Sonus faber PRYMA - An Italian-Made Beauty
Jan 31, 2016 at 5:21 AM Post #76 of 181
Any comparsion to the Nighthawks?

Having been able to audition the nighthawks beside the pryma on the same day I feel the pryma had better overall tonality at a range of volumes and seemed to have better instrumental separation and clarity.

The nighthawk has a very unusual sounding bass, it's almost boomy with a slow decay, but strangely sounds actually really excellent at low volumes - easily the kind of headphone you can wear and quietly listen to all day long with zero fatigue.
Nighthawk was also more comfortable. 

Feb 19, 2016 at 9:55 AM Post #80 of 181
I love them. So musical and effortless.

Feb 29, 2016 at 3:45 PM Post #81 of 181
I had the chance to listen to these at length last week. My impression is that they have a very premium, yet consumer-driven sound.

Don't get me wrong, it sounds very good, but similar headphones at $500 likely have much better sound potential (such as the HD600 or HD650s). The bass is present and powerful, and the treble is clear and bright. However, the mid-range doesn't have the neutral quality that I'm used to hearing from similar-priced headphones. 

That being said, I still think they are beautiful, and I'd own them in a heartbeat and use them for my commuting headphones if I were in the market for a pair. 

Feb 29, 2016 at 9:53 PM Post #82 of 181

Bright? I didn't find them bright

Apr 1, 2016 at 10:41 AM Post #86 of 181
listened to them briefly in shop with RWAK (no amping), material listened David Gilmour, Roger Waters, Mark Knopfler, Diana Krall, all records true HD at 192/24 from master tapes.

if you want my conclusion this would be one word - beautiful. What a spacious, clear, smooth, deep, enveloping sound. for the moment you forget about everything around you, you stop caring about audiophile talk and you just listen to music.

i am not headphone fan but i think i am buying this one. having Sonus Fabers speakers i am addicted to SF sound school not mention style design, Italy forever !!!

Apr 21, 2016 at 6:54 PM Post #90 of 181
What do you mean by "w signature"?

Certainly not a signature that could be ascribed to the Pryma. It has midrange warmth, tone and timbre to die for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back