SoFla Meet March 7, 2009?
Feb 25, 2009 at 9:50 PM Post #46 of 101
Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There is a band I like a lot playing at a place called Alligator Alley on Saturday night. The band is Johnny Sketch and the Dirty Notes. They are from New Orleans. Jp knows of them, not sure if anyone else has heard their music. Tickets are $10. It's a small venue. I know some of you have been there before. Great beer and food. Let me know if there is any interest.

I'd be interested in that Mike. I've never hung out in South FL so I'm looking forward to the fun and festivities after the meet
evil_smiley.gif

Feb 26, 2009 at 7:30 AM Post #48 of 101
Hmmm. Alligator Alley. Sounds good to me. Lemme see how that flies with the Birthday Girl.

-Carl

Feb 28, 2009 at 4:20 PM Post #51 of 101
Can't do Saturday night guys,Ill be taking the kids home after the meet because Xenia has to work.Mike the Luxman looks sweet,have you heard it,and with what?I'm not expecting the HD800 to make the meet,so I'm demanding that you take the HE90/Aristaeus rig home to compare the two at your leisure.Keep it as long as you want,I just need someone who is not as biased as I to compare the 800's to something a little higher-end.From the reviews it looks like the 800's will be in my dynamic rig,so then it's on to search for an amp.This should be fun,Gary.
P.S.Can't wait for you guys to see the kids.

Mar 2, 2009 at 1:41 AM Post #52 of 101
Hi guys. I had totally forgotten about this (Mike had told me about it when we met at Publix to buy his Exemplar 2900).

I don't know yet if I will be working, but I'd like to go, even if it isn't the whole day.

All I have (equipment-wise) is the following:

CANS: Alessandro MS-2i,Senn HD25-I with V2 cable, Senn HD580, (still waiting arrival of RS1 and Senn HD600)

AMP: Singlepower Extreme

PORTABLE: two iRiver H320's.

SOURCE: Exemplar 2900, as well as external DAC Monarchy M24. I also have a Trends Audio UD10.1, which is a very good USB transport for using PC as source.

If there is anything on that list above that you'd like me to take for you to audition, let me know, but I am sure most of it is nothing new to the lot of you.

NOTE: is there anything I need to pay to attend? I live about 45 mins away from there, so I don't need to rent any room. However, I also understand there is a base price to cover the costs of the meet at that location. Let me know please.

I hope I can make it.

Mar 2, 2009 at 1:46 AM Post #53 of 101
Pay what you can. We need to raise $300 to cover the room for the meet. I'm expecting between 10 and 15 people.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guss2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can't do Saturday night guys,Ill be taking the kids home after the meet because Xenia has to work.Mike the Luxman looks sweet,have you heard it,and with what?I'm not expecting the HD800 to make the meet,so I'm demanding that you take the HE90/Aristaeus rig home to compare the two at your leisure.Keep it as long as you want,I just need someone who is not as biased as I to compare the 800's to something a little higher-end.From the reviews it looks like the 800's will be in my dynamic rig,so then it's on to search for an amp.This should be fun,Gary.
P.S.Can't wait for you guys to see the kids.

Dumping the e'stat rig on me again.
smily_headphones1.gif
I will gladly take that rig anytime you are willing to give it up. Can't wait to see all you guys.

Mar 2, 2009 at 1:54 AM Post #55 of 101
Quote:

Originally Posted by n_maher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mike might have another portable amp in time for the meet.
evil_smiley.gif

hmm, what could this mean.
confused_face_2.gif

Mar 2, 2009 at 3:46 AM Post #57 of 101
Quote:

Originally Posted by morphsci /img/forum/go_quote.gif
[size=small]The first portable β22?[/size]

I think that is it. Maybe he added a battery pack to my amp and a mini jack.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 2, 2009 at 4:07 AM Post #58 of 101
Heh, no mini jack going on that amp. But yes, I was referring to the beta which despite my best efforts passed all tests with flying colors. Now, if mother nature would just not bury us tomorrow I might actually get it sent out on Tuesday.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 2, 2009 at 6:47 AM Post #59 of 101
i can't attend saturday because i have to work, but if someone willing to accept responsibility and someone to vouch for them wants to swing by to pickup i can loan out some gear for the meet. i am in dania beach right off of a1a (north ocean drive).

rega io dac (available for sale)
&
audio technica w10vtg headphones (not for sale)

Mar 2, 2009 at 7:21 AM Post #60 of 101
Sadly, I'm afraid I'm going to have to miss this one. My girlfriend's sister is getting married in Jamaica on the following weekend, and then I'm heading to Illinois on April 1st and will be in the US for most of the summer. In these hard times, my travel budget isn't what it used to be. But at least when I'm on the road in the motorhome, I don't have airfare and hotel costs to deal with anymore.

I'm also quite busy wrapping several things up here in Cayman before I leave for the US and two weekends away this month would all but kill some of the progress I've been making in that regard. Hopefully, I'll have a chance to catch the next Florida meet (in the summer?) once I'm in the US, considering that domestic flights are so much cheaper than international flights.

Matt, I'm still planning to pass through Tampa at the end of March, but I'm not sure what the exact date is yet. In the meantime, don't scratch any of that vinyl, but play it if you wish.

Enjoy the party, guys. Say hi to Xenia and the babies for me. Give me one demerit in the cumulative attendance statistics, but don't sacrifice any of my albums!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back