Somic EFi-82 MT: Believe the Hype
May 22, 2013 at 5:50 PM Post #242 of 331
Just picked these up, thanks to Peter123 & sofastreamer for the mention & link. First impressions are good, bass is good but boomy and spilling all over the place! Will let it burn in before listening further, but they are very good for a budget headphone.

May 22, 2013 at 8:29 PM Post #243 of 331
Quote:
Just picked these up, thanks to Peter123 & sofastreamer for the mention & link. First impressions are good, bass is good but boomy and spilling all over the place! Will let it burn in before listening further, but they are very good for a budget headphone.

Can you compare to other headphones you have?

May 23, 2013 at 9:19 AM Post #244 of 331
@Grayson73 Sure will do after the burn-in is done! Initial impressions are good, easy to listen and like them more than the MH463.

May 28, 2013 at 3:23 AM Post #245 of 331
Have a pair of EFi-82 MT's partially disassembled if anyone wants them to experiment on. I can't find the time to put the damn things back together, much less mod them.
frown.gif

May 29, 2013 at 8:48 AM Post #246 of 331
Quote:
Have a pair of EFi-82 MT's partially disassembled if anyone wants them to experiment on. I can't find the time to put the damn things back together, much less mod them.
frown.gif

So you haven't yet found a way to tighten the three external screws? If they really are stripped and you just want them put back together, properly align the holes and use small dabs of superglue around the inside where the driver housing and the cover contacts. This prevents you from opening them up again for further mods but I'm sure you no longer want to after going through what you've gone through.

When I opefi'd these, I found the sleeve/ring slips off if you don't use the three inner screws for the end cap to sandwich it together. I superglued that to the driver's housing. fixed. I also no longer have the metal thingamajiggy in place since it requires the end cap to properly seat. I can live without it as the only benefit it provides is to keep the drivers from swinging.

May 29, 2013 at 9:06 AM Post #247 of 331
Quote:
I know this has been talked about a lot and generally people just hate the stock pads. However I would like to ask, how bad are they? I have a friend who is looking for a headphone that can maximally cost what I can get this one for, he is not willing to buy pads. Would you say the comfort and SQ is so bad without pads that it would be better to go for something other?

The stock pads will be fine as they do what they were put there to do but larger pads provide added benefits to SQ (they seal better) and comfort (they don't rest on your ears). I can only speak for myself but using larger pads allows me to wear my Somics for a few hours at a time before they start getting uncomfortable whereas with the stock pads, it hurts my ears that I have to take them off under an hour of use. Another benefit of buying larger pads is that they are not exclusive to the EFi-82. Pads are interchangeable and can be used on your other headphones too.

May 29, 2013 at 4:37 PM Post #248 of 331
Quote:
So you haven't yet found a way to tighten the three external screws? If they really are stripped and you just want them put back together, properly align the holes and use small dabs of superglue around the inside where the driver housing and the cover contacts. This prevents you from opening them up again for further mods but I'm sure you no longer want to after going through what you've gone through.

When I opefi'd these, I found the sleeve/ring slips off if you don't use the three inner screws for the end cap to sandwich it together. I superglued that to the driver's housing. fixed. I also no longer have the metal thingamajiggy in place since it requires the end cap to properly seat. I can live without it as the only benefit it provides is to keep the drivers from swinging.

I'm fairly sure at least one or two are stripped, but more than that I just haven't had the time to do much with them on top of everything else on my plate. I rarely get to listen to music at all anymore if it's not at work or in the car.
frown.gif

Jun 13, 2013 at 1:57 AM Post #249 of 331
Quote:

I'm fairly sure at least one or two are stripped, but more than that I just haven't had the time to do much with them on top of everything else on my plate. I rarely get to listen to music at all anymore if it's not at work or in the car.
frown.gif

I didn't find any stripped, possibility you had the holes not aligned?

All back together, Thanks BBEG!

Phone can't do Red very well...

Jun 21, 2013 at 1:17 AM Post #253 of 331
Quote:
Would the pads from the takstar hi 2050 fit this bad boy?

The 2050 pads are oval vs the 82mt's being round. The Takstar pads do fit nicely on the MH463 though. (On that note: once the padding under the felt is softened, I'm sure the 2050 pads will be superior to the Turtle Beach pads. Until then, Turtle Beach pads are still more comfortable for the 463s).

Jun 22, 2013 at 7:29 PM Post #254 of 331
The Bass on these is really good! Just been running my Bob Marley mix through the E11 (EQ 1) and I'm quite impressed.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

Sep 3, 2013 at 4:29 PM Post #255 of 331
Hi! I know no posts have been done since 6/23, but I hope this post will have responds. ))) I own EFI-82 MT. I like bass and mids, but treble is harsh and dry for my liking. Anybody know any way to fix this, any mod maybe????

Users who are viewing this thread

Back