so... who saw Kill Bill Vol. 2 tonite?
Apr 19, 2004 at 1:58 AM Post #46 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by dabeststax
Oh yeah, I forgot, watching old movies and taking scenes from them is the height of creativity....

He does it carefully too, wow, impressive. You know, when I wipe my anus after taking a dump I do it carefully.

See my post above, re: chill. Before you get mod-slapped again, that is...

Apr 19, 2004 at 2:07 AM Post #47 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by dabeststax
Oh yeah, I forgot, watching old movies and taking scenes from them is the height of creativity....

He does it carefully too, wow, impressive. You know, when I wipe my anus after taking a dump I do it carefully.

...are you still posting in my thread?

Apr 19, 2004 at 10:10 AM Post #50 of 61
Quote:

i think tarantino fans that were disappointed by the first, may really enjoy the second. the second is nowhere near as fast or gory as the first. it is a lot more like jackie browne or pulp fiction in my opinion. all of the main characters are given more depth and the plotline carries more emotion. however, do not start thinking that it isn't a film without violence.

Sweet. I picked up this vibe from early reviews. Simply: more dialogue, less action. I don't think you have to be a Michaelangelo to direct an action sequence (abeit some do it better than others), but great dialogue is an art form and with "Reservoir Dogs" and "Pulp Fiction" Tarantino immediately established himself as a fantastic writer. Glad it sounds like this part of the film emphasises that more. Can't wait to see it. BTW I bought "Part "I on DVD and, except for the teahouse/bar/choppysocky/Busby Berkley slaughterfest, I still contend I'm underwhelmed by that half of the movie.

Apr 19, 2004 at 10:51 AM Post #51 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by grinch
acronyms must die! it should be kb:v2 anyway.
wink.gif

that would be abbreviation then, yes?

i've not seen 2 yet, but 1 was a classic, but imo not as good as Pulp Fiction (thought possibly as good as Resevoir Dogs). they've very different films, and different audiences will be attracted to them. calling Tarantino crap is entirely untrue though imo. he's certainly one of my favourite directors; his films are in an older style where the story is just as important as the effects.

for me he should write/direct a serious film, just to prove everyone who doesn't like him wrong. Speilberg was accused in the 80s of only making sci-fi type films, and he came up with Schindler's List. that is a classic film, but more than that he proved he could direct those sorts of films just as well as films like Jaws or E.T.

Apr 27, 2004 at 4:22 AM Post #52 of 61
Just saw this last night. I agree with most of the positive sentiments displayed in the comments above (troll aside). Best dialogue bit for me was Bill's understatement of the century.

Anyhow, I was wondering if there were any differences between the Japanese version of this movie and the American version? I know that in Kill Bill Vol. 1 the O-ren Ishii scene was shown in full color in Japan and black and white in the States. I read an interview with Tarantino somewhere that the Japanese version of Kill Bill Vol. 2 was different from the US release... but I can't remember where I read that. From what I gather about posts on this film at IMDB, there isn't much difference at all.

One note: If you ever watch an American movie in Japan that has dialogue-based or more subtle humor in it, you will be the only one laughing in a theatre filled with Japanese natives. This will in turn draw strange looks and glances, especially if you yourself appear to be a Japanese native yourself.

Apr 27, 2004 at 4:37 AM Post #53 of 61
I enjoyed this one a lot more than the first one. I went to see it with a less cynical friend, and it just seemed a lot funnier, probably like it was supposed to be. The first one just didn't strike me as being spoofy rather than being crappy. This one did, most likely because of my different friend's presence. Still, the dialogue is complete crap considering he's copying crap dialogue. But I was able to accept it for what it was this time.

Apr 27, 2004 at 6:25 AM Post #54 of 61
Gonna sneak out at lunch time and watch it a 2nd time tomorrow. I wanna hear pei mai dissing uma again. That was some funny ****.

Although the Bud + Elle + The Bride + Trailor scene was good, I the Origin of O-Ren Ishii from Vol.1 is still my fav chapter.

And guys, ignore the troll, stop feeding him. Jealousy is thick w/ this one.

Apr 27, 2004 at 8:55 AM Post #55 of 61
I watched an interview with Tarantino where he explained why Vol. 1 had more action versus Vol. 2 having more dialogue with also more character depth. In the first one we learned somewhat about the backgrounds behind the people Uma wanted to kill. In the second one we learned more in depth about where the main characters where coming from, which of course was more thoroughly explained than what we saw with the villians' background.

Tarantino conveyed his reasoning very plainly by saying something along the lines of Vol. 1 simply being about "achieving revenge" and what had to be done in order to do so, whereas Vol. 2 would tell us more in depth about why "The Black Mamba" wanted revenge including the events that led up to her choosing the path of revenge.

Edit: Just completed my thousandth rant. YAY! Hooray! Yahooo! Yipiddydoda! This is so exciting<sarcasm>
plainface.gif

I'm officially doomed to rome this website for eternity.

Jan 7, 2007 at 9:38 AM Post #57 of 61
Opps, old thread. I thought maybe you meant on AMC (or was it TMC) that showed the two together tonight. Well, I've never seen PT2 until now and I have to say it basically left the same bad taste in my mouth as PT1. I felt like I'd just thumbed through a greasy copy of a manga or Monsters of Hollywood. It really shoots for the low brow with a vengeance - and succeeds unadmirably. I see in this old thread that I previously wrote the Oh Ren section was the only good part. I have to say again that for me that segment is the only moment that escapes tawdryness or cheesiness that permeates both halves of Tarantino's homage to junk.

Jan 7, 2007 at 10:02 AM Post #58 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by chadbang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Opps, old thread. I thought maybe you meant on AMC (or was it TMC) that showed the two together tonight. Well, I've never seen PT2 until now and I have to say it basically left the same bad taste in my mouth as PT1. I felt like I'd just thumbed through a greasy copy of a manga or Monsters of Hollywood. It really shoots for the low brow with a vengeance - and succeeds unadmirably. I see in this old thread that I previously wrote the Oh Ren section was the only good part. I have to say again that for me that segment is the only moment that escapes tawdryness or cheesiness that permeates both halves of Tarantino's homage to junk.

Why would you possibly watch either if you aren't a fan of the genres? It's not like tarantino has a reputation for making chick flicks.

Jan 7, 2007 at 3:42 PM Post #60 of 61
I saw KB2 only and the funny part was during the closing credits they showed parts of KB1 and I figure I must have passed out for a while since I didn’t remember any of the scenes.

Just wait until KB3 is released.

Mitch

Users who are viewing this thread

Back