So whats wrong with Skullcandy?
Jan 11, 2009 at 11:09 PM Post #31 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by fraseyboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I bet 80% of the people in this thread haven't even heard Skullcandy before.

Alas, I actually have.

And it's unfortunate that I cannot take that back.

Jan 11, 2009 at 11:34 PM Post #33 of 46
how can they be bad? one even has a beer-opener on top!

Jan 11, 2009 at 11:49 PM Post #34 of 46
I bought a pair of Skullcandy Smokin' Buds IEMs as an emergency replacement when my UEs broke. I listened to them for a few months and finally decided to get something different (I listen to talk radio with these, you wouldn't think there would be a need for something fancy, right?).

I bought the JVC Air Cushion IEMs which blew away the Skullcandies into tiny little bits and pieces, even with talk radio. The MP3 sound was incredible.

The price was the same, $30 for either JVC or Skullcandy. It pays to check the headphone forums for suggestions.

Jan 12, 2009 at 12:05 AM Post #35 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by paaj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
how can they be bad? one even has a beer-opener on top!

WHICH ONE!?

OH GOD MY WALLET

Jan 12, 2009 at 12:28 AM Post #37 of 46
Quote:

Why do people make statements like "I bet you haven't heard a skullcandy/Boss before" when these phones are everywhere and you'll struggle to find people who hadn't heard them before?

Jan 12, 2009 at 12:29 AM Post #38 of 46
SQ isn't the best.
The IEMs are very, very dark.
They are marketed to "teens" by having unique styles that catch your eye.

They are over priced.
OMG I KNOW

Skullcandy is the BOSE for younger minds.

^EPIC EPIPHANY

Jan 12, 2009 at 1:52 AM Post #39 of 46
Quote:

There are many more than 5.

Hip-Hop != Tasteful.

Wow fras. Two ignorant statements in one post. Having an off day?

Anyway hip-hop wise, you're like some contemporary RnB then as that does fall under Hip-Hop e.g. Mary J Blige, Macy Gray, Ashanti, India Arie, (old) Destiny's Child

Rap:

Lyrics/rhymes: Organized Konfusion (crazy lyrics...every song)

Beats: Public Enemy

Jan 12, 2009 at 1:57 AM Post #41 of 46
I came from a pair of G.I's. I now use Sennheiser HD555's and there is no way in hell I would ever go back, ever. Not even if you payed me $1,000,000.

The G.I's are VERY uncomfortable and lack in every single way. They sound way too deep. I've had my 555's for only one day and I compared the two. After 6 hours of the 555 on my head I couldn't even wear the G.I's because they were SO painfully uncomfortable.

Jan 12, 2009 at 4:38 AM Post #42 of 46
last teen! no more oh head-fi...its a pity. when i wanted nice looking headphones, i bought ES7's.

Quote:

Partially true. You dive into the enthusiast world of ____ and wonder how anybody got by without knowing and doing what you now know and do. So you feel you must enlighten everyone on the great points of your hobby or hobbies, so that they may both feed your want for an upgrade and so you feel like you did them a big favor. Sometimes you do them that favor--introducing them to something better and they really enjoy it. Other times you save them money--they'll be happy to give you a stipend so long as you helped them save two.

I know how you feel. I've been trying to get my friend to get better headphones. He got skullcandies, then I facepalmed. For some reason, he got a more enthusiastic reaction to his skullcandies than i got for my ES7's. Pity. I'll listen to them later, if i dare.

Quote:

I bought the JVC Air Cushion IEMs which blew away the Skullcandies into tiny little bits and pieces, even with talk radio. The MP3 sound was incredible.

really? I cant really listen to them anymore. they were good for the price though.

Jan 12, 2009 at 5:22 AM Post #43 of 46
15 here! Wildcard teen member!

I can say from experience that Skullcandy makes awful products. Here is my Skullcrappy collection, so you can see that I actually know what I'm talking about:
-Recruit
-Ink'd (worse than iBuds!)
-Smokin' Buds
-Full Metal Jacket (the left filter popped off, and they sounded bad to begin with!)

Now I'm more than happy with my JVC HA-RX700 (home use), and the stock IEMs that came with my S639F blow away the FMJs.

I'd say Skullcandy marks their prices up about 2-6 times on average from the actual worth of the product.

Jan 12, 2009 at 5:29 AM Post #44 of 46
Quote:

I keep a number of my reference discs on my iPhone. Whenever I run across a headphone display, I jack in and listen.

Skullcandy headphones are awful.

Jan 12, 2009 at 5:58 AM Post #45 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by Crackerman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
We're all jealous that most people are satisfied with average sounding cheap headphones plugged into an iPod filled with music ripped at 190kps, so we rail against the cheap stuff with bitter gusto.

frown.gif

Well said sir, Well said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back