Songs that make your headphone WOOOOOW!!!
Mar 9, 2013 at 8:44 PM Post #2,776 of 4,538
Quote:
Nice one...

But mad 'cos I'm so jealous of that hair... I need some. 
tongue.gif
  I dig her percussive use of her voice with the bass.

Reminds me of my favorite bluesman, Mr. Albert Collins, on the masterpiece, Ice Pickin'. Couldn't find many examples of his growling with his 'caster on youtube, but you can get the gist here:

Hmmm. hopefully I get this right

Mar 14, 2013 at 9:24 AM Post #2,782 of 4,538
For those who love Bass, this is phenomenal. One bass player. No electronics. Oh and Bela Fleck on Banjo, Sooo deep at 2.26

Mar 15, 2013 at 10:56 AM Post #2,784 of 4,538
I have a great love of the impressionists in classical music, best known being Claude Debussy and Maurice Ravel. Impressionism is characterised, along with other things, as having very interesting orchestrations, combinations of many sounds are used along with original rhythms to great effect. For a "hi fi" listen the impressionists really are, well, impressive, and of course just being great music.

Headphones will reveal these complicated textures of sound if they are transparent and capable and used with transparent and capable amplifiers and sources.

It is very hard to pick "a song" so I am going to put in the one that I'm listening to right now which is:

Rhapsody for Clarinet & Orchestra

It is on this CD set:

Mar 16, 2013 at 10:30 PM Post #2,788 of 4,538
Quote:
I have a great love of the impressionists in classical music, best known being Claude Debussy and Maurice Ravel. 

Debussy is phenomenal. Something about his style just blends so well with me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back