Sonic Satori - HRT Levels the Field with the MicroStreamer
Oct 15, 2013 at 7:33 AM Post #571 of 1,216
Just to mention that the combo Mad dogs/micostreamer works very well.
Still I would like to compare this HRT with ODAC/O2. If anybody would have an idea....

YES!
I posted about recently discovering the great pairing of the Mad Dogs and microStreamer
awhile back.

Psyched you found that too!

KILLER companion too, thanks to iOS7, w/ my iPad2 - especially since my wifey uses the iPad
out on our porch - now she's taking her Mad Dogs with her iPad (via the MS of course).

I'm also psyched to see this thread keep blossoming.  I mean I started this thread trying to share
my passion for the microStreamer through my review in Positive Feedback - and HOPEFULLY find
some people who hear it's magic too.  And here I'm learning new things about the product all the time
by keeping up with ALL OF YOU HERE!

And to be honest, simply because I'm writing and listening to new portable stuff all the time, plus my 
desktop reference rigs, this thread keeps me going back to the mcroStreamer as a reference, and it 
more than stands out!

Got a Dragonfly-like, MS-like prototype at RMAF - can't say from who yet, but lets see if their unit
cuts to the heart of the music like the microStreamer...

Oct 15, 2013 at 8:17 AM Post #572 of 1,216
  YES!
I posted about recently discovering the great pairing of the Mad Dogs and microStreamer
awhile back.

Psyched you found that too!

KILLER companion too, thanks to iOS7, w/ my iPad2 - especially since my wifey uses the iPad
out on our porch - now she's taking her Mad Dogs with her iPad (via the MS of course).

I'm also psyched to see this thread keep blossoming.  I mean I started this thread trying to share
my passion for the microStreamer through my review in Positive Feedback - and HOPEFULLY find
some people who hear it's magic too.  And here I'm learning new things about the product all the time
by keeping up with ALL OF YOU HERE!

And to be honest, simply because I'm writing and listening to new portable stuff all the time, plus my 
desktop reference rigs, this thread keeps me going back to the mcroStreamer as a reference, and it 
more than stands out!

Got a Dragonfly-like, MS-like prototype at RMAF - can't say from who yet, but lets see if their unit
cuts to the heart of the music like the microStreamer...

Let me guess. You got a Geek :)

Oct 15, 2013 at 9:00 PM Post #574 of 1,216

Actually - NOPE!!!!
Though that was a GREAT guess.

It's actually from the Audioengine fellas:

Their new/upcoming D3

Bout to put it up against the microStreamer!!!!
This should be interesting...

They told me I could share about it this morning, as I told
them I'd like to be open about it, because I'm such a fan of the MS
and they got some pretty TOUGH competition!!!!

Oct 15, 2013 at 9:06 PM Post #575 of 1,216
My first thought as well, lol.

On a side note, this segment appears to be exploding. I was about to start saving for a Meridian Explorer to get more bass than the uS but seeing everything that's coming out has me thinking I'll wait til at least next year...hoping for something with more bass than my uS and as much power as my Asgard...wishful thinking? We shall see...

Oct 15, 2013 at 11:57 PM Post #576 of 1,216
  Arggg...

Having just recently purchased a Synology NAS raid device ot keep our home computers and my college students notebook PCs backed-up on a real time basis, your answer of "Network attached storage" was the last thing I was expecting, considering we are talking headphones!

"The microstreamer only net 98mA",  Could you be a bit less criptic?  So, woohoo, the Microstreamer only needs 98mA?  How in <blep> does that help me deterimine if I need the NAS 1.2 firmware or just the 1.2 firmware?????

-Eric

If you're trying to use it with your Synology, use the NAS software version. 

If you're using it with your computer, phone, tablet etc., use the non-NAS version. 

I'm not sure whether there's any downside to using the NAS version with non-NAS hardware, but this should be enough info for you to know which firmware to install. 

Oct 16, 2013 at 1:16 AM Post #577 of 1,216
Thanks!  I'll update with the non NAS firmware for now.

Had no clue the Microstreamer can be used with the Synology.  There doesn't seem to be anything on the HRT website covering this so any links would be appreciated.

-Eric

Oct 16, 2013 at 3:46 AM Post #578 of 1,216

Had no clue the Microstreamer can be used with the Synology.  There doesn't seem to be anything on the HRT website covering this so any links would be appreciated.

-Eric

The HRT web site could use a little more documentation about the firmware. 

I don't have any information to point you toward. I think I read the explanation of the NAS firmware earlier in this thread, but I honestly can't remember. I promise I didn't make it up :wink: 

Anyway, if you want to try it with the Synology later, it's not going to take too much effort to switch firmware. 

Oct 16, 2013 at 3:47 AM Post #579 of 1,216
Actually - NOPE!!!!
Though that was a GREAT guess.

It's actually from the Audioengine fellas:

Their new/upcoming D3

Bout to put it up against the microStreamer!!!!
This should be interesting...

They told me I could share about it this morning, as I told
them I'd like to be open about it, because I'm such a fan of the MS
and they got some pretty TOUGH competition!!!!

Oh my god, another one? Guess you will just need to review all of them since I don't know what to choose :)

Oct 16, 2013 at 10:36 AM Post #580 of 1,216
hi,
I recently update to the 1.2 firmware,
just asking, did anybody noticed a decrease in sound quality ?
I'm using the microstreamer with an xperia z and the uarp app, also on pc.
On both source i noticed that i need to push the volume more than before, near 80-90% on Usb audio recorder pro app on the phone, (and also on pc with my fidelio x1 but sound is still great) but with my iem it causes a decrease in sound quality, i think...
i also updated the app recently so i can't be shure if it come from the microstreamer or the app, or even the headphone...

By the way do you think the microstreamer could damage some IEM ? maybe the amp is to strong ? cause my iem sometime stop working then they work again?
I'm a new to hi-fi so i'm sorry if that's a dumb question.
maybe someone could help or share his thought
thanks

Oct 16, 2013 at 1:53 PM Post #581 of 1,216

-Eric

I don't have a link for you, but I checked with HRT and confirmed that, unsurprisingly, the NAS firmware is for NAS devices and other "less responsive hosts". I was told that here's not really a difference in audio quality but that the non-NAS firmware was tuned to work best with most devices, and ditto the NAS firmware and NAS devices.

Oct 17, 2013 at 7:21 PM Post #585 of 1,216
  hello , there is a new firmware v1.3 on hrt site.
no changelog ?

I upgraded my microStreamer to 1.3. I have not had a chance to listen to is much, but...

I used a generic(cheap) CCK connect to my MS from my iPad 3 running iOS 6.1 and it works! It never worked before. In fact, that knock-off CCK never worked with anything before. Even when I connected a powered USB hub, that CCK never worked. 

Now it works with the MS without a hub too.

I confirmed it was the firmware upgrade because I have another MS with 1.2 firmware and it does not work with the same setup. I just swapped out the MS's and the 1.3 firmware works and the 1.2 does not.

Interesting...

I have an e-mail into Kevin at HRT and the local HRT distributor to see if they had info and the changes in the firmware. We'll see what they say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back