Sold my HD650's to a bud. Need suggestions for new cans. Few questions also.
Feb 9, 2011 at 10:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

BrahmaDogAlpha

New Head-Fier
Little history. Own some HD650's and some Denon 2K's. I game a LOT, as well as listen to music...and the Denon's were just better for my all around use, Senns weren't being used much. Friend lives in Canada, could not find them for less than 400, so I sold him mine for 300. We are both happy. 

Now I want to snag some open cans again though. I was looking at the HE-5LE. I like what I have read on the reviews, they are within my budget, and they may add a fuller bass than the HD650's.

I know they aren't an open can, but I was also looking at the Denon 7K since I liked the 2K's so much. But I have a couple questions.

I have the Maverick Audio A1/D1 setup, and even though I have read up a bit on the HE-5LE's I'm not sure if my Mav setup can do these cans justice. Secondly, compared to the HD650's what am I looking at as far as sound quality and change goes? Up, down sideways? Better highs? Better bass? Better soundstage? My 2 issues with the HD650's were that "veil" and I wanted a tad deeper bass in my headphones. BUT I could literally listen to music for hours on end with them. The Denon 2K's I really need to take them off every so often. 

Also, coming from the Denon 2K's and going to the Denon 7K's, am I better off snagging a totally different can like the HE-5LE's?  I already do own the 2K's? Are another headphone a better choice because I do own the 2K's? Or are the 7k's such an upgrade in overall quality I may be better served snagging them?

Any other recommendations? I can afford to spend about 1k or so, but keep in mind I really wish to keep my Mav Audio setup. I like the versatility it offers, and the sound. But I am open to a new amp if it really is the better solution. But again a budget of 1k is what I am looking at.

Thanks in advance. (I hope I shouldn't have tagged this under another thread).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back