Songs that make your headphone WOOOOOW!!!
Jan 12, 2014 at 12:14 PM Post #3,302 of 4,536
Listening to Rodrigo y Gabriela (FLAC) > iFi iDAC > iTube > iCan (small bass boost, 3D sound on full) > German Maestro GMP 400, wow, doesn't even sound like headphones, more like you're there listening to it live.

Jan 12, 2014 at 3:28 PM Post #3,303 of 4,536
  This is one of those awesome bands that just never made it big

If you like a perfect circle / soundgarden, put on your favorite cans and zone out for 5 minutes.

Great song! I'm a big TOOL fan and this has that same type of sound :) Good singer too. I feel an urge to go buy their album now...

Jan 14, 2014 at 2:26 PM Post #3,309 of 4,536

Great song! I'm a big TOOL fan and this has that same type of sound :) Good singer too. I feel an urge to go buy their album now...

There are a few good songs on the album, the record as a whole though is only so-so in my opinion.  I give the songwriting a B-, production a B, but there are a few stand-outs (don't think just move, sweat, orbitals).

Check this band out.  Another one-album-wonder from the same time period, but the whole record is awesome.

Jan 18, 2014 at 11:54 AM Post #3,313 of 4,536
Los Angeles Guitar Quartet has several worthy albums that would serve as headphone test audio. One of my favorites is "Blue Echo / Country Gentleman" on their LAGQ's Guitar Heroes album. I have not been able to locate a version other than the CD quality 44.1MHz/16bit, but it is worth a listen.

Cheers... Brian

Jan 19, 2014 at 6:55 AM Post #3,315 of 4,536

Emancipator - Merlion  

http://www.emancipatormusic.com/dusk-to-dawn-out-now

Users who are viewing this thread

Back