so someone i sold my headphones to just showed up at my house..?
Mar 23, 2006 at 8:52 PM Post #61 of 305
What if he was just in the area for business and was checking you out in case you gave the wrong address or he had a doubt for some reason.

Maybe he was building up the nerve to call you to say I'm just passing your house but was worried you might be a Rickcr42 clone.

If you've ever read some of the threads where someone has reneged on a deal you'll understand the issues from the point of the buyer too.

I don't see what the police would expect to do though? Is it illegal to know someone's address?

But I agree with mbriant this thread is a little one-sided, especially the issue his number suggestion that's going too far based on one side of the situation.

Mar 23, 2006 at 9:08 PM Post #64 of 305
Quote:

Originally Posted by quoteunquote
damn, this guy is lucky he didnt show up at rickcr42's house.

Ok, I am reading your last post now.

I agree, he is lucky that he did not show up at rickcr42's house. Usually event like this will end up in CNN front news next day with a title like "man shot dead for picking up a pair of headphones"

Mar 23, 2006 at 9:27 PM Post #66 of 305
i meant the post before that one, jahjah. and when you use paypal, it gives out your address.

Mar 23, 2006 at 9:30 PM Post #67 of 305
I've traded in person with a few head-fi members and even had them in my house and offered them tea & biscuits.
eek.gif

Obviously if they were nutters I'd not use the good china cups and the posh biscuits.

Mar 23, 2006 at 9:31 PM Post #68 of 305
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zorander
One good reason I don't give away my personal contact details when doing deals.

So you put no return to sender address on your packages? Meaning if the address you were given was wrong, neither of you will be seeing the package..

Biggie.

Mar 23, 2006 at 9:34 PM Post #69 of 305
Quote:

i meant the post before that one, jahjah. and when you use paypal, it gives out your address.

The other person will get your address no matter what right? If you mail the package to his house, your address will appear on the box too. The only way you can mask your address is to get a locker space in Post Office, then your address will be the P.O. Address. I know this works for receiving stuff, not sure about sending though.

Mar 23, 2006 at 9:37 PM Post #70 of 305
Quote:

would i have been wrong to take it to a physical level? i don't think so.

Of course it would be wrong to take it to a physical level. What this guy did was out of line, but you think that because he invaded your comfort zone you can get out rickr42's baseball bat and beat him? How was your safety compromised? Was this guy physically threatening? Doeesn't sound like it, it sounds like he was just really rude and if you had gone outside and hit him you'd be 100% in the wrong.

Mar 23, 2006 at 9:51 PM Post #72 of 305
Totally agree. There is nothing that would indicate physical force would have been justified. Furthermore, he couldn't even get out there and talk to the guy let alone hit the guy. He delayed shipment... the guy probably got annoyed and suspicious and overreacted. The answer would certainly not be to make things worse by overreacting as well. To me that would be far more absurd than what he did.

Quote:

Originally Posted by viator122
Of course it would be wrong to take it to a physical level. What this guy did was out of line, but you think that because he invaded your comfort zone you can get out rickr42's baseball bat and beat him? How was your safety compromised? Was this guy physically threatening? Doeesn't sound like it, it sounds like he was just really rude and if you had gone outside and hit him you'd be 100% in the wrong.

Mar 23, 2006 at 9:52 PM Post #73 of 305
Quote:

Originally Posted by StevieDvd
I've traded in person with a few head-fi members and even had them in my house and offered them tea & biscuits.
eek.gif

Obviously if they were nutters I'd not use the good china cups and the posh biscuits.

I had a guy turn up a few years back, unannounced, who was passing by and wondered if he could see his X-CAN being recapped. No problems at all he knocked at the door and was very polite..... I extended the same politeness back to him and invited him in, nice chap.

Sitting outside in a truck and approaching members of your family sounds a bit odd, if he had come up and rang the doorbell then would you have reacted the same way? Could be he was just "keen" you do get people like that and it's not always correct to assume that they are a nut job. I can appreciate your concern at the manner he approached your house but that's not to say he automatically had any bad intentions, it would have been better if he had phoned first and asked if it was OK to pop in.

Mar 23, 2006 at 9:54 PM Post #74 of 305
National Headfi Meet 2007 looks like its gonna be in arizona
icon10.gif
bring your vigilante spirit

Mar 23, 2006 at 10:03 PM Post #75 of 305
Quote:

Originally Posted by ScubaSteve87
National Headfi Meet 2007 looks like its gonna be in arizona
icon10.gif
bring your vigilante spirit

Head-fi brawl....... for some reason I'm imagining pocket protectors being thrown around and many guys screaming like little girls.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back