Songs that make your headphone WOOOOOW!!!
Aug 15, 2012 at 9:47 PM Post #2,027 of 4,538

This by far is one of the best headphone tests I know of and it's one remarkably well composed song. You just don't hear low freq. used this carefully very much. I've tried this one with many phones, obviously a killer amp is a must, but many phones struggle to make it sound right. 

The tonal balance/rhythm/sonic textures are very compelling and a great test of headphone presentation. Obviously you'll want to hear this off the CD (which in itself is an amazing album.)

Aug 16, 2012 at 9:18 AM Post #2,029 of 4,538
Quote:
Good pick RushNerd, i love Juno ever since i heard of them from the Mortal Kombat movie ages ago when i heard there song Congo Fury.

Me too! I had the Mortal Kombat Soundtrack (also highly recommended) on tape and listened to it almost everyday in middle school, mostly when rollerblading. I had no idea at the time it was Juno reactor though.

I first hear that particular Juno album/song at a Head-Fi meet in Portland,OR. Needless to say I was blown away and tried the song with as many headphones as I could.

Aug 18, 2012 at 1:40 AM Post #2,031 of 4,538
Ry Cooder - Chicken Skin Music (has good dynamic range)

Aug 18, 2012 at 2:45 AM Post #2,033 of 4,538
I just ordered a couple of CDs that I hope will be fun and fascinating to hear with my new Audez'e LCD-2 < tube amp.

Pink Floyd DSOTM - "MFSL Gold CD"
Dire Straits - Dire Straits (remaster) ... have only heard the vinyl, and love it.

happy_face1.gif

Not quite organized enough to make a list of songs, but I will eventually. 

Aug 18, 2012 at 8:35 AM Post #2,034 of 4,538
Quote:

This by far is one of the best headphone tests I know of and it's one remarkably well composed song. You just don't hear low freq. used this carefully very much. I've tried this one with many phones, obviously a killer amp is a must, but many phones struggle to make it sound right. 

The tonal balance/rhythm/sonic textures are very compelling and a great test of headphone presentation. Obviously you'll want to hear this off the CD (which in itself is an amazing album.)

Wow my HE-400's got a workout with that tune, sounds great on them!

Aug 20, 2012 at 8:24 AM Post #2,035 of 4,538
Quote:
Really? I just listened to this track on my Q701s, and I'm not impressed. Im my opinion all K70x/Q701are boring when it comes to playing electronic music. Even with EQ. That's why I bought the AH-D7000 to supplement  them. 

Don't get me wrong, I love the Q701s but I think they are way better on jazz for instance..

My K701 (newer model) which are known for being thinner than the Qs, I find great for everything except more dynamic rock and metal..

I drive them with a Lyr (CV2492 Mullard) and they do sound fantastic with electronic music. I have to admit I don;t listen to it a lot. Try Avicii - Levels (if you are into that kind of electronic) and you will see.

They excel with Jazz, Classical, Classic rock (the more analytical stuff), blues.. but everything else works well except for metal and hard rock. 

When it comes to jazz, I feel like I rediscover them every time I listen to a different album. Take Bitches Brew (by Miles Davis - God Himself) for example, I have a 24/192 vinyl rip of amazing quality.. Grado cartridge and stuff and it sounds brilliant. Jazz with vocals is also rather enjoyable like Diana Krall. So for jazz i'd recommend: Miles Davis - Sanctuary (Bitches Brew) and Diana Krall - Temptation or Black Crow (The Girl in the other room)

Classical music depends very much on the production quality. My favorites are John Williams -  The Imperial March and Ennio Morricone - Once Upon A time in America (the whole soundtrack). (Yea I love film music) 

Rock is generally very good and despite that you can find something sounding thin, there is a huge abundance of albums that are fantastic. For instance: Eric Clapton - Unplugged; Clapton, BB King - Riding with the King, CCR - greatest hits, Dire Straits - Sultans of Swing. Try Layla (Unplugged), Have you ever seen the rain - CCR, Dire Straits - Private investigations

Other songs I just thought of:

Luciano Pavarotti - Caruso 

Jamiroquai - Cosmic Girl

Simply Red - If you dont know me by now

Aug 20, 2012 at 11:43 AM Post #2,036 of 4,538
Here an old song from the now gone band called Harmonium. The song is "En pleine face" from Jorane. It's in french but I'm sure you can feel the emotion without the words.

Enjoy! 
biggrin.gif

Aug 20, 2012 at 1:40 PM Post #2,037 of 4,538
For all the true bassheads out there:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4jNwUL1Yeg&feature=player_detailpage

Sony XB500

FiiO E7 (Bass on 3)

Changing The Game (Bassex Remix)

Enjoy the bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back