So whats wrong with Skullcandy?
Jan 11, 2009 at 8:30 PM Post #16 of 46
Partially true. You dive into the enthusiast world of ____ and wonder how anybody got by without knowing and doing what you now know and do. So you feel you must enlighten everyone on the great points of your hobby or hobbies, so that they may both feed your want for an upgrade and so you feel like you did them a big favor. Sometimes you do them that favor--introducing them to something better and they really enjoy it. Other times you save them money--they'll be happy to give you a stipend so long as you helped them save two.

Jan 11, 2009 at 8:33 PM Post #17 of 46
haven't heard, but come on! you can see where the main attention of manufacture went... you can see the price... if they were audiophile units AND fashion train wreck, they'd cost more. & they'd get more discussion here.

they're like 'mountain bikes' that cost £100+ vs something £1000+. one is a cheap imitation of something serious.

Jan 11, 2009 at 8:35 PM Post #18 of 46
1. Dollar store headphones
2.Glue and glitter
3.???
4.Profit!

Jan 11, 2009 at 8:36 PM Post #19 of 46
They're fart machines. If you ever go to their site and, read the descriptions. They say that Skullcandy makes the best headphones (lies!) and their related products aren't related at all. Just colorful pieces of crap, good for the teens who could give a ! about SQ because they're too busy smoking.

Jan 11, 2009 at 8:38 PM Post #20 of 46
Skull candy is simply a group of genius entranprenuers that figure a way to name and bling up a bunch of cheap headgear and market it for the hip/hip generation. Plain Simple. and exclusive of Head.fi'ers I'll go out on a limb here and say,probably the best "selling" overall IEMs out there. regardless of thier medeocre sound

Jan 11, 2009 at 9:05 PM Post #21 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by cegras /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Skullcandy is more of a fashion statement. Just carefully observe what kind of people use them ..

You don't have to be that careful, most of the time they're brandished as close to your eyes as Mr. 13 year old can get them!

Jan 11, 2009 at 9:13 PM Post #22 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by Samjones /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You don't have to be that careful, most of the time they're brandished as close to your eyes as Mr. 13 year old can get them!

Probably why there's only 5 teens on Head-Fi, one of them being me. Yes, I like Hip-Hop too, like most teens, except I prefer tasteful music, like Kanye West, which requires LOADS of bass, like the DT770's. My friend has some tan SkullCrushers. They look like crap.

Jan 11, 2009 at 9:15 PM Post #23 of 46
I'm going to chime in here and say this:

Skullcandy does not take itself seriously when it comes to audio quality. They are, and I quote from a Skullcandy Rep: "All about the fashion". They are about making a statement with your headphones. The sound they produce are on-par with the majority of their target audience who wants over-exaggerated bass with little refinement.

While yes, they do sound poor for the money, a good part of their appeal is the look they produce.

Nylan

PS: I work in retail and we sell Skullcandy. We had a sales training session with the rep. If anyone has any questions about the experience, either ask in this thread or just PM me.

Jan 11, 2009 at 9:16 PM Post #24 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by Benaiir /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Probably why there's only 5 teens on Head-Fi, one of them being me. Yes, I like Hip-Hop too, like most teens, except I prefer tasteful music, like Kanye West, which requires LOADS of bass, like the DT770's. My friend has some tan SkullCrushers. They look like crap.

I'm 17! 3 more left out there..

heh whats the point in skull candy headphones that LOOK crap, thats supposedly their only redeeming feature.

Jan 11, 2009 at 9:32 PM Post #25 of 46
I am being robbed just by visiting their site and putting this here. This site is a joke!

Look more reasons to make you realize that everything is wrong with skullcandy:

LMAO "Ian said it best: Sometimes, good guys don't wear white. We designed more than a dozen colors of Lowrider — in addition to white — to avoid even the appearance of evil. So be good. Hang on. Get LOW."

OMG
confused.gif
If you check their site you have free laughs there, if they see you at work checking their site they will fire you. Be warned

Jan 11, 2009 at 9:43 PM Post #26 of 46
Another teen here, 2 more still out there! Saw a bunch of people at school with Skullcandy's. Cant understand why they buy them, they look and feel like a piece of crap and sound worse than anything else Ive listened to. Now Im impatiently waiting for my ATH-AD700 so I can pwn their ears off.
k701smile.gif

Jan 11, 2009 at 10:58 PM Post #28 of 46
14 here! Looks like one other out there...

I unwittingly bought a pair of Skullcrushers for like, half off at f.y.e before I even knew the term audiophile. )=

Also, first post! I think I feel bad for my wallet already...

Jan 11, 2009 at 11:01 PM Post #29 of 46
They're bassy, scratchy nonsense. They sound awful and break quickly, which I guess is a small mercy.

My theory on this is that the plastic simply can't contain more than 90% pink without losing structural integrity.

Jan 11, 2009 at 11:07 PM Post #30 of 46
I bet 80% of the people in this thread haven't even heard Skullcandy before.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benaiir /img/forum/go_quote.gif

There are many more than 5.

Hip-Hop != Tasteful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back