Songs that make your headphone WOOOOOW!!!
Sep 27, 2008 at 11:59 AM Post #286 of 4,538
If yu like strong songs with good bass frequencies listen for example Reggae or Funk ,bands for ex:Bob Marley or Peter Tosh or Jamiroquai and in terms of rock listen several cd´s from Pink Floyd collection animals album or dark side of the moon for ex...the better is you can listen all music styles and comparing that get you happy
tongue.gif

Sep 27, 2008 at 2:54 PM Post #287 of 4,538
Hip-hop songs that sound marvellous with my Denon D1001:
The Game - Hate it or love it
Prodigy - Veteran's memorial pt 2
Pharrell Williams - Angel
Kanye West - Roses
Snoop Dogg - Boss' life
Havoc - One less nigga
P Diddy - Last night
Jamie Foxx - Warm bed
Jay-Z - Justify my thug
Lil Wayne - Cash money millionnaire
Young Jeezy - I luv it
Nas - Ether

Other nice tracks...
Goldfrapp - Lovely head
Radiohead - Knives out
Coldplay - Speed of sound
MGMT - Kids

Sep 27, 2008 at 3:33 PM Post #288 of 4,538
I find these really give the 650s a workout:
  1. Jimi Hendrix - Bold as Love (and John Mayer's cover)
  2. John Mayer - In Repair
  3. Led Zeppelin - Bron Yr Aur Stomp, Misty Mountain Hop, Black Dog

Oct 1, 2008 at 3:42 PM Post #291 of 4,538
"Sounds from Hatari" by Henry Mancini (RCA) over the Denon D5000, driven by the Darkvoice 337 w/2x JAN Philips 6SJ7WGT and 2x GE 6080.

Wow! Pristine, sculpted in magnificent 3-D space and near perfect in every respect! : )

Oct 1, 2008 at 5:14 PM Post #292 of 4,538
Electra - Autumn Love, via Oppo DVD player/Travagan's Red/Kenwood KH K1000 has made me happy. A good combo considering it's price range, and I just loved music from 1989, travelling and working my round Euorpe. Down to the beach and chill. These Kenwood headphones have brought the mood back to me.

Oct 2, 2008 at 12:10 AM Post #293 of 4,538
Eva Cassidy - Songbird - what a great voice. Wayfaring Stranger and Wade In The Water are particularly good.

Pat Metheny Group - Letter From Home & Still Like (Talking), both remastered, both exceptional.

Oct 2, 2008 at 5:36 PM Post #296 of 4,538
Great thread.

Current favourite is 'One day like this' by Elbow

What a song - I defy anyone who hasn't heard it not to be moved by this track.

Oct 2, 2008 at 5:56 PM Post #297 of 4,538
Led Zeppelin II - off vinyl: If a piece of equipment can't make this sound warm and lifelike, I'm not interested
Eric Clapton unplugged: There was some sort of magic involved in the mastering of this album, I'm fairly certain. Perhaps they just hadn't learned to compress everything on CD yet.
Metallica - And Justice for all.. : I listen to this looking for articulation and precision, but the album has no bass to it.
Underworld - dubnobasswithmyheadman - The track "skyscraper I love you" and "cowgirl" are good for evaluating clarity and bass response.
Beatles - Srgt. Pepper - The stereo mix of this album is excellent for determining seperation and imaging.

But the one that consistently blow my mind in everyday listening are Dark Side of the Moon off vinyl, the remastered Beatles Revolver CD and the Led Zeppelin DVD.

Oct 2, 2008 at 6:31 PM Post #298 of 4,538
Chemical Brothers - Block Rockin' Beats
Glen Campbell - Sing
The Meters - It Ain't No Use
Plant & Krauss - Rich Woman
R.E.M. - Electrolite
My Morning Jacket - I'm Amazed
Pernice Brothers - Clear Spot
Pogues - A Pair Of Brown Eyes

Oct 2, 2008 at 7:12 PM Post #300 of 4,538
Cross Canadian Ragweed. Live from Tulsa.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back