So... What are your portable systems like?
Dec 22, 2008 at 9:28 AM Post #46 of 127
iPod Touch -> audio-technica ATH-ESW10JPN (sometimes via a lil handy PocketAmp v2)

Dec 22, 2008 at 6:00 PM Post #47 of 127
Quote:

Originally Posted by thatwunguy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
for those of you that own the klipsch image, i'm sure you will understand...

I have the large zip-up case that came with my klipsch image x10 and it holds my 2nd gen ipod touch, fiio e5, sansa clip 2g, and klipsch image x10 with extra eargels.

That's my day-to-day carrier.

price: ~$550

Sorry for being off topic, but what do you use the fiio for? Isn't the image good enough out of the dap?
Maybe I'm way off base, but I kinda don't understand the point of a cheap amplifier between a dap and sensitive headphones.

Dec 24, 2008 at 5:59 AM Post #50 of 127
Really all I use is my Iphone 3G + Etymotics ER6i.

I have a pico and I could certainly see using it in plane style situations, but for the most part it sources my work rig in a stationery fashion. This is something it does awesomely.

Dec 24, 2008 at 6:14 AM Post #51 of 127
ipod nano and shure e2c earbuds here. I must say, they were my first foray into decent sound, and they are still the best 60 dollars i've invested in my sound.

Dec 24, 2008 at 6:34 AM Post #52 of 127
I don't do much portable anymore (Creative Zen Vision M 30 -> Ety 4s)

But at one point I was having fun with:

Creative Zen Vision M ->
Audioquest mini-RCA ->
Audioquest Anaconda RCA's ->
Grado RA1 ->
Grado GS-1000....

The fact that the RCA's cost more than the rest of the rig didn't bother me...
smily_headphones1.gif
It was a bit much to carry around, but it sounded really good...

Now if Rockbox would have ever done a firmware, so I could do FLAC, it would have been better.

Cheers,

Dec 29, 2008 at 9:42 PM Post #53 of 127
My transportable rig is iPod-Stax SRM-X Pro-Omega II. I need to make up a battery supply for the amp, since I don't have the battery pack Stax originally made for it (nor would I expect that battery to still be functional). The rig works. When I need true portability, I use the UE10 Pro straight out of the iPod.

Dec 29, 2008 at 11:42 PM Post #54 of 127
Imod/alo cryo x au/ag lod/iQube headamp/UE-11s

But as of today its the UE-11s straight out of my gfs ipod.

Sold my portable rig, becuase money is tight after a deposit on the BHSE and purchasing the O2s.

Still very enjoyable. The UE-11s are quite amazing.

Dec 29, 2008 at 11:52 PM Post #55 of 127
I use my UE-11's straight out the ipod....nothing else is necessary. Now, they do sound better with a very good amp, but they are so complete. The sound is very high end right out of the ipod. I haven't bought any other portable equipment since I purchased them one year ago.

Jan 4, 2009 at 4:11 PM Post #58 of 127
Generally I like my iRiver>Hornet>Shure EC4 because it isolates noise and the tone is good. My favorite on the road headphone is the Ultrasone iCan which is kinda like the Koss75 but more refined.

Jan 4, 2009 at 4:49 PM Post #59 of 127
{ Sansa Fuse with mp3 extreme VBR |
iMod 5.5g with FLAC + TTVJ Portable Millet Hybrid |
Dell Mini 9 with external hard drive using FLAC + { Icon Mobile DAC + TTVJ Portable Millet Hybrid } }
+
{ ATH-ESW9 |
ATH-ESW10JPN }

Users who are viewing this thread

Back