Softears - Discussion & Appreciation
Nov 16, 2023 at 12:54 PM Post #1,591 of 1,599
Screenshot_2023-11-16-23-52-51-48_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

The Twilight is on sale for 11.11. A pretty good deal for an IEM with almost all positive Reviews.

Mar 19, 2024 at 10:10 AM Post #1,592 of 1,599
[Cross post from the Eletech cables thread] One of the pairings with the Enigma cable I have wanted to try out is with the SoftEar Turii. One of the strengths (and weaknesses) of the OG Turii has always been its great bass and sub bass. It is so fun and addictive and yet can sometimes get irrationally exuberant. Whilst I do love my Turii Ti, with its treble extension and great soundstage, I do miss the bass quantity of the OG Turii.

Anyway, I am pleased that I got around to pairing the two. The Turii’s bass is more controlled and more taut thereby giving the mids and trebles of the Turii to have some breathing space. It is a very nice change indeed! :)

IMG_3751.jpeg

May 9, 2024 at 12:51 PM Post #1,594 of 1,599
I got a chance to loan some Softears IEM to review from my local distro. Really love the Cerberus and made a first impression video on it comparing to some other IEMs I have. I like how the Cerberus renders vocals and is a delight to listen

May 9, 2024 at 2:45 PM Post #1,595 of 1,599
I got a chance to loan some Softears IEM to review from my local distro. Really love the Cerberus and made a first impression video on it comparing to some other IEMs I have. I like how the Cerberus renders vocals and is a delight to listen

Gonna watch this later :v:

In the meantime, @mobbaddict, you might like this one, it graphs similar to the Space Travel's Monitor setting and is technically surely better! (A bit dark though)

graph.png

May 9, 2024 at 8:23 PM Post #1,597 of 1,599
Gonna watch this later :v:

In the meantime, @mobbaddict, you might like this one, it graphs similar to the Space Travel's Monitor setting and is technically surely better! (A bit dark though)

graph.png
It’s definitely on the darker side but not as dark as some other iem I have. It does sound really good for vocals

May 10, 2024 at 1:59 PM Post #1,598 of 1,599
It’s definitely on the darker side but not as dark as some other iem I have. It does sound really good for vocals
If I'm not mistaken, this or the RS10 was Softears' first IEM, and it arrived when Sonion ESTs were the hot new thing, and every company targeting a more affluent demographic put them in their sets but didn't really know how to correctly implement it, so they ended up with dark sets. Crinacle has a good rant on this in one of his reviews. But that mid-range and bass is quite iconic: there are barely any sets tuned similarly.

May 10, 2024 at 8:19 PM Post #1,599 of 1,599
If I'm not mistaken, this or the RS10 was Softears' first IEM, and it arrived when Sonion ESTs were the hot new thing, and every company targeting a more affluent demographic put them in their sets but didn't really know how to correctly implement it, so they ended up with dark sets. Crinacle has a good rant on this in one of his reviews. But that mid-range and bass is quite iconic: there are barely any sets tuned similarly.
Yeah I went to read up alittle on it. But the important part really is the final sound which is rather unique as far as iem goes. So much so even though it’s a loaner unit to me to just do a quick impression and demo, I used it more then I should haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back