Solid music players with 3.5mm trrs port other than Hifiman?
Mar 28, 2018 at 1:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Thomasl

New Head-Fier
I thought hifiman should be good but there're many reviews saying it sounds bad, ("sounds like 'radio'" for hifiman 901).

Although I don't fully believe that, I would love to have more options for music players I can choose from.

Is there any other solid portable players with 3.5mm trrs port? (with price range close to hifiman, not some $3k+ monsters..)

Thank you for your suggestions.

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2018 at 12:59 AM Post #2 of 4
3.5mm TRRS is not terribly common. You'll get more options if you go to 2.5mm or just get a 3.5mm to 2.5mm adapter. Or go Pentaconn, which is not super common but more so than 3.5mm TRRS.

If you don't need it to be a DAP, the iFi Nano black label does some sort of TRRS output. I think LH Labs Geek Out also does?

Mar 29, 2018 at 1:17 AM Post #3 of 4
The new Sony daps are compatible, Zx100/200/300, Hifiman 901s, wish I still had this to sell you as I just sold it for around 500. Hifiman definitely does not sound like a "radio" LOL

Besides that there is also a few daps less known like the QLS360, which has a balanced out that is 3.5mm trrs. Additionally the Hifiman 700 is a GREAT deal though you would have to do with 32g I know that one in particular is balanced with a 3.5mm trrs though I don't know about the mini or super mini. I might be missing a few but essentially this should be mostly all of them currently if I am not mistaken

Users who are viewing this thread

Back