Softears - Discussion & Appreciation
Sep 28, 2022 at 11:13 AM Post #1,201 of 1,593
Finally it’s here. My only regret is this: how come this doesn’t come way earlier like 6-7 years ago? It would have saved me so much money 😅

To my ears (YMMV, my taste, etc. yada yada yada), this is the ONE. I’ve never heard an IEM that sounds so natural, transparent, with the right amount of everything: sub-bass, mid-bass, mids, treble. Vocals, violins, guitars, piano, kick drums, every instrument just sounds right. Amazing soundstage and clarity, with zero sibilance. None. I have to give my hats off to whoever tuned this thing. It’s absolutely incredible. It’s tuned even better than my EQ’d LCDi4. There’s plenty of energy and dynamics, and just a touch of warmth to top it off. Paired with N8ii (high gain, P+, tube, AB mode), this is seriously and eerily similar to my CA1a and SR1a headphones driven by a combo of 300B preamp and SS amp.

I don’t even feel the need to cable or tip roll. The sound is just perfect as it is. Coherent and balanced. It’s a definite goodbye to my Xe6 and IE600.

Yep. The Turii Ti is so coherent and balanced that everything just sounds natural.

Sep 28, 2022 at 4:39 PM Post #1,202 of 1,593
Sharing thoughts on Turii Ti as posted in another thread...

Stream of thought while listening for the last hour or so - which I must note, has included a lot of heart racing, and shortness of breath!

While there isn't an enormous quantity of bass, the quality is sublime - wonderful texture, on point impact/slam and incredibly visceral sub reach - I'm not feeling at a loss whatsoever. There is zero bleed to mids which have exceptional clarity with a massive wide/tall presence - beautifully emotive, with a nice sense of lushness. Treble is crisp, ethereal, extends very well, and really drives out the most tiny details. Timbre is utterly divine, everything sounds accurately rendered, actually quite eerily almost. Highly, highly resolving, far surpassing any DD I've heard... I need more time, but I'm inclined to say these challenge my top tier sets, and are again raising questions for me.

As per my experience with Twilight, Turii Ti sounds like an earbud or open headphones, but even larger - a vast space, with ample air and impeccable imaging and layering. The sheer clarity immediately jumps out - but not at the expense of emotive connection, they don't sound at all clinical or soulless. The sense of sound dispersion across the stage is quite incredible, while of course being delivered with wonderful, natural cohesion.

The Liquid Links cable is light, soft, supple, and excellent quality. It has a fantastic modular system which is even better than DUNU.

20220928_201024.jpg

Maybe something like Dita Perpetua can roll up it's sleeves and put up a good fight - otherwise, I'm inclined to say I've found my DD endgame. These are phenomenal, absolutely blown away. I honestly cannot believe my ears and find it hard to imagine how anything could sound better.

Oct 1, 2022 at 4:12 PM Post #1,203 of 1,593
Scubi, you son of a gun, you got me. Demo Turii TI on the way from Andrew to use until my new set comes in. Did not even ask for the demo. THAT'S service!!!!!!!!!!!

Oct 1, 2022 at 4:24 PM Post #1,204 of 1,593
Scubi, you son of a gun, you got me. Demo Turii TI on the way from Andrew to use until my new set comes in. Did not even ask for the demo. THAT'S service!!!!!!!!!!!

Amazing service as always from Andrew! Hope you enjoy, a really fantastic set - hobby changing for me!

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 1, 2022 at 4:29 PM Post #1,205 of 1,593
Oct 1, 2022 at 4:35 PM Post #1,206 of 1,593
Are you going to keep Twilight?

Yes - it's a smoother signature, more intimate and definitely complementary. More bass, less treble and detail - but wonderfully alluring and captivating. It this Softears combo that ultimately led to my drastic action in selling Traillii and Jewel.

