SoCal meet? Anyone interested?
Apr 15, 2008 at 12:37 AM Post #107 of 133
I'm interested if i'm not caught up with work. I'm not very enthusiastic about the drive especially with the gas prices.

Could bring - OPUS DAC, DAC1, RSA Apache, balanced HD650 and K701

Apr 15, 2008 at 3:16 AM Post #108 of 133
I'd be up for it. I have the gear in my signature, plus a Elite-Townshend Rock turntable if I decide to go that way versus a Creek Evo CDP.

Apr 15, 2008 at 7:06 AM Post #110 of 133
CanJam is right around the corner. If you want a larger SoCal meet, it'll have to be sometime in the Summer at the earliest.

I think a big SoCal meet should be in early Fall, late Summer. Unless there's a place with fantastic air conditioning.

-Ed

Apr 15, 2008 at 5:20 PM Post #112 of 133
Yes, I meant the CanJam in Florida.

Just a recommendation, you guys can have the meet whenever, you can even have it in the first week of May, but anyone going to CanJam from SoCal won't be coming.
wink.gif

Apr 15, 2008 at 8:30 PM Post #114 of 133
Quote:

Originally Posted by Asr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Likewise, anyone going to CanJam from anywhere else won't be going to SoCal. Think of your out-of-town possibilities!
tongue.gif

And think of the manufacturers who'll also be in FLA that weekend.

Apr 16, 2008 at 7:19 PM Post #115 of 133
You need to update this in the first post. I'm too lazy to read through 8 pages to figure out what's going on. But next winter seems an awful long time away. I'd vote for early summer. Maybe when school gets out.

Apr 17, 2008 at 3:28 AM Post #116 of 133
I live in the Palisades and very much want a meet to hear the differences based on different amps, DACs, or headphones. Whenever's good with me, but late June might be best.

Apr 21, 2008 at 4:03 AM Post #117 of 133
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hunted Charlie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I live in the Palisades

LOL and completely off topic, but I know I've been spending to much time getting ready for hiking season when I first read your post and thought of a region of the High Sierra, rather than the area where you actually live. What's crazy is I actually had to think for a second before I realized my error.

Now back to your regularly scheduled meet planning thread!
biggrin.gif

Apr 21, 2008 at 6:29 AM Post #118 of 133
yeah iron_dreamer, I don't see people hiking much in those palisades. pity because I'm sure it used to be scenic :wink:

those who are hoping for an anteater minimeet, let me know via PM - now that taxes are out of the way and my pico is here, I'm up for it!

Jun 16, 2008 at 3:52 AM Post #120 of 133
It's usually too hot to host it at my condo's clubhouse, so mid to late summer would be out, since there is no AC there. Ironically, we could've done it easily in early June since it's been quite cool here so far, go figure.

I'm willing to bet it'd going to get hella hot in July and August, with cool waves in between.

-Ed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back