SoCal meet? Anyone interested?
Feb 7, 2008 at 6:59 PM Post #91 of 133
I never been to a head fi meet but i would like to attend one.

I know of places that are easily suitable for meetings, but it's not free
frown.gif

probably $30 a person after tax and other fees and >25 people to show up.
Almansor Court :::Serving all your Banquet & Catering needs

Feb 18, 2008 at 11:26 AM Post #93 of 133
Hey guys, sorry bout my absence. I've looked into the rooms a bit.

We have a new student center at my school, however their website links to the "scheduling and conferences website" for information about reserving a room. And that website in turn links back to the "student center website" to schedule a room. I'll try to ask them by phone/in person, and maybe get a look at the room.

The backup option would be
this however, once again I don't know what the room looks like and if fees apply. Seems it's in the building I know as the administration building.

No promises here, but I will at least try to find out what kind of venue might be possible at UC Irvine and post back my findings.

Feb 20, 2008 at 12:12 PM Post #94 of 133
Quote:

Originally Posted by LostOne.TR /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey guys, sorry bout my absence. I've looked into the rooms a bit.

We have a new student center at my school, however their website links to the "scheduling and conferences website" for information about reserving a room. And that website in turn links back to the "student center website" to schedule a room. I'll try to ask them by phone/in person, and maybe get a look at the room.

The backup option would be
this however, once again I don't know what the room looks like and if fees apply. Seems it's in the building I know as the administration building.

No promises here, but I will at least try to find out what kind of venue might be possible at UC Irvine and post back my findings.

UCI here too. Hi.

Mar 6, 2008 at 2:29 AM Post #97 of 133
Hi guys, UCI might not work out. The conference rooms are limited for departments. I'll need to check up on the student center rooms. Not sure what they're like.

However, the form for asking for a reservation doesn't seem too friendly...

Quote:

It is the policy of the University of California for any organization who uses its facilities to name UC REGENTS as additional
insured on their existing insurance policy for ONE MILLION DOLLARS for the date(s) of their event. UC Regents must also be
named a certificate holder. If you have any questions regarding this policy, please do not hesitate to call our office.

I called too late today, the scheduling center is closed already.

Mar 14, 2008 at 9:41 PM Post #100 of 133
yea since there does seem to be a good number of anteaters here...I think in the mean time while we wait for a general socal meeting we should have a uci one...maybe at the student center, someone's apartment/dorm whatever

Mar 20, 2008 at 8:43 AM Post #102 of 133
I'm in Ventura, too.Never been to a headfi met,despite being a member for maybe 7 years! I'd love to finally go to one of these. Keep the interest up!

Mar 22, 2008 at 1:08 PM Post #103 of 133
Kind of an update. Forgot to check with the student center info desk...
managed to hit up the Pub
tongue.gif
that recently reopened with two buds from the dorm days to celebrate the end of finals.

Ice cold glasses, pitchers of newcastle and Deschutes (spelling?) pale ale(?). Good times, cept the the deschutes was not exactly for my tastes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back