Oct 1, 2022 at 4:46 PM Post #1,207 of 1,593
Yes - it's a smoother signature, more intimate and definitely complementary. More bass, less treble and detail - but wonderfully alluring and captivating. It this Softears combo that ultimately led to my drastic action in selling Traillii and Jewel.
Twilight will be my Christmas present. I have no IEMs I want to sell that would fetch a price worth the sale. Monday is a money day though. They will pry my Jewel from my cold dead hands.

Oct 1, 2022 at 11:26 PM Post #1,209 of 1,593
Scubi, Just like Sennheiser, SoftEars has matched sets of IEMs. Sennheiser has the higher end more reference IE900 and the more fun tuned IE 600. SoftEars has the more reference tuned Turii Ti and the more fun tuned Twilight. Its kinda funny that each expensive reference IEM looks like its fun twin somewhat.

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2022 at 12:17 AM Post #1,210 of 1,593
Finally it’s here. My only regret is this: how come this doesn’t come way earlier like 6-7 years ago? It would have saved me so much money 😅

To my ears (YMMV, my taste, etc. yada yada yada), this is the ONE. I’ve never heard an IEM that sounds so natural, transparent, with the right amount of everything: sub-bass, mid-bass, mids, treble. Vocals, violins, guitars, piano, kick drums, every instrument just sounds right. Amazing soundstage and clarity, with zero sibilance. None. I have to give my hats off to whoever tuned this thing. It’s absolutely incredible. It’s tuned even better than my EQ’d LCDi4. There’s plenty of energy and dynamics, and just a touch of warmth to top it off. Paired with N8ii (high gain, P+, tube, AB mode), this is seriously and eerily similar to my CA1a and SR1a headphones driven by a combo of 300B preamp and SS amp.

I don’t even feel the need to cable or tip roll. The sound is just perfect as it is. Coherent and balanced. It’s a definite goodbye to my Xe6 and IE600.

BD64D1A2-03AC-4ABD-8D54-37096493128B.jpeg
6B37EDE8-6185-44EB-ADA1-12F41E714575.jpeg
The excellent cable helps too :)

Oct 3, 2022 at 5:03 AM Post #1,211 of 1,593
Sharing thoughts on Turii Ti as posted in another thread...

Stream of thought while listening for the last hour or so - which I must note, has included a lot of heart racing, and shortness of breath!

While there isn't an enormous quantity of bass, the quality is sublime - wonderful texture, on point impact/slam and incredibly visceral sub reach - I'm not feeling at a loss whatsoever. There is zero bleed to mids which have exceptional clarity with a massive wide/tall presence - beautifully emotive, with a nice sense of lushness. Treble is crisp, ethereal, extends very well, and really drives out the most tiny details. Timbre is utterly divine, everything sounds accurately rendered, actually quite eerily almost. Highly, highly resolving, far surpassing any DD I've heard... I need more time, but I'm inclined to say these challenge my top tier sets, and are again raising questions for me.

As per my experience with Twilight, Turii Ti sounds like an earbud or open headphones, but even larger - a vast space, with ample air and impeccable imaging and layering. The sheer clarity immediately jumps out - but not at the expense of emotive connection, they don't sound at all clinical or soulless. The sense of sound dispersion across the stage is quite incredible, while of course being delivered with wonderful, natural cohesion.

The Liquid Links cable is light, soft, supple, and excellent quality. It has a fantastic modular system which is even better than DUNU.

20220928_201024.jpg

Maybe something like Dita Perpetua can roll up it's sleeves and put up a good fight - otherwise, I'm inclined to say I've found my DD endgame. These are phenomenal, absolutely blown away. I honestly cannot believe my ears and find it hard to imagine how anything could sound better.
Hi, how would you compare the Turii Ti to Jewel? How’s the bass quantity and quality between the two?

Oct 3, 2022 at 5:17 PM Post #1,213 of 1,593
So let me start by saying I do not maintain that Turii Ti is a ‘better’ IEM than Jewel, there is of course a technical difference between the two, and it really is hard to beat Jewel in that regard - it’s an analytical king, allowing you zoom in on the tiniest of details and with very good coherency - though Traillii is still the king of coherency of multi-driver sets I’ve owned.

