

Is the BA a vented Sonion 2356? The DD vented both on the outside and on the inside?

I'm trying to run some tests using similar configurations.

I don't have the official say, but I believe Sony has always been using their in-house produced BA since many years ago. They are the only major maker who can produce their own drivers in-house.

Jun 6, 2022 at 4:03 AM Post #407 of 471
I don't have the official say, but I believe Sony has always been using their in-house produced BA since many years ago. They are the only major maker who can produce their own drivers in-house.
Well, that's a big surprise. It was indeed Sonion 2356. Sony didn't use their in-house BA on the Just ear. Not sure about the latest version though. 2356 is basically vented 2389 with some extra LF and higher impedance. But wouldn't the DD interfere with the BA if they are both vented to the sealed chamber?

Jun 6, 2022 at 11:17 PM Post #408 of 471
Well, that's a big surprise. It was indeed Sonion 2356. Sony didn't use their in-house BA on the Just ear. Not sure about the latest version though. 2356 is basically vented 2389 with some extra LF and higher impedance. But wouldn't the DD interfere with the BA if they are both vented to the sealed chamber?

I'm not sure where you get that info about that being a Sonion, but two points:
1. The BA unit is NOT vented so it's definitely not the 2356 you mentioned
2. The DD unit is NOT vented in the chamber - in fact it only has a tiny opening sealed to the sound tube reaching your ear canal directly. It is only vented on the backside i.e. on the factplate.

Jun 7, 2022 at 9:52 AM Post #409 of 471
I'm not sure where you get that info about that being a Sonion, but two points:
1. The BA unit is NOT vented so it's definitely not the 2356 you mentioned
2. The DD unit is NOT vented in the chamber - in fact it only has a tiny opening sealed to the sound tube reaching your ear canal directly. It is only vented on the backside i.e. on the factplate.
6625493.jpg

When the Just ear brand was first announced the demo units showed 2356 (blue circle). And you can actually see the venthole (blue arrow) which doesn't seem obstructed. An owner of XJE-MH2LS and XJE-MHRNZKB from another forum also confirmed that all the BAs were Sonion 2356. This same picture also shows the DD ventholes (yellow arrow).

Jun 8, 2022 at 12:51 AM Post #410 of 471
6625493.jpg

When the Just ear brand was first announced the demo units showed 2356 (blue circle). And you can actually see the venthole (blue arrow) which doesn't seem obstructed. An owner of XJE-MH2LS and XJE-MHRNZKB from another forum also confirmed that all the BAs were Sonion 2356. This same picture also shows the DD ventholes (yellow arrow).

Maybe that was when Just Ear was first announced many years ago, my personal unit (LiSA) as well as other more recent units (including the MH2s siblings and NZKB) doesn't show the Sonion markings, no vent on the BA and the shape of the BA is slightly different to the one shown here (not that I am super certain about BA drivers outlooks).

You are right about the DD vent though, didn't noticed it before as it was tucked under the MMCX assembly.

Sep 21, 2022 at 11:34 PM Post #411 of 471
Did anyone had a chance to audition the new Just ear XJE-MHRWM1M2 (what a name:sweat_smile:) with the new walkman? I'd love to hear your impressions!

https://pur.store.sony.jp/acc3/products/acc3_headphone/XJE-MHRWM1M2_product/

XJE-MHRWM1M2

I haven't tried the XJE-MHRWM1M2 (yeah what a mouthful) but I have tried (and in fact using everyday now) my XJE-MH/L1SA with my WM1AM2 and I consider it top contender for the most musical combo out there. Funny enough the Just Ears rumbles with tonnes of sub-bass out of the M2, contrary to my previous observations of them listened mostly out of my M1 and ZX500.

Nov 11, 2022 at 9:29 AM Post #412 of 471
hi, anyone aware what changes have been made to the tuning of the new club ver (japanese only) vs the old club tuning that is being sold overseas? seems sony didnt make available any details so far.

i'm itching to order one after hearing the demo in e-earphone tokyo last month but not sure if that is the new tuning of new one.

thanks!

Nov 11, 2022 at 2:25 PM Post #413 of 471
hi, anyone aware what changes have been made to the tuning of the new club ver (japanese only) vs the old club tuning that is being sold overseas? seems sony didnt make available any details so far.

i'm itching to order one after hearing the demo in e-earphone tokyo last month but not sure if that is the new tuning of new one.

thanks!
There’s a new club ver? I should check up on that.

Nov 11, 2022 at 9:24 PM Post #414 of 471
Nov 12, 2022 at 7:28 PM Post #415 of 471
Nov 13, 2022 at 1:55 PM Post #417 of 471
Dec 16, 2022 at 4:23 PM Post #420 of 471
After looking through this thread, I’m now saving up to get the MH1 as my first and only CIEM. I really wish I knew these existed while I was living in Japan few years back…..would have saved a lot of money and time.

For those of you who have a MH1, are the ear impressions usually done right before the tuning session or do you have to get the impressions done on a prior day? And is there a time limit for the tuning session?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back