Songs that make your headphone WOOOOOW!!!
Oct 2, 2012 at 12:53 PM Post #2,192 of 4,539
Quote:
Devin Townsend - Deadhead
Devin Townsend - Truth

oh god yes!  
have you heard  the remake of kingdom?  

Oct 3, 2012 at 12:01 PM Post #2,194 of 4,539
Quote:

One of my favorite recording of all time!!

Having heard multiple Unplugged CD's, Alice In Chains is simply the best live/acoustic recording I have heard to date. Eagles - Hell Freezes Over is a nanometer below them and sounds insanely good as well. Eric Clapton Unplugged is really good but for whatever reason, the recording/engineering on AIC is far better than the other Unplugged releases. More mics, better quality equipment, better mixing, I wish I knew, the details you can hear are just crazy. And don't sample it on youtube, get the CD or flac versions.  

Oct 3, 2012 at 5:37 PM Post #2,195 of 4,539
Quote:
 Having heard multiple Unplugged CD's, Alice In Chains is simply the best live/acoustic recording I have heard to date. Eagles - Hell Freezes Over is a nanometer below them and sounds insanely good as well. Eric Clapton Unplugged is really good but for whatever reason, the recording/engineering on AIC is far better than the other Unplugged releases. More mics, better quality equipment, better mixing, I wish I knew, the details you can hear are just crazy. And don't sample it on youtube, get the CD or flac versions.  

It did felt terrible sharing that youtube link to No Excuses. Even tho the video was in HD (supposedly), the sound does not do the recording justice by any measure. It's one of my most treasured CD's! :)  I haven't heard Eagles - Hell Freezes Over, but i'm intriegued if it's anything near the AIC recording! I'm not a big Eagles fan in general, but it feels like i'm starting to appreciate music in general more the better my equipment gets.

Oct 3, 2012 at 5:59 PM Post #2,196 of 4,539
Quote:

It did felt terrible sharing that youtube link to No Excuses. Even tho the video was in HD (supposedly), the sound does not do the recording justice by any measure. It's one of my most treasured CD's! :)  I haven't heard Eagles - Hell Freezes Over, but i'm intriegued if it's anything near the AIC recording! I'm not a big Eagles fan in general, but it feels like i'm starting to appreciate music in general more the better my equipment gets.

Oh, you have to get the Eagles CD then. I am not a huge fan either, I like 3-4 of there hits, but the recording is like I said, a almost immeasurable nanometer below the AIC cd. I have used it as a reference CD since it came out when setting up new equipment or showcasing gear. The dynamic range is fantastic and the clarity is breathtaking. Hotel California takes on a whole new life.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B004DBWB8Q/ref=tmm_acd_used_olp_6?ie=UTF8&condition=used&qid=1349301419&sr=1-1

Well worth the $3 or so shipped from Amazon for a used copy.

Oct 4, 2012 at 12:07 AM Post #2,197 of 4,539
Both from a recording sense or from a musical sense, Hotel California in that album is absolutely beautiful. That guitar solo intro and the congas... And when the guitar finally gets into the song, the crowd starts cheering and ohh so realistic!

Oct 4, 2012 at 5:25 AM Post #2,201 of 4,539
Quote:
Oh, you have to get the Eagles CD then. I am not a huge fan either, I like 3-4 of there hits, but the recording is like I said, a almost immeasurable nanometer below the AIC cd. I have used it as a reference CD since it came out when setting up new equipment or showcasing gear. The dynamic range is fantastic and the clarity is breathtaking. Hotel California takes on a whole new life.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B004DBWB8Q/ref=tmm_acd_used_olp_6?ie=UTF8&condition=used&qid=1349301419&sr=1-1

Well worth the $3 or so shipped from Amazon for a used copy.

I'll check it out. Thanks for the tip!

Oct 4, 2012 at 11:34 AM Post #2,202 of 4,539
Quote:
Both from a recording sense or from a musical sense, Hotel California in that album is absolutely beautiful. That guitar solo intro and the congas... And when the guitar finally gets into the song, the crowd starts cheering and ohh so realistic!

I agree. That song is top 3 ever in terms of just wow factor, sonic perfection and likeability.The drum just kicks you in the guts!  Dire Straits-Money For Nothing is in that list as well as Rooster from the aforementioned Alice In Chains Unplugged CD.

Oct 4, 2012 at 11:40 AM Post #2,203 of 4,539
Both the Hell Freezes Over live version, and the original Hotel California LP versions are amazing.  I'm torn as to which is better.  But either way, I agree top 10 for wow factor.

Oct 4, 2012 at 1:10 PM Post #2,204 of 4,539
When I listen to Commix's album "Call to Mind" it really shows off the Denon D2000's strengths. Pretty damn amazing. Like being in a cloud of sweet honey. 

Oct 4, 2012 at 2:28 PM Post #2,205 of 4,539
Quote:
When I listen to Commix's album "Call to Mind" it really shows off the Denon D2000's strengths. Pretty damn amazing. Like being in a cloud of sweet honey. 

Interesting stuff, Commix! Not my genre generally, but it seems like a really cool album to showcase a good pair of headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back