In terms of sound profile, there are similarities in as far as somewhat neutral tuning - no huge emphasis on any frequency segment, all very well balanced. The Turii Ti graph had me a little worried before I heard them - it suggested relatively weak bass, and forward treble (which is does to a degree, but not harsh) - I took the plunge due to enjoying Twilight so much, and existing praise for the Ti from the small number of owners. I’ve now sold Jewel, and not listened since I did an A/B one evening last week - from memory though, I would say the quantity of bass is probably quite similar, both allowing what I would describe as an adequate quantity of bass relative to the rest of the frequencies. This is where things get interesting though - what I find with Turii Ti, is that there is an incredibly unique tactility across the FR - bass, mids, treble all have a wonderful sense of realism that you can almost touch and feel - a visceral, and ethereal listening experience - where it doesn’t have a massive quantity of bass, is more than made up for in quality (and I don’t feel I’m missing any bass as a result). This allows for a beautiful emotive connection to music, a level of which I’ve only experienced up to now with Traillii, which I’ve also just sold! On the point of timbre realism, I’ve never heard percussion for example portrayed as well as on Ti - on any set I’ve heard - even electronic drums sound almost like real drums, it is quite incredible.

Turii Ti is no slouch when it comes to technical ability, and I was very surprised when I A/B’d last week - I wasn’t at a loss for details, resolution or stage, even though of course there is a gap - but I don’t think a massive one. What really hit me, and led to listing Jewel on classifieds that same night, was the pure emotive connection that immediately clicked with Ti, and wasn’t there to the same degree with Jewel when I switched. It must be noted that I’ve been a big fan of single DDs for almost 2 years now, and tried quite a few so there is a bias towards single drivers. Ultimately, I preferred the overall sound profile of Ti and while I still adore Jewel, that’s a lot of cash tied up in a set that I just knew wasn’t going to get much of my time. The same applied to Traillii for similar reasons - but also, there is mention of a Traillii 2 which I would be eager to try and thought a good opportunity to sell the bird now, before prices potentially crash on launch of a revised version, if indeed it happens. In an ideal world, with no finance considerations, I would have kept both, but sadly not an option.

Turii Ti in short has clicked with me in a way I honestly couldn’t have expected. I’ve been accused of ‘hype’ and praising new sets every month, which I guess is fair as I’ve bought and sold a lot, a bit ‘the boy who cried wolf’, but the wolf is indeed here this time!!! The hunt I kicked off to explore single DDs almost two years ago has led me to my favourite IEM so far on my journey, and it will take a lot to find something to beat it. The magic of a set that you want to just keep exploring your library to hear what your favourite tracks might sound like, even staying up too late to keep going, or looking forward to a gap in the day to immerse yourself again - that to me is evidence of a wonderful set, and could indeed be the mythical end-game if one was inclined to stop exploring.

Just to note, that doesn’t mean I won’t continue to explore multi-driver sets, I absolutely will (and already have one ordered :) ), I really enjoy hearing what’s possible with various driver configs, but the backbone to my collection will most likely remain single drivers, with Turii Ti on the throne for now.

Oh and of course, this is my unique experience - the usual YMMV caveat applies.

Mandatory picture to support the post :)

Stock tips didn't work for me, I'm using the SpinFit W1 which are a perfect fit for my ears.

20221003_220650 copy.jpg

Oct 3, 2022 at 5:33 PM Post #1,214 of 1,593
So let me start by saying I do not maintain that Turii Ti is a ‘better’ IEM than Jewel, there is of course a technical difference between the two, and it really is hard to beat Jewel in that regard - it’s an analytical king, allowing you zoom in on the tiniest of details and with very good coherency - though Traillii is still the king of coherency of multi-driver sets I’ve owned.

