SoCal meet? Anyone interested?
Jun 19, 2008 at 6:23 PM Post #121 of 133
I'm new to these forums but have heard much about the group from my Bay Area friend. He has focused my attention mostly on topics involving his equipment, funny pictures and of course, So Cal meets.

I've recently gotten into headphones because of my inability to get the living room away from the kids. So I thought now was a good time to join the fray on this forum.

At some point, I can host a mini-meet. I live in the east end of the Valley. The house does have central air.

Jun 19, 2008 at 9:54 PM Post #122 of 133
I am up for a mini meet, I can't host, but I can bring a ppav1.1 and musical fidelity x-can v2 moddded with pink floyd upgrades and a headphonia portable amp, k701,dt770 and sr60.

Jun 19, 2008 at 11:24 PM Post #123 of 133
That Bay area friend would be me. Welcome to the Forum Ganga. He is a good guy and a long time friend.

It seems like you have a lot of people down there ganga. I would just pick a date and say how many people you can have (make sure you have power and tables). And start taking names. Take a look at some other other gathings as an example.

Cheers,

Jun 20, 2008 at 6:54 PM Post #125 of 133
I've checked a little through the calendar and I should be able to work in a weekend in the second half of July or early August. Suggestions?

I would think that I could reasonably host six guests with their equipment.

Jun 26, 2008 at 3:23 PM Post #127 of 133
Hi guys, I just wanted you to know that I'll be in LA Aug 24th for the LA/OC Audiophile Society Meet, and you're invited to come and bring gear to show off to all the more traditional audiophiles.

I have a thread in the HeadRoom forum here, please let me know if you're planning on attending there.

Here's the official announcement page.

Hope to see you then.

Jun 26, 2008 at 11:40 PM Post #130 of 133
Ok, with a few exceptions, the San Fernando Valley is all Los Angeles. I'm near the junction of the 118 and 210 Freeways. Generally speaking, it is pretty easy to get there on a Saturday.

My suggestion is to set this up for the last Saturday in July. If this works for at least a couple of people, it's a go. I've cleared it with the wife.

Jun 30, 2008 at 4:08 AM Post #131 of 133
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyll Hertsens /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi guys, I just wanted you to know that I'll be in LA Aug 24th for the LA/OC Audiophile Society Meet, and you're invited to come and bring gear to show off to all the more traditional audiophiles.

I have a thread in the HeadRoom forum here, please let me know if you're planning on attending there.

Here's the official announcement page.

Hope to see you then.

Tyll did an awesome job last year at this event. He wowed the speaker geeks, of which I am one, and made a few headphone converts I am sure. Besides the range of great Headroom gear there was some real nice gear from fellow HeadFiers in attendance. If you can make this at all you must be there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back