so... who saw Kill Bill Vol. 2 tonite?
Apr 17, 2004 at 4:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 61

Gopher

Member of the Trade: LampizatOr Audio
More importantly: how the hell was it?!?! I was supposed to catch it tonite (right now actually) but my buddies are all too intoxicated to take out in public.

Does it live up to the first?

Apr 17, 2004 at 4:14 AM Post #2 of 61
I'm not going to fight the crowds so I'm not going to watch it yet.

But um, don't you have to watch it anyway? Because the story isn't over yet haha.

Apr 17, 2004 at 4:27 AM Post #4 of 61
Quote:

Originally posted by dabeststax
Tarantino is an idiot too. (thats free)

Why do you say that? I think his films are amazing..... Their art really. Have you seen his movies? I haven't seen Vol.2 yet but I'll probably go tomorrow.

JV.

Apr 17, 2004 at 4:28 AM Post #5 of 61
Oh man, you just can't escape movie bashing trolls...

I'm gonna catch the matinee showing tomorrow morning while everyone's still sleeping and the ticket's cheaper. Night shows are sooo damn expensive.

Apr 17, 2004 at 4:34 AM Post #6 of 61
Tarantino is the most overrated director I know of. His films are such shock value tripe.

He seems to think that blood and suffering and gore are some kind of movie miracle. Not to mention people screwing each other in the a**. Oh wow, so shocking, what a movie miracle, congrats to tarantino, man what a director, wow. The a** screwing obviously takes a creative mind. I mean really, who can deny his directorial power now???

Apr 17, 2004 at 4:54 AM Post #7 of 61
right... so you didn't see the movie?

OK, your input is duely noted.

anyone that has?

Apr 17, 2004 at 4:56 AM Post #8 of 61
Quote:

Originally posted by dabeststax
Tarantino is the most overrated director I know of. His films are such shock value tripe.

He seems to think that blood and suffering and gore are some kind of movie miracle. Not to mention people screwing each other in the a**. Oh wow, so shocking, what a movie miracle, congrats to tarantino, man what a director, wow. The a** screwing obviously takes a creative mind. I mean really, who can deny his directorial power now???

Are you kidding me? How can you say it doesn't take a creative mind to write the script of pulp fiction. Obviously all you were paying attention to was the a** screwing.

Ok
wink.gif

JV.

Apr 17, 2004 at 5:43 AM Post #9 of 61
Not me. Nor did I see part I. Never will either. I have no interest in these R rated movies anymore, and the few I do want to see I'll wait until the plug-in for ClearPlay comes around for the Matrix series, which I will only watch using that or on regular TV.

Apr 17, 2004 at 5:50 AM Post #10 of 61
Saw Kill Bill 2 this afternoon. Awesome movie, the camera work and techniques were quite cool!

Dabeststax, or should I say-- someone else, chill.

Apr 17, 2004 at 6:15 AM Post #11 of 61
Quote:

Originally posted by ServinginEcuador
I have no interest in these R rated movies anymore, and the few I do want to see I'll wait until the plug-in for ClearPlay comes around for the Matrix series, which I will only watch using that or on regular TV.

Tell me you're just j/king. You got more R rated stuff showing on CNN and network TV than the movies. You might as well sell that TV. The media, especially cable news networks, is turning the society into a overly sensitive pleasantville.

Apr 17, 2004 at 6:25 AM Post #12 of 61
just saw kill bill 2... saw 1 for the first time tonight as well [missed it in theatre]

I enjoyed 2 quite a bit more... it was more quirky and fun and less weird and bloody

and its more like 2 people dying as opposed to 122
wink.gif

quite different movies, both good... one of my friends that went to see it preffered the first one... to each his own

oh... and david carradine is such a jackass... but I suppose he worked well in this part
tongue.gif

Apr 17, 2004 at 6:29 AM Post #13 of 61
Quote:

Originally posted by philodox

oh... and david carradine is such a jackass... but I suppose he worked well in this part
tongue.gif

No kidding
wink.gif

He made an excellent Bill, though I had difficulty seeing him actually feeling love for someone.

Apr 17, 2004 at 6:42 AM Post #14 of 61
Just out of curiousity Doug, did you see The Passion? I should go see it but for some reason I just haven't. Maybe I'll get it on dvd when it comes out instead.

I haven't seen Kill Bill 2 but probably will. I hated the first one though. It was my first Tarantino movie and it disappointed. The dialog was especially cruddy.

Apr 17, 2004 at 8:35 AM Post #15 of 61
i think tarantino fans that were disappointed by the first, may really enjoy the second. the second is nowhere near as fast or gory as the first. it is a lot more like jackie browne or pulp fiction in my opinion. all of the main characters are given more depth and the plotline carries more emotion. however, do not start thinking that it isn't a film without violence.

personally, i walked out of the theatre feeling like i had just seen one of the more complete works ever made. it isn't as slap me in the face awesome as volume 1, but it definitely has a place in movie history as far as i'm concerned.

one thing i think most people don't realize, that unlike many consumer-level directors, tarantino put every scene and piece of dialogue there for a reason. over half of the movie is allusions to other films, most of which he did not have any part of. i think that his movies are pointed towards the elite film buff rather than the normal movie-goer, but i think both can enjoy them.

cool stuff that i picked out:
1. the "a****** on my elbow" dialogue looks like a nod to his former film compadre roger avary's work 'the rules of attaction.'
2. samuel l. jackson's cameo as the organ player
3. the insane filming technique used during the pai mei sequence is _done on purpose_. check out some older shaw brothers films if you don't believe me. my theory is that the purposefully grainy and overexposed and overcontrasted look of the whole scene is to give it that worn out vhs cassette look.
4. lana turner _is_ unbelievably gorgeous in 'the postman always rings twice' even if i'm not sure you can tell that she's blonde, since the movie is in black and white heh.
5. the clown guy from house of a thousand corpses plays a bartender of a crappy strip joint. dunno, i just think he's cool heh.
6. the little girl wants to watch "shogun assassin" which is known to be a work tarantino heavily relied on during the making. i still haven't yet seen it though.

eh, i'll shutup now. great movie and don't be an idiot and go see it without having first seen the original.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back