So whats wrong with Skullcandy?
Jan 11, 2009 at 5:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 46

Nocturnal310

Headphoneus Supremus
Bose i understand..i have heard all their headphones.

but whats the sound of skullcandy like?

i mean..as audio enthusiast..one should know how bad something can sound rite?

educate me pls

Jan 11, 2009 at 6:15 PM Post #2 of 46
It's hard for me to say how bad they are because I have only just recently gotten a pair of Grados and I am in the process of building my first amp. I have a set of Skullcandy earbuds and they aren't bad. They aren't fantastic but for a $15-20 pair of buds they do the job and they are pretty comfortable. They actually have some bass response and they aren't too harsh.

Jan 11, 2009 at 6:29 PM Post #4 of 46
they just sound like average, cheap headphones. Look. This stuff is bought by the same people who just put huge megawoofers in their car (AND NOTHING ELSE MIND YOU) because they "care about their music".

Jan 11, 2009 at 6:51 PM Post #6 of 46
They are just terrible. Just go listen to a pair and you'll understand.

Jan 11, 2009 at 6:58 PM Post #7 of 46
Well before I start complaining about them I have to say i haven't tried them nor I will in my whole life (unless it is a present from someone, that i will put a nice face like "hey thanks
smily_headphones1.gif
")

Ok to start with the headphones colors will surely get you bullied because they are really horrendous. Second but most important of all, they are extremely overpriced, as you can get better sounding headphones for less money, but as they are focused towards teens it is even worse, as they make their parents waste money on something another cheaper set could do. EDIT: I have read some reviews via google and SQ is not their best quality ^^

Aside from my complaints i can understand kids buying them, because they are very colorful, they are very bassy (and that is what they like), and they are better than the ibuds. I don't expect a 12 year kid asking for a pair of grados (maybe igrados, but not other ones).

Creative, senn (as the px100) or Sony make better headphones less overpriced. Oh and for the guy who dislikes plastic (as in the hd800 thread) they are made with very glossy plastic...

Jan 11, 2009 at 8:04 PM Post #12 of 46
Looks, sound, price/quality ratio, ...

Jan 11, 2009 at 8:15 PM Post #13 of 46
We're all jealous that most people are satisfied with average sounding cheap headphones plugged into an iPod filled with music ripped at 190kps, so we rail against the cheap stuff with bitter gusto.

frown.gif

Jan 11, 2009 at 8:20 PM Post #14 of 46
I have a pair of the buds, I only use them to work out. They do at least a decent job keeping the "CLANK!" out. I will add to the list though that they get pretty uncomfortable though, even the buds. The problem is that they have that stupid logo on the silicone and that protrusion itches the inside of your ear.

Jan 11, 2009 at 8:29 PM Post #15 of 46
If looks are an indicator as to how good they will sound, then we should all add a pair to our collections. LOL, these are the ones I'm going with (no biters please)
tongue.gif

Now I gotta take that damn jpg off my computer.
Aloha
atsmile.gif

Headphile808

Users who are viewing this thread

Back