Sonarworks Headphone Calibration software
May 22, 2017 at 10:02 PM Post #751 of 1,377
Please post the new upcoming headphone profiles!! I didn't get the email.
This is what is says to get them:

To get the new profiles press on the SW logo on the upper left side of the plug-in, then press "Add new product license" and enter your existing key + email address.

Once you do that, the headphone profiles will be downloaded automatically to your "Sonarworks Projects" folder, located under Documents on Windows and in your user folder on Mac.

May 23, 2017 at 2:13 PM Post #752 of 1,377
This is what is says to get them:

To get the new profiles press on the SW logo on the upper left side of the plug-in, then press "Add new product license" and enter your existing key + email address.

Once you do that, the headphone profiles will be downloaded automatically to your "Sonarworks Projects" folder, located under Documents on Windows and in your user folder on Mac.

got em, thanks... they really need to add a simple auto-update feature to systemwide that updates all plugins, calibration files and itself .

May 24, 2017 at 3:31 PM Post #754 of 1,377
Slowly on it's way still...

Screen Shot 2017-05-24 at 3.30.30 PM.png

May 24, 2017 at 3:35 PM Post #756 of 1,377
I'm picturing your box full of expensive headphones on an old fishing boat. One that they have to hit the motor with a hammer to get it to crank...lot's of black smoke pouring from the spout. Traveling at top speed across the ocean...7 mph.

Last edited:
May 24, 2017 at 5:17 PM Post #757 of 1,377
I'm picturing your box full of expensive headphones on an old fishing boat. One that they have to hit the motor with a hammer to get it to crack...lot's of black smoke pouring from the spout. Traveling at top speed across the ocean...7 mph.

lol, yeah me too :wink: just hoping i do someday receive them and they are not all destroyed.

May 24, 2017 at 5:59 PM Post #758 of 1,377
lol, yeah me too :wink: just hoping i do someday receive them and they are not all destroyed.
And after all this grief, they're coming back with no measurements, and no custom EQ curves at all.

May 25, 2017 at 12:11 PM Post #759 of 1,377
Just bought the reference 3 headphone plugin and systemwide, now both on spring sales with -40% off, bundled together got further €-20 reduction. Been waiting for this sales after i missed that last year November.

post-68845-1495727024.jpg

post-68845-1495727071.jpg

Awesome piece of software, never ever able to tune to this point by using APO EQ before. My ATH-M50x just sound lovely in mid and treble after profile applied. The harsh treble gone and mid more pronounce.
Really hope they can release the plugin for android system.

Last edited:
May 26, 2017 at 10:13 AM Post #760 of 1,377
lookie what the post man had for me today :wink: package was never even opened and indeed passed customs in Riga on the day it was claimed in tracking only a week after I shipped it. It is clear this was not at all the post office's fault and the simple truth is no one at Sonarworks ever accepted the delivery. Apparently returning a package marked as undeliverable cost another $20.18 bringing my total cost so far to $102.33 and 2 months without headphones.

Opened the package and everything was still sealed and in perfect condition thank god! Give me a few days to enjoy them again before putting them back on the boat :wink:

Please @RudeWolf pm me exact details regarding how to use whatever preferred courier you use so I can get these finally calibrated.

IMG_0317.JPG

Last edited:
May 29, 2017 at 7:41 PM Post #761 of 1,377
currently evaluating menuBus (https://www.menubus.audio) as a systemwide replacement with greater flexibility in being able to add any plugins to the chain and store them as presets using any hotkeys... mac only though. so far so good.

For those of you looking for a budget version of what systemwide offers my evaluation of menuBus so far has been without issue. It 'just works' and supports configuring any combination of plug-ins in the chain. If you don't need all the bells and whistles of keyboard shortcuts and the tons of settings the 'complete' version offers there is a 'lite' version (https://www.menubus.audio/products) for only $10 but I think that deal is going away soon. The thing I like most besides having keyboard shortcuts for each of my headphones and speakers is how robust it is regarding syncing with the DAC even through system sleeps, something Systemwide has trouble with. Anyway, if your a Mac user this is a program you should definitely have in your toolbox, give it a try. :L3000:

May 30, 2017 at 2:27 PM Post #763 of 1,377
True, that is a big advantage of Systemwide... I own both now so I have all the tools in the toolbox I should ever need but for $10 and the added flexibility of accepting any plug-in across all system audio is a no brainer.

May 30, 2017 at 2:30 PM Post #764 of 1,377
Anyone looking for a high quality linear phase band EQ for free I can also recommend Marvel GEQ plug-in. I only wish systemwide or the sonarworks plug-ins would allow you to specify a truely custom target curve for EQ instead of just allowing a bass and treble tilts. Here's to hoping they add that in V4 so I can get rid of the extra EQ and reduce the total latency somewhat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back