1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Something different to the q701's

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by tuvwum, Dec 11, 2012.
  1. Tuvwum
    Hi.
    I purchased the q701's in conjuntion with the m-stage a couple of months ago to replace my m558/fiio e7 combo, loving them so far.

What I'm after now is a cheaper set of fullsized cans. Say around the $150 mark, closed back, somewhat portable, and have an overall different sound to the q701's (something bassy perhaps for the gym)
    Also the impedence has to be low, as I don't want to be shoving an amp into my pocket along with my phone at the gym.

I'm leaning toward the ATH-M50's (I like the white version, also the silver version is sweet too)

Before I make my final decision however, I would like to read some alternative suggestions if possible.

-Cheers.

2. PurpleAngel Contributor
    JVC HA-S500-Z (Gun Metal Gray) folding headphones, around $80 on eBay, ships from Japan (7 day for shipping).

http://www.head-fi.org/t/621063/the-new-jvc-ha-s500-get-your-pic-idea-ready-for-the-21st-ha-s500-pic-for-cheapo-gear-day

3. Achmedisdead
    Quote:

A fine recommendation!

4. MalVeauX
    Quote:

Heya,

Ultrasone HFI 580
    AKG K167
    Shure SRH750 DJ
    CAL!

Very best,

5. Tuvwum
    Thanks for the quick replies, I'll be doing some more homework now :)

6. planx
    Beyer Custom One Pro sounds like it hits the target