Songs You'd Pay 100 Bucks To Never Hear Again
Jan 6, 2005 at 8:59 AM Post #31 of 127
it's not, someone mentioned it earlier. I don't think it's the best pick - my understanding of the thread is we're picking songs that *actually still get played* despite the fact that they're terrible. Dogs was utterly ubiquitous a couple of years back, but I haven't heard it since then.

Jan 6, 2005 at 9:31 AM Post #34 of 127
Quote:

Originally Posted by AdamWill
Everything I Do (I Do It For You) - Bryan Adams. guh.

plus the entire recorded output of Celine Dion and Shania Twain. That'd do me.

Amen

Jan 6, 2005 at 6:49 PM Post #35 of 127
fenster: you're right, I don't - in which case I defer to your knowledge and retract the point. In the alternate universe in which a version of me frequents such events, consider him to have voted for Dogs as well.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 6, 2005 at 10:02 PM Post #36 of 127
Quote:

Originally Posted by chadbang
Having just come off the holiday season, there was a tremendous push on this absolute piece of songwriting drek:

"All I Want For Christmas Is You"
Lyrics by Mariah Carey

I'll pay TWO hundred!

I think I'll track you down and threaten to play it....I need the cash.

Jan 7, 2005 at 1:31 AM Post #38 of 127
Quote:

Originally Posted by EyeAmEye
That would be money VERY well spent.
Throw into that equation:
1. Anything by Queen
2. Anything by Elvis

You hit a nerve... on Item #1... Freddie Mercury was incredible... one of the best lead singers ever. Incredible vocal range. Incredible sense of Rhythm, melody and harmony. Brian May is a guitar god IMHO... One of the most unique Vox overdrive tones in rock guitar history.

To the OP....

"Its a small world after all"

Garrett

Jan 7, 2005 at 3:55 AM Post #39 of 127
Celebration by Kool and the Gang.

It's not even that bad of a song but after hearing it at every wedding, bar mitzvah, christening, sweet sixteen and bagel store opening, I can't stand it. I told the dj at my wedding that if he played Celebration he could kiss his tip goodbye.

Jan 7, 2005 at 8:47 PM Post #40 of 127
"Pass the Duche on the Left Hand Side" or something like that from Menudo. I remember hearing it over and over in the 80s and I'm still traumatized.

Jan 7, 2005 at 9:28 PM Post #41 of 127
Quote:

Originally Posted by jpr703
"Pass the Duche on the Left Hand Side" or something like that from Menudo. I remember hearing it over and over in the 80s and I'm still traumatized.

That's the Musical Youths.

Jan 10, 2005 at 1:35 AM Post #43 of 127
Well, if we're talking about recent stuff, or songs you still hear regularly:

Hey Ya
Roses (or Caroline or whatever that POS is called)

Whoever came up with the idea that Outkast are the most talented musicians blah blah blah never actually listened to the "music." And the best part is all of the people who go around spouting that same line who wouldn't know good music if it bit them in the ass.

And Beyonce too, and all the wanna-bes that try to copy her. Not that singing the same line 90 times in 3 minutes over top of one looping electronic beat and some backup echo singers is all that tough to copy...

I guess what I'd really like to know is when the determining factor of what makes music "good" or popular became what the "artists" do when they aren't making "music" instead of the music itself.

-Jay

Jan 10, 2005 at 2:31 AM Post #44 of 127
The Titanic song... Wait, for that matter any Celine Dion song.

All songs from Britney Spears, N-Sync, Backstreet boys, etc...

Enter the Sandman- Metallica

I am going to be a very poor man.

Jan 10, 2005 at 3:39 AM Post #45 of 127
jayg: well you can probably tell from my other posts around here that neither beyonce nor outkast fit in my usual style of music, but I liked Hey Ya a lot and I think Beyonce's an excellent singer who's great when she's given strong material...much like Madonna.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back