In terms of sound profile, there are similarities in as far as somewhat neutral tuning - no huge emphasis on any frequency segment, all very well balanced. The Turii Ti graph had me a little worried before I heard them - it suggested relatively weak bass, and forward treble (which is does to a degree, but not harsh) - I took the plunge due to enjoying Twilight so much, and existing praise for the Ti from the small number of owners. I’ve now sold Jewel, and not listened since I did an A/B one evening last week - from memory though, I would say the quantity of bass is probably quite similar, both allowing what I would describe as an adequate quantity of bass relative to the rest of the frequencies. This is where things get interesting though - what I find with Turii Ti, is that there is an incredibly unique tactility across the FR - bass, mids, treble all have a wonderful sense of realism that you can almost touch and feel - a visceral, and ethereal listening experience - where it doesn’t have a massive quantity of bass, is more than made up for in quality (and I don’t feel I’m missing any bass as a result). This allows for a beautiful emotive connection to music, a level of which I’ve only experienced up to now with Traillii, which I’ve also just sold! On the point of timbre realism, I’ve never heard percussion for example portrayed as well as on Ti - on any set I’ve heard - even electronic drums sound almost like real drums, it is quite incredible.

Turii Ti is no slouch when it comes to technical ability, and I was very surprised when I A/B’d last week - I wasn’t at a loss for details, resolution or stage, even though of course there is a gap - but I don’t think a massive one. What really hit me, and led to listing Jewel on classifieds that same night, was the pure emotive connection that immediately clicked with Ti, and wasn’t there to the same degree with Jewel when I switched. It must be noted that I’ve been a big fan of single DDs for almost 2 years now, and tried quite a few so there is a bias towards single drivers. Ultimately, I preferred the overall sound profile of Ti and while I still adore Jewel, that’s a lot of cash tied up in a set that I just knew wasn’t going to get much of my time. The same applied to Traillii for similar reasons - but also, there is mention of a Traillii 2 which I would be eager to try and thought a good opportunity to sell the bird now, before prices potentially crash on launch of a revised version, if indeed it happens. In an ideal world, with no finance considerations, I would have kept both, but sadly not an option.

Turii Ti in short has clicked with me in a way I honestly couldn’t have expected. I’ve been accused of ‘hype’ and praising new sets every month, which I guess is fair as I’ve bought and sold a lot, a bit ‘the boy who cried wolf’, but the wolf is indeed here this time!!! The hunt I kicked off to explore single DDs almost two years ago has led me to my favourite IEM so far on my journey, and it will take a lot to find something to beat it. The magic of a set that you want to just keep exploring your library to hear what your favourite tracks might sound like, even staying up too late to keep going, or looking forward to a gap in the day to immerse yourself again - that to me is evidence of a wonderful set, and could indeed be the mythical end-game if one was inclined to stop exploring.

Just to note, that doesn’t mean I won’t continue to explore multi-driver sets, I absolutely will (and already have one ordered :) ), I really enjoy hearing what’s possible with various driver configs, but the backbone to my collection will most likely remain single drivers, with Turii Ti on the throne for now.

Stock tips didn't work for me, I'm using the SpinFit W1 which are a perfect fit for my ears.

Thanks Scubi for your good semi review. I hope you will review/report after you have about 100 hours on the Ti to see if there are changes since it is a DD IEM.
There is nothing in the current crop of TOTL IEMs that tempts me. I have been watching for a trusted review of the TI for a while and I was almost ready to jump on Twilight, but you pushed me over the edge. I still want a Twilight and a universal Supermoon.

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2022 at 8:08 PM Post #1,215 of 1,593

20221003_220650 copy.jpg
Thank you for the amazing semi review/comparison, much appreciated! I have heard the Jewel and amazing as it is, best i have heard so far, i did not connect so much with it. I think i prefer less reference like tuning where i can just enjoy the music. Turii Ti is on the top of the list for my next purchase. Can’t wait for your full review!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back