Somic EFi-82 MT: Believe the Hype
Oct 1, 2013 at 12:18 AM Post #272 of 331
  Creative Aurvana Live will look like a cheapo if you compare their build quality. Pro 80's build quality is a topnotch for me, no creaky plastic noise.

Excellent Thanks!

Oct 1, 2013 at 12:45 AM Post #273 of 331
The Pro 80 is also sold by Gemini as the HSR-1000, which can be had for $50 on eBay in the US. The Pro 80 usually sells for more, because it comes in a briefcase.

As far as comparing these, each headphone has a different sound signature. You can get the EFI82MT for around $35 now from aliexpress, which makes it a huge value over the others. It easily compares to them all in SQ. Get it, you won't have any regrets at all.

The Pro 80 has a slightly pushed treble which makes it seem clearer. I end up needing to cut some treble to avoid fatigue there. One of my favorites.

The HD6000 seems to be bass and treble oriented. Mids dip a little. Great for rock, rap and edm, but isn't as good a value at $90.

The Pro 80 and EFI are my favorite value performers right now. They slay most headphones under $200 for 1/4th the price. I talked to Takstar themselves and they believe the Pro 80 is their best headphone.

I have more Somics and Takstars on the way, including the new Takstar 5500. These chinese brands are highly underrated.

Oct 1, 2013 at 3:57 PM Post #274 of 331
The Pro 80 is also sold by Gemini as the HSR-1000, which can be had for $50 on eBay in the US. The Pro 80 usually sells for more, because it comes in a briefcase.

As far as comparing these, each headphone has a different sound signature. You can get the EFI82MT for around $35 now from aliexpress, which makes it a huge value over the others. It easily compares to them all in SQ. Get it, you won't have any regrets at all.

The Pro 80 has a slightly pushed treble which makes it seem clearer. I end up needing to cut some treble to avoid fatigue there. One of my favorites.

The HD6000 seems to be bass and treble oriented. Mids dip a little. Great for rock, rap and edm, but isn't as good a value at $90.

The Pro 80 and EFI are my favorite value performers right now. They slay most headphones under $200 for 1/4th the price. I talked to Takstar themselves and they believe the Pro 80 is their best headphone.

I have more Somics and Takstars on the way, including the new Takstar 5500. These chinese brands are highly underrated.

Where do the MH463 and HI2050 fit in this comparison?

Oct 6, 2013 at 9:58 AM Post #276 of 331
How much bass do the EFi-82's have compared to say something like the S500's? And can someone briefly explain the overall sound signature and bass quality of the headphone.

Oct 6, 2013 at 7:31 PM Post #277 of 331
How much bass do the EFi-82's have compared to say something like the S500's? And can someone briefly explain the overall sound signature and bass quality of the headphone.

Nice, deep extended bass. Response down to 10hz. Slight, desireable mid bass hump, fairly neutral mids and slightly recessed highs. My kind of signature.

It adjusts to EQ very well too if you want to turn them into basshead cans.

Oct 7, 2013 at 8:19 AM Post #278 of 331
Nice, deep extended bass. Response down to 10hz. Slight, desireable mid bass hump, fairly neutral mids and slightly recessed highs. My kind of signature.

It adjusts to EQ very well too if you want to turn them into basshead cans.

The sound signature is very similar to that of the S500's.

They don't seem to be availabe on Amazon nor eBay, which is a huge problem for me. Where did you guys get your pairs?

Oct 7, 2013 at 8:57 AM Post #279 of 331
Oct 7, 2013 at 10:13 AM Post #280 of 331
Yep. Aliexpress is legit. It's basically chinese ebay. That or dx.com if you want to use paypal.

$35 is just an awesome value on these, as they sound much, much better than typical $80-100 headphones. Hidden gems that not too many people know of.

"Soniq", sells them for $99 in the US, which gives you an idea of the price/performance ratio.
http://soniqusa.com/products/thrust/
http://www.adorama.com/SOSH9000M.html

Oct 7, 2013 at 1:39 PM Post #281 of 331
The thing is though, shipping to my country is very expensive if it's not coming directly from an authorized American site. Since this is from China, shipping will take something between $50-80 depending on the weight of the item.

Oct 7, 2013 at 2:29 PM Post #282 of 331
The thing is though, shipping to my country is very expensive if it's not coming directly from an authorized American site. Since this is from China, shipping will take something between $50-80 depending on the weight of the item.

Or you could buy mine with detachable cable... It would cost $23 to ship to you via postoffice slow parcel with no tracking etc... The shipping cost ramps up quick when you add tracking and speed to it, so make me an offer in PM if you are interested. 

Oct 7, 2013 at 3:33 PM Post #283 of 331
Or you could buy mine with detachable cable... It would cost $23 to ship to you via postoffice slow parcel with no tracking etc... The shipping cost ramps up quick when you add tracking and speed to it, so make me an offer in PM if you are interested. 

Thanks for the offer, but I can't. I'm eyeing another headphone.

Oct 7, 2013 at 3:36 PM Post #284 of 331
Thanks for the offer, but I can't. I'm eyeing another headphone.

NP all is good! 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back