Softears - Discussion & Appreciation
Jul 3, 2022 at 9:40 AM Post #1,141 of 1,593
I think the studio has tuning switches.

Jul 3, 2022 at 10:02 AM Post #1,142 of 1,593
Yep, there is one with tuning switch, but I couldn’t find out if this is just an engineering sample or an actual (WIP) product

06AB7544-974D-4925-A463-7CF8E55D593E.jpeg

Jul 3, 2022 at 10:21 AM Post #1,143 of 1,593
Yep, there is one with tuning switch, but I couldn’t find out if this is just an engineering sample or an actual (WIP) product
from the softears weibo comments 那个只是调试用的,最终应该是用户不能调整的,开关只是方便我们工程师调试才安装的 so yeah it's some prototype and the final product will probably comes without the switch

Jul 3, 2022 at 10:24 AM Post #1,144 of 1,593
softears also mentioned other then Twilight the other three are still listed as work in progess
Spoke to @Uncle Wilson at Jaben Singapore. The ETA of the Twilight is in the next few weeks for Singapore at least. Of course, as we saw with the Turii Ti, that is what is planned. :)

Jul 16, 2022 at 3:42 PM Post #1,145 of 1,593
Hi there, I'm considering the RSV or the dunu sa6. Does someone have/had both? I think it's certain that the RSV is the more accurate one. But does the dunu sa6 have some traits over the RSV that makes them a more enjoyable or exciting listen although not being as refined? How is it in terms of comfort. The sa6 looks a good bit smaller?

Jul 16, 2022 at 6:33 PM Post #1,146 of 1,593
I rated both, listened to both, I own the RSV and will never give it up EVER. If you were to A/B test the RSV is the winner easily, more full, more open, mo better. SA6 isn't bad but RSV is a top IEM.

Jul 17, 2022 at 3:11 AM Post #1,147 of 1,593
Hi there, I'm considering the RSV or the dunu sa6. Does someone have/had both? I think it's certain that the RSV is the more accurate one. But does the dunu sa6 have some traits over the RSV that makes them a more enjoyable or exciting listen although not being as refined? How is it in terms of comfort. The sa6 looks a good bit smaller?
Definitely the RSV. It's one of my personal favourite IEMs under $1000. It has an amazing talent of bringing music to life, with impressive tonality and an engaging soundstage. Plus it has a very comfortable fit for me personally.

Even though RSV is capable of a deep insertion fit because of its design, I find the soundstage sounding best when inserted slightly shallower, where the ear tip first couples with the ear canal snugly and not pushing it any deeper. Try that if you get to audition the RSV.

Jul 17, 2022 at 5:06 AM Post #1,148 of 1,593
I’ve only had the RSV for going on three weeks now. It’s been in my ears for the greater part of the waking hour and has certainly put some things into perspective for me. I definitely prefer this tuning for my library consisting of 80% plus Vocal. I find them to be quite revealing of source, though. Currently pairing ‘em with my Luxury & Precision W2. Seems like it pairs better with neutral sources than those on the “warmer side.

Which sources do you guys prefer or have found it to pair best with?

Jul 17, 2022 at 6:05 PM Post #1,150 of 1,593
I only had a loaner SA6 and own the RSV, but iirc, the nozzle on RSV is wider. As for the comfort, I don't have an issue but that is how I ended up with a used set, previous owner had pressure or vacuum on removal. I don't remember which one. RSV is a great set, but if you run into a used mint condition SA6, those tend to be great values.

Jul 21, 2022 at 9:48 AM Post #1,152 of 1,593
The Twilight is now launched in china for ¥ 5999 , the Turii for comparsion was ¥ 8999.
Is that the price for the orginal Turii or the Turii Ti? Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back