SoCal meet? Anyone interested?
Jan 30, 2008 at 2:35 AM Post #76 of 133
would anyone be down for a mini meet? i don't think i could throw a full meet or what i think a full meet is. i've never put one together and i've never been to one. I asked one of my roommates how many people could fit comfortably in the living room with equipment and he said about 10. i'm sure more could come if they didn't have equipment but maybe 5 at the most and with people we could always spill over onto the patio.

i've been wanting to listen to some new gear cause i want to change/upgrade some of my gear but i'm lost in the sea of gear you can buy. i would love to put this together for sometime in the next few weeks, maybe a saturday?

i currently have a set of hd 650(stock) and sr325 (not i, stock) and a bottlehead s.e.x amp(upgraded) and a headamp gs-1 amp(stock). so i'm looking for anything different from those.

Feb 5, 2008 at 8:06 AM Post #80 of 133
I'd consider it. What date are we planning for? My bday is the 5th so that would be a fun event. I might have to attend this one if I am available
smily_headphones1.gif
If you need any design or marketing promotion, let me know.

If I did go, I'd bring all my equipment which I guess means my computer, too.

What I would like others to bring if possible, so that I may test them out on my system:

1) Power conditioners
(preferably ones by Shunyata, Audience, API, and PS Audio -- and a Belkin PureAV PF60)
2) Interconnects and power cords
3) A very good single-ended discrete amp
4) A few good DACs
5) Cambridge Audio Azur 840c
6) Ultrasone Edition 9, R10, Assorted high-end open and closed cans by Sennheiser and AT

I'd bring:

HOME SYSTEM:
1) Denon D5000 and AT-HPS500 Headphone Stand
2) Meier Audio Corda Opera
3) Computer with ESI Juli@
4) Virtual Dynamics Power 3, Cobalt Cable Ultimate Power
5) Virtual Dynamics Master LE 2.0 Digital Interconnect, Cobalt Cable Ultimate Digital Coax
6) Cobalt Cable Ultimate Audio Interconnect Pair
7) API PowerWedge I Power Conditioner

PORTABLE:
1) iPod Classic 80gig
2) Qables 15" Silvercab LOD
3) Go-Vibe V7 Max Extra

Feb 6, 2008 at 8:02 AM Post #81 of 133
i'd love to do it the first saturday of march which is the 1st. as of right now i could technically do it any saturday but i though giving people a monthish notice would be enough. maybe i should start a new thread?

Feb 6, 2008 at 8:52 AM Post #83 of 133
I would love to go to one.

Feb 7, 2008 at 5:33 AM Post #84 of 133
Well, looks like we really don't have a large venue. My condo's clubhouse can be rented out. I think it's like $40 or so for the rental fee, another $40 for deposit. I think that depends on how many people will be there. I think the pricing tier is like up to 15-20 people and then more money for above the 15-20 mark.

Either way the Clubhouse can comfortably house about 20 people. There are a few caveats, though.

1. Parking.
Parking is very limited and sucks. Only a handful of guest parking spots, so everyone should carpool as much as possible. I'd say those with a lot of heavy equipment should have dibs here. There is street parking, but it's a little bit of a walk (not too bad).

2. Noise.
Very large open room with high ceiling. It'll be echo city. So it wouldn't be the best for quiet auditioning.

3. Tables.
I have a small folding table I can lug over from my condo, but there aren't a lot there. Seating should be OK, there are a few couches, and a good deal of folding chairs there. There is a second room with pool tables that we might be able to take over, but I'm not sure about that.

4. Security.
We will need to be careful here. I don't trust the local kids here. There has been issues, so I can and won't leave anything to chance. We will have nametags, and have to have a volunteer security crew (and everyone else should keep an eye out.). So if you have portable gear, don't leave it out of your sight for long. Either way, anyone without a nametag gets booted, no exceptions. We will have a check in table.

Depending on the the schedule, it could happen. Depends if the clubhouse is booked or not for the first weekend of March. Since we can't leave equipment in the clubhouse overnight, it will likely be a one day event. And should wrap up by 10pm at the latest according to the rules.

-Ed

Feb 7, 2008 at 6:48 AM Post #88 of 133
Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron_Dreamer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, and look at what we got you started on!
biggrin.gif

LOL, no kidding. If I host, you have to come, Blubliss! We'll help you carry and unload your hella heavy stuff. There's parking right in front of the clubhouse, but there are a few stairs involved.

-Ed

Feb 7, 2008 at 6:50 AM Post #89 of 133
Anyways, I don't want to butt in on Departure's hosting. If you would like to host, go for it. If the estimated turn out gets too big for your place, we can go for the clubhouse option. (btw, it's not that nice of a clubhouse, we're not talking about a country club here.)

-Ed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back