Something different to the q701's
Dec 11, 2012 at 10:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Tuvwum

New Head-Fier
Hi.
I purchased the q701's in conjuntion with the m-stage a couple of months ago to replace my m558/fiio e7 combo, loving them so far.

What I'm after now is a cheaper set of fullsized cans. Say around the $150 mark, closed back, somewhat portable, and have an overall different sound to the q701's (something bassy perhaps for the gym)
Also the impedence has to be low, as I don't want to be shoving an amp into my pocket along with my phone at the gym.

I'm leaning toward the ATH-M50's (I like the white version, also the silver version is sweet too)

Before I make my final decision however, I would like to read some alternative suggestions if possible.

-Cheers.

Dec 11, 2012 at 10:30 PM Post #2 of 6
JVC HA-S500-Z (Gun Metal Gray) folding headphones, around $80 on eBay, ships from Japan (7 day for shipping).

http://www.head-fi.org/t/621063/the-new-jvc-ha-s500-get-your-pic-idea-ready-for-the-21st-ha-s500-pic-for-cheapo-gear-day

Dec 11, 2012 at 10:33 PM Post #3 of 6
Quote:
JVC HA-S500-Z (Gun Metal Gray) folding headphones, around $80 on eBay, ships from Japan (7 day for shipping).

A fine recommendation!

Dec 11, 2012 at 10:35 PM Post #4 of 6
Quote:
Hi.
I purchased the q701's in conjuntion with the m-stage a couple of months ago to replace my m558/fiio e7 combo, loving them so far.

What I'm after now is a cheaper set of fullsized cans. Say around the $150 mark, closed back, somewhat portable, and have an overall different sound to the q701's (something bassy perhaps for the gym)
Also the impedence has to be low, as I don't want to be shoving an amp into my pocket along with my phone at the gym.

I'm leaning toward the ATH-M50's (I like the white version, also the silver version is sweet too)

Before I make my final decision however, I would like to read some alternative suggestions if possible.

-Cheers.

Heya,

Ultrasone HFI 580
AKG K167
Shure SRH750 DJ
CAL!

Very best,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back