Softears - Discussion & Appreciation
May 15, 2022 at 8:58 AM Post #1,114 of 1,593
basically, if you connect the right-side cable to an iem it becomes the right side?
Sorry, i didn't know because my headphones are labeled left and right, and my cables are also labeled left and right so I need to match them.
yes correct, (some) iem is also labelled left and right, but in this case, rs10 doesn't need to be labelled because there is only one way to wear them. refer to the photo for which should be the left and which should be the right

May 16, 2022 at 6:19 AM Post #1,115 of 1,593
Just ordered Turii Ti from HiFiGo. Now the wait begins.

May 16, 2022 at 7:40 AM Post #1,116 of 1,593
Just ordered Turii Ti from HiFiGo. Now the wait begins.
Congrats! I am still waiting for mine to arrive at Jaben Singapore. The whole Covid lockdown situation in China is playing havoc with logistics…

May 16, 2022 at 9:07 AM Post #1,117 of 1,593
Congrats! I am still waiting for mine to arrive at Jaben Singapore. The whole Covid lockdown situation in China is playing havoc with logistics…
I hope they sort out the loose pins. I love the Turii but I've dropped the left a few times because the pins are not very secure no matter what cable I use.

May 16, 2022 at 9:59 AM Post #1,118 of 1,593
I hope they sort out the loose pins. I love the Turii but I've dropped the left a few times because the pins are not very secure no matter what cable I use.
I suspect it also has something to do with the weight of the OG Turii. All the stress may perhaps have loosened things up. When I was demoing the Turii Ti demo unit that @Uncle Wilson from Jaben SG sent across I cannot say I noticed that. But will report back once I receive mine at last.

@RPKwan I had the entire series of SoftEars demo units when Jaben SG first carried them. I will confess that I did not recall any issues with the sockets. But then again I only had them for a week. But the Turii was the one I really enjoyed.

Will keep an eye on that issue when I get the Turii Ti. :)

May 16, 2022 at 10:03 AM Post #1,119 of 1,593
I suspect it also has something to do with the weight of the OG Turii. All the stress may perhaps have loosened things up. When I was demoing the Turii Ti demo unit that @Uncle Wilson from Jaben SG sent across I cannot say I noticed that. But will report back once I receive mine at last.

@RPKwan I had the entire series of SoftEars demo units when Jaben SG first carried them. I will confess that I did not recall any issues with the sockets. But then again I only had them for a week. But the Turii was the one I really enjoyed.

I spoke very recently with the shop I bought mine from and they mentioned this is a very common problem with the Turii. I thought it was me only, but yes the weight of the shell doesn't help. Guessing it will be better with a lighter Ti shell.

May 16, 2022 at 10:06 AM Post #1,120 of 1,593
I spoke very recently with the shop I bought mine from and they mentioned this is a very common problem with the Turii. I thought it was me only, but yes the weight of the shell doesn't help. Guessing it will be better with a lighter Ti shell.
Fingers crossed. Will let you know. By the way, if you get a chance to demo it, I suspect you will like it. It has better treble extension and consequent sound stage. :)

May 16, 2022 at 11:38 AM Post #1,121 of 1,593

The Ti shell is lighter. Hopefully there's no such problems.

May 16, 2022 at 12:32 PM Post #1,122 of 1,593
The Ti shell is lighter. Hopefully there's no such problems.
No issues here with my Leo 2 and OG Turii. Pin/Socket's are pretty secure. They were a used pair that were pretty worked over by the time I got them. A few other cables I tried were fairly loose and easily slipped out when adjusting the iem, but I guess I lucked out with the sound and the ergonomics of the EA classic.
Can wear seemingly all day with no discomfort. Big ol' ymmv though.

May 17, 2022 at 12:58 AM Post #1,124 of 1,593
Big thanks to @Uncle Wilson at Jaben Singapore! See what has finally arrived!

2F41A386-352A-4187-9602-AB9B6A71A0B5.jpeg
1503D69A-5B9A-422D-ACCB-EC340B6993E5.jpeg
667E2AA0-23BA-4756-9A0D-8085024ED636.jpeg
1E10EBD3-FBB8-45DF-95C6-F2F374BB0E4A.jpeg
282DC027-DA7B-44DA-98CD-7A01600F0BAC.jpeg

May 17, 2022 at 6:05 AM Post #1,125 of 1,593
I always thought the cable that came with the Turii Ti was the Evua. Cos I recall reading on the prototypes on Chinese forums. But @Uncle Wilson from Jaben SG got a clarification from SoftEars that it is a custom cable that Liquid Links did specially for them. Pure silver it appears. :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back