Softears - Discussion & Appreciation
Dec 30, 2021 at 1:06 PM Post #902 of 1,597
Running Google Translate for the site, what I gather from it is the listener thinks the new Ti version has slightly less bass, and a brighter feel to the highs. That's a no-go for me! I thought the standard Turii could stand to have just a touch more bass, not less, and the highs were already bordering on bright at times (nothing terrible though). If his observations wind up widely confirmed, then I'll thankfully have my wallet spared! Lighter weight shell is a nice result though from the titanium....

Dec 30, 2021 at 1:12 PM Post #903 of 1,597
https://zhuanlan.zhihu.com/p/449567511

some pictures of a Turii ti prototype that has maybe a softly different tuning then the original
That was a limited special edition Turii. They are supposedly coming out with the same black turii with different packaging but its been a long wait already, so who knows 🤷‍♂️

Dec 30, 2021 at 1:16 PM Post #904 of 1,597
That was a limited special edition Turii. They are supposedly coming out with the same black turii with different packaging but its been a long wait already, so who knows 🤷‍♂️
The EU dealer promised it would be available in December but since I enquired around Dec 10th or so I haven't heard anything back so I think they will simply focus on the lower end of the market where they can make much more money.

drftr

Dec 30, 2021 at 2:03 PM Post #905 of 1,597
Running Google Translate for the site, what I gather from it is the listener thinks the new Ti version has slightly less bass, and a brighter feel to the highs. That's a no-go for me! I thought the standard Turii could stand to have just a touch more bass, not less, and the highs were already bordering on bright at times (nothing terrible though). If his observations wind up widely confirmed, then I'll thankfully have my wallet spared! Lighter weight shell is a nice result though from the titanium....
That sounds terrible. I agree with your assessments of how to better Turii.

In a perfect world Turii needs just a bit more sub bass and a lighter more isolating shell. A good cable pairing can attenuate some of the highs and smooth them.

Dec 31, 2021 at 5:37 AM Post #906 of 1,597

Yes, that chinese article is about the limited Turii titamium and in the translation is also the word prototype so who knows :wink:
After my knownledge Softears skipped their plans to release the "old" Turii with an updated package and also discontinued the production meanwhile, instead a new version of Turii was/is :thinking: in mind.

That sounds terrible. I agree with your assessments of how to better Turii.

In a perfect world Turii needs just a bit more sub bass and a lighter more isolating shell. A good cable pairing can attenuate some of the highs and smooth them.

That's true isolation is one if not the only negative aspect of the turii and you should better use him in quiet enviroment,out of curiosity what cable pairings would you recommended ?
A note about turii's bass to people who did'nt heard him and can only look at the frequency graph, the bass has better impact then a BA driver with higher db while on the other side is not eleveated or even boosted.

Dec 31, 2021 at 10:49 AM Post #907 of 1,597
Dec 31, 2021 at 1:21 PM Post #909 of 1,597
Please let us know how the new one feels as you're a bit ahead of us Alexey! May I say as always?

drftr
"I have my finger on the pulse", follow the news). If I have news about a new product and about new Tips from Softears, I will definitely inform you here my friend.

Dec 31, 2021 at 1:29 PM Post #910 of 1,597
"I have my finger on the pulse", follow the news). If I have news about a new product and about new Tips from Softears, I will definitely inform you here my friend.
Ha ha! Sorry, I should have been clearer. Sometimes I don't even understand my own jokes... 🤔

When you said Happy New Year I responded with Please let us know how the new one feels. So the new one was the New Year, because since you are located East of most of us you will experience it earlier, so you can share with us if it's a good year or not.

Typically my jokes work better when everybody is completely drunk already - story of my life... 😎

drftr

Dec 31, 2021 at 1:42 PM Post #911 of 1,597
out of curiosity what cable pairings would you recommended ?
I don’t have a huge amount of cables that I tried, but out of what I own, Effect Audio Leonidas ll 4 wire was a special pairing above the others and now doesn’t get changed.
I honestly didn’t really gell with Turii till I attached the leo.

Jan 1, 2022 at 12:00 AM Post #912 of 1,597
Ha ha! Sorry, I should have been clearer. Sometimes I don't even understand my own jokes... 🤔

When you said Happy New Year I responded with Please let us know how the new one feels. So the new one was the New Year, because since you are located East of most of us you will experience it earlier, so you can share with us if it's a good year or not.

Typically my jokes work better when everybody is completely drunk already - story of my life... 😎

drftr
Yes, that's ok)) I hope the New Year will be good for everyone.

271026265_4905464576185687_182991904085056833_n.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2022 at 9:34 AM Post #913 of 1,597
Softears RSV CIEM

DSCF7766 1.jpg

Jan 2, 2022 at 10:42 AM Post #915 of 1,597
Awesome @HansBarbarossa

How much does that run?
Oh, I didn't understand the question. Sorry mate )) If you mean how long I used CIEM version of RSV, then about half a year. But DC-05 has just arrived.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back