so... who saw Kill Bill Vol. 2 tonite?
Apr 17, 2004 at 9:19 AM Post #16 of 61
so at 5:00PM I started watching Kill Bill on a DVD one of my friends rented... then I finished it around 6:50PM (short dinner while the movie was on)... then I ran to the theater in like 15 minutes... and started watching Kill Bill 2 at 7:30PM.

both times were the first times watching it, figured I should watch the first one before seeing the second, but didn't figure that out until basically around 5:00PM yesterday (~2AM right now).

Apr 17, 2004 at 3:49 PM Post #18 of 61
Quote:

Originally posted by Lil_JV
Are you kidding me? How can you say it doesn't take a creative mind to write the script of pulp fiction. Obviously all you were paying attention to was the a** screwing.

Ok
wink.gif

JV.

The thing is, there is creative, and then there is, pulling random stuff out of your anus. Tarantino falls into the latter category.

Too bad, hes actually a decent cinematographer.

Apr 17, 2004 at 5:13 PM Post #19 of 61
People who are criticizing Tarentino are, in short, nuts. Kill Bill 2 was spectacular. Now, I really enjoyed the first flick, but to me, it was just a very "fun" movie. Not terribly deep or entertaining, but fun action, and a damn beautiful movie--his blending of different movie styles was amazing.

Kill Bill 2, on the other hand, was Tarentino at his finest. The references to classic films he made were very well tied in, and I loved how he incorporated so many plot elements so well. Especially loved the dual between Elle and The Bride. Also, Tarentino put so much detail into everything, he was such a perfectionist--even the credits were amazingly well done.

Oh, and the allegations that Tarentino just pulls plot elements out of his ass? Ridiculous. He very carefully interweaves so many homages to old movies, and so many bits of creative genius.

Apr 17, 2004 at 6:14 PM Post #21 of 61
Quote:

Originally posted by Stoner
Tell me you're just j/king. You got more R rated stuff showing on CNN and network TV than the movies. You might as well sell that TV. The media, especially cable news networks, is turning the society into a overly sensitive pleasantville.

Don't own a TV, don't own cable, and the wife and I only own DVDs of our choosing. Pleasantville it is, at least for us. We watch some TV every now and again, but it's mainly stuff like The Discovery or Learning Channel, news, etc. We don't force others to conform to our choice, nor do we criticize. We made a choice, and that's that.

Apr 17, 2004 at 7:12 PM Post #23 of 61
Quote:

Originally posted by ServinginEcuador
Don't own a TV, don't own cable, and the wife and I only own DVDs of our choosing. Pleasantville it is, at least for us. We watch some TV every now and again, but it's mainly stuff like The Discovery or Learning Channel, news, etc.

Well, you're doing something right
smily_headphones1.gif

(speaking as someone who hasn't watched regular TV since 7th grade or so, and hasn't watched any TV at all in over a year...)

The vast majority of TV is a waste of time, or worse.

Apr 17, 2004 at 7:17 PM Post #24 of 61
Quote:

Originally posted by eric343
The vast majority of TV is a waste of time, or worse.

Agreed. I already waste enough time here, I can't afford two distractions.
tongue.gif

Apr 17, 2004 at 7:24 PM Post #25 of 61
I saw the movie last night... The plot is not very deep, but there are some great action sequences mixed in with some great humor. They introduce a few new characters and a few plot twists that really make it better than the first one. If you liked KB1, then you'll like KB2. Its a good action movie with some slight comedy. Highly reccommended!

Apr 17, 2004 at 10:33 PM Post #26 of 61
Quote:

Originally posted by ServinginEcuador
Don't own a TV, don't own cable, and the wife and I only own DVDs of our choosing. Pleasantville it is, at least for us.

Haven't you ever realized that Pleasantville is an allegory against Christianity? Hint: Don Knotts is "God."

i keep thinking about volume 2 and i definitely need to pick up the soundtrack today. maybe i'll even go see it again.
biggrin.gif

Apr 18, 2004 at 12:44 AM Post #27 of 61
Rented Volume 1 last night, loved it!
One of the most unusual movies I had ever seen.

Going to see Vol 2 tomorrow.

Big fan. Pulp Fiction is one of my all time favorite movies.

Apr 18, 2004 at 5:34 AM Post #28 of 61
I saw Kill Bill this afternoon at 12:05...

... and then this evening at 7:05
tongue.gif

freaking amazing! The pair is easily in my top 20 flicks! A+

Apr 18, 2004 at 6:04 AM Post #29 of 61
I saw Vol 2 last night and was amazed at how different it was from the first, which I loved! More plot, more character depth. It had everything the first had, and a little more (accept fighting).

The people who don't like Q.T. or the type of genres his films cross, shouldn't go see this movie. If you are that type of person, and saw Vol 2 anyways, then that's your own fault. In other words, don't go see a movie you know you won't like
rolleyes.gif

The movie was freakin awesome on so many levels.
-Martial Arts
-Camera work
-Dialouge
-Characters
-References to Spegheti Westerns
-Music
-70's style
-Culture
And there are many, MANY more!!!
Go see it if you liked the first
biggrin.gif

Apr 18, 2004 at 6:20 AM Post #30 of 61
Saw it last night at 7 pm.

Easily one of the best movies I've seen to date. This had more plot, slightly less action, but the action here is still better than anything I'd seen. The brutality of the fight scenes is a nice welcome to the sterile fight sequences I had to sit through with the last two matrix's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back