Songs that make your headphone WOOOOOW!!!
Nov 7, 2010 at 6:41 PM Post #662 of 4,538

Supertramp's first album is just sublime. Terrific stereo imaging and great tunes played with enthusiasm. This is not like other birds of prey.

Nov 11, 2010 at 7:17 PM Post #663 of 4,538
Supertramp is great indeed!

I have too many to name, and I will do so after I receive my 5 headphones (from whom I'll pick one). But one album of the last years that really struck by it's recording-quality is Whitesnake's Good to be Bad.

Absolutely everything seems perfect. Especially the guitar sound, which I normally criticize the most! Goosebumps all the way!

Nov 13, 2010 at 2:53 AM Post #667 of 4,538

Quote:
Listening to the "Chakraphon-Improvisation" piece from Ultrasone's demo CD on my HD600s.  All I can say is WOW.  Or WOOOOOOOW if you like.

Please tell me you are joking it sounds like wind chimes. And the 2nd version of the song makes my ears bleed. But w/e to each his own.

Nov 20, 2010 at 5:32 AM Post #668 of 4,538

Quote:
Quote:
I do prefer On Every Street over Brothers in Arms, SQ'wise.

Don't know Love over Gold really, only the songs that made in on the 'best of' compilations, can't make that comparison

Might I suggest you try Love Over Gold as soon as? Private Investigations is a stunning track.

That was a good suggestion! I bought a Love over Gold remaster for 7 euro's, old beauties are cheap these days

I knew Private Investigations, but before never took the time to really listen to Telegraph Road completely. As I'm older now, it seems I appreciate Dire Straits more then before.

Very good record, last song is also fantastic.

I can see why you prefer this one over B.I.A. sound quality wise; this mix has more juice and in comparison, indeed, B.I.A. is as you can say 'sterile'.
I'm not shure which I prefer in SQ. I do like the 'sterility' of B.I.A., sterile doesn't mean a bad mix, it's just a style which to me seems to suit that record very well. At the other end, those last 5 minutes from Telegraph Road really make my headphones go wowww.

So, I cannot say at this moment which I prefer, both of them are great records, good to great soundquality.

Thank you for this suggestion, probably the rest of the Dire Straits remasters are following within weeks, starting with Making Movies.

Nov 20, 2010 at 9:42 PM Post #671 of 4,538
I agree that Private Investigations and Telegraph Road are epic songs, they sound great live on Alchemy as well 
jecklinsmile.gif

Nov 22, 2010 at 5:09 PM Post #673 of 4,538
Inception's Time

I had 6 eargasm's listening to this track, my god. every big piano note thing brought shivers trough my body.

Nov 22, 2010 at 11:05 PM Post #675 of 4,538
I know most, if not all, of you don't care but...

Have you listened to Kanye West's new album? I usually just gave him a shrug, but I am truly impressed. This is saying a lot considering his mainstreamness. 

Anyway, Battle's album Mirrored is beautiful. So much good music today. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back