Songs that make your headphone WOOOOOW!!!
Jun 22, 2010 at 6:01 PM Post #497 of 4,539
come on guys, guve him a break, that song doesnt have very much going on besides christina aguilara singing. it does have pretty dynamic range as well. its not a bad choice, since she does have a very nice voice. if i hadnt lost my copy of her first cd like 12 years ago i would totally go check it out
biggrin.gif

Jun 22, 2010 at 8:08 PM Post #498 of 4,539
Same. I don't think we should discourage people from posting whatever type of music they like. I think all of us have a few songs that we secretly like that most wouldn't suspect. I've got to say that "Torn" by Natalie Imbruglia has a soft spot in my heart. 
bigsmile_face.gif

Jun 22, 2010 at 8:38 PM Post #499 of 4,539
I wasnt discouraging anyone. Everybody is entitled to there own taste and desires. I just thought it was humorous. Wasnt expecting that song to be the one that people would put down. More power to him if it makes him happy. I liked the song when it came out, but I wouldnt consider it to be one of my reference songs.

Jun 22, 2010 at 8:59 PM Post #501 of 4,539
I love every kind of music....simply, everything. I love music, in general, period.

But, most of all (with my Senn HD25 C-II):

- Foo Fighters (Everlong, The Pretender......etc.)
- The Cranberries (So Cold In Ireland, Zombie, Stars....etc.)
- The Police (Message In The Bottle, Roxanne, Wrapped Around Your Finger, King Of Pain, Every Breath You Take, .......etc.)
- The Clash (Magnificiet Seven, Guns Of Brixton, I Fought The Law, English Civil War....etc.)

- Bad Religion (American Jesus, Adom´s Atom.....etc.)
- Garbage (Why Do You Love me? ...etc.)
- The Cardigans (...)

- great OLD school rap/hip hop...like 2Pac, Beastie Boys, Public Enemy, Salt´n´Pepa etc.
- classical - especially I love Richard Wagner - Die Walküre: "The Ride of the Valkyries"....and etc.
- jazz in general, for example Hotel Costes Volume 1-XX....etc.
- country and world music, like Johnny Cash (The Man Comes Around...etc.), Cechomor (best world music band from Czech Republic, and maybe in the whole world)..etc.
- any punk, rock, metal, grunge,indie..... in general (anything great, you can ever imagine :)

and now, maybe the single song by great artists, which makes me cry and laught in the same moment :)

Guns ´N´ Roses - Sweet Child ´O Mine
Skunk Anansie - Weak
Slobodna Europa (Slovak, 20 years old punkrock band) - Nikdy To Tak Nebude
Vypsana Fixa (Czech, young punkrock band) - Dezolat
Team (Slovak, 20 years old rock band) - Reklama Na Ticho
New Model Army - 51st State
Heroes Del Silencio - Entre Dos Tierras
Reamonn - Supergirl
Pearl Jam - Given To Fly
Nirvana - Jesus Doesn´t Want Me For A Sunbeam
Rage Against The Machine - Wake Up
Metallica - Whiskey In The Jar
NIN - The Warning
Placebo - Special Needs
Bryan Adams - Summer of 69´
Bruce Springsteen - Dancing In The Dark + Walking In Memphis
The Knack - My Sharona
Cheap trick - I Want You To Want Me
Sandi Thom - I Wish I Was A Punkrocker
Falco - Out Of The Dark
Tears For Fears - Shout
Faith No More - Ashes To Ashes
Eagles of Death Metal - Cherry Cola
Texas - I Dont Want A Lover
The Killers - When You Were Young
Mike Oldfield - Man In The Rain
Nickelback - Figure You Out
Ramones - I Wanna Be Sedated
The Offspring - Kids Aren´t All Right
Joy Division - Love Will Tear Us Apart
New Order - True Faith
Depeche Mode - Black Celebration
U2 - City Of Blinding Lights
Kim Carnes - Bette Davis Eyes
Tom Waits - Downtown Train
Michael Bolton - Babylon
Nerina Pallot - Everybody´s Going To War
Green Day - When I Come Around
Pendulum - Hold Your Colour

and many, many, many more.

And also, movie soundtracks, too, like: Master and Commander: The Far Side Of The World (2003), Spawn (1997), Into the Wild (2007), Pulp Fiction (1994), The Last of The Mohicans (1992), It's All Gone Pete Tong (2004), Berlin Calling (2008), Once (2006), The Matrix 1-2-3, Mission Impossible 1-2, xXx (2002), The Boat That Rocked (2009), The Beach (2000), Shutter Island (2010)....etc.

Jun 23, 2010 at 4:11 PM Post #503 of 4,539
Two more to add on, not sure how these escaped me.  Wonderful choir/orchestra music with good bass.

Prelude To Paradise - Trailerhead - The Immediate

Nara - Unearthed - E.S. Posthumus

Jun 24, 2010 at 5:42 AM Post #504 of 4,539
Well, shame on me, I forgot (besides many others) triphop saints from Massive Attack...every single track, makes me feel like heaven. But most of all, I AGAINST I, that´s like opus about Dr.Jackyll and Mr.Hyde, or it seems to me that way
dt880smile.png

And finally, LAMB, especially Gorecki and Gabriel.

The End, for now
smile_phones.gif

Jun 24, 2010 at 9:38 AM Post #505 of 4,539
Do not know if they have been mentioned, the current ones I am most into are:

Bluegrass sessions - Bela Fleck and the Flecktones
Ghosts - NIN
Get Away From Me - Nellie McKay

Jun 24, 2010 at 9:40 AM Post #506 of 4,539
And "Before I Forget" (Slipknot, R.I.P Paul Gray):

You surely know great music from Iceland like Björk, Sigur rós, Emilíana Torrini etc.  But I bet that even if You like great guitar reefs, especially alternative, probably You don´t know minimalist/experimental/rock band from Iceland, For a Minor Reflection.

Feel free to discover them...

Jun 24, 2010 at 9:29 PM Post #507 of 4,539
listening to Dream Theater's 3rd album "Awake" atm and it sounds great, fantastic production imo.  Makes buying my Sennheiser HD-280 Pros worth every cent.  I'll never go back to crappy headphones/headsets.

Jun 25, 2010 at 3:25 AM Post #508 of 4,539
I've recently been working in my new Sen HD650's and so I am reworking my entire library by listening to everything I find. Another fantastic album in its own right, and a soundtrack to a great movie to boot, Meet Joe Black melts reality when I escape in the imagery of the concept of this film. Thomas Newman created a fantastic fugue.

Jun 25, 2010 at 4:35 AM Post #510 of 4,539
Which ones to pick...... 

For my AD2000 i'd say just about everything sounds magical but i'll list some off the top of my head that I noticed a large difference over my other Hps
  1. Cello suite no.1 prelude- Bach
  2. You Are Loved- Josh Groban
  3. Pie Jesu- Sarah Brightman
  4. Just about any Remastered Beatles songs, almost sounds as if they're in the room singing with you.
  5. Any songs from Zepplin, The Who, Rush, CCR, Pink Floyd etc... They literally all shine!
  6. L' Arena- Ennio Morricone
  7. No More Tears- Ozzy Osbourne..... Ooh that last guitar solo! 
    L3000.gif

I probably have at least 50 more that blow my hair line back, while others melt my heart. Some say they aren't good for Classical but I beg to differ!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back