Songs that make your headphone WOOOOOW!!!
Dec 2, 2010 at 11:28 PM Post #691 of 4,539
Few of the albums I think sound best:

Janelle Monae - The ArchAndroid

Kylie Minogue - X (especially Nu-di-ty)

Robyn - Body Talk (Parts 1,2,and 3)

As you can see I enjoy my electro-pop haha

Dec 3, 2010 at 2:05 AM Post #692 of 4,539
Fugue in 'D' Minor by Gracious, through my AD700's powered by my E7 with bass on 3.  It just sounds AMAZING!  I would have thought this sound was coming from a $1000 system.

I didn't think there were songs that truly lined up with your headphones so well.  I am blown away, and look forward to finding another!  

Dec 3, 2010 at 2:36 AM Post #693 of 4,539
Dec 3, 2010 at 3:37 AM Post #694 of 4,539
Buena Vista Social Club – Chan Chan
The Prodigy – Thunder
Cerrone – Hooked on You
The Ian Carey Project – Get Shakey
The Art Of Noise – Paranomia
Jean-Michel Jarre – Aero album
John Lee Hooker & Santana – The Healer
Beethoven – Shepherds Hymn from the “Pastoral Symphony”
[size=12pt]Dvorak – Symphony #9[/size]

Dec 3, 2010 at 5:38 AM Post #697 of 4,539
2NE1's To Anyone album for anyone who's interested in K-pop.
darthsmile.gif

Dec 6, 2010 at 9:50 PM Post #698 of 4,539
New favourite bassy tunes after getting my amp today :) 

Flux Pavilion - Got 2 know
Flux Pavilion - I can't stop
Freestylers - Cracks (Flux Pavilion remix)

Dec 6, 2010 at 10:25 PM Post #699 of 4,539
Rome - Swords To Rust - Hearts To Dust
Miles Davis - Flamenco Sketches
Ben Frost - Killshot
Low - Monkey
To a lesser extent:
Gustav Holst - The Planets Suite performed by Boston Symphony Orchestra conducted by William Steinberg

Only reason the Holst rendition doesn't match up to the others is that I'm not very versed on classical and do not know the best interpretation of the Suite.

Dec 7, 2010 at 11:01 PM Post #700 of 4,539
Can someone recommend me a song that will make you WOW for soundstage AND BASS. If you could recommend 3 songs for EACH, I would appreciate it. And by bass I mean impact and depth. I tried lollipop by lil wayne. It sucks. The only song I have in my library with a good impact is "get low" by lil jon.

Dec 7, 2010 at 11:21 PM Post #701 of 4,539
in what genre? rap?

it's not rap, but try some Massive Attack. Mezzanine is a good album. Some good bass and some cool soundstaging.

Quote:
Can someone recommend me a song that will make you WOW for soundstage AND BASS. If you could recommend 3 songs for EACH, I would appreciate it. And by bass I mean impact and depth. I tried lollipop by lil wayne. It sucks. The only song I have in my library with a good impact is "get low" by lil jon.

Dec 7, 2010 at 11:41 PM Post #702 of 4,539
Sound stage...I love the Eagles Hotel California from the Best of the Eagles album (has a little bass at the intro too). Try Pink Floyd Darkside of the Moon...the entire album for some AWESOME sound stage and around your head effects.

Quote:

Dec 8, 2010 at 2:25 AM Post #703 of 4,539
Currently Billy Cobham's newer fusion stuff is giving me eargasms. -"Electric Man feat. Brian Auger" is one.

Also for those interested in electronic stuff with great level of production I can heartily recommend almost everything made by Berlin based Extrawelt. Especially the tracks "Nevereverdiskotricks" and "Clap's Cally"(as found on Spotify). Minimal but very interesting and inspiring.

Dec 8, 2010 at 6:00 PM Post #705 of 4,539
Hip Hop
Common-Be the first song off of the album Be- Amazing upright Bass sound!
Notorious Big- Hypnotize
Dead Prez-Hip-Hop
A Tribe Called Quest- Excursions or Buggin' Out
Wyclef Jean-Mona Lisa

Rock/Metal
Led Zeppelin-Dazed and Confused, Black Dog
Radiohead-Anything from OK Computer especially AIrbag, Paranoid Android and Karma Police.
Dead Can Dance-Song of Sybil, Ullyses, Cantara
Police-Roxanne
Metallica-Enter Sandman
Tori Amos-Crucify, Happy Phantom
Smashing Pumpkins-Cherub Rock, Bullet With Butterfly Wings

Users who are viewing this thread

Back