so someone i sold my headphones to just showed up at my house..?
Mar 23, 2006 at 6:30 PM Post #18 of 305
i dont have the initial email. he did contact me with the form. i have all the emails after the initial contact. but not the very first.

Mar 23, 2006 at 6:34 PM Post #20 of 305
Quote:

Originally Posted by quoteunquote
he's from Gilbert, AZ

That's quite a ways to drive for a pair of $200 headphones. I guess he probably thought you were going to scam him since he paid you days ago.

Mar 23, 2006 at 6:34 PM Post #21 of 305
before doing any dealings with anyone here i check their feedback on head-fi. if i got a strange email from a lurker with no posts and who won't tell me their username, i ignore them.

Mar 23, 2006 at 6:35 PM Post #22 of 305
If he's that nearby, why didn't you guys agree to meet up some place to begin with?

That's definitely screwed up though, he should have called you and told you he wanted to pick it up from you instead of just showing up.

Mar 23, 2006 at 6:37 PM Post #23 of 305
But they're not that close and not everyone has feedback yet, I made my first purchase on here myself recently, and I consider myself to be honest, some may think I'm a freak I guess... But I'm too lazy to get off my fat can and go anywhere anyway, so I would just send you angry emails if you screwed me and forever curse your name to my grandchildren...
Slade

Mar 23, 2006 at 6:37 PM Post #24 of 305
i would have agreed to meet somewhere. he's not all that close. he flew out here (Santa Monica or something) for reasons unbeknownst to me. decided to make a detour and come to my house.

Mar 23, 2006 at 6:39 PM Post #25 of 305
how did he know who your mom was and where she worked?

Mar 23, 2006 at 6:40 PM Post #26 of 305
he stopped her when she was walking from inside the house to her car. she was leaving for work.

Mar 23, 2006 at 6:41 PM Post #27 of 305
wow thats nuts. I did a deal in person once and all my friends said that I was going to get "head-fi jacked". I'm sure there are so many crazies on this board just looking to pay for headphones and then mug you in person.
rolleyes.gif
But still thats scary. Especially with how far away he lives. And how he sat outside and didn't even call you or knock or whatever? weird

Mar 23, 2006 at 6:42 PM Post #28 of 305
That is no Joke..someone shows up at your house like that. I would of called the police first hand..

If he came to my door step and scared My family..no police would be needed, thats just not something you do..Then again who this is is not normal by any means so...

Watch out man, see if Mbriant or jude can help you Identify this nut case.

Mar 23, 2006 at 6:46 PM Post #29 of 305
it took everything i had to keep from going out there. some sort of assault charges are the last thing i need at this given time. even though he was on my property..sitting in his truck in front of my house. i cannot express the anger he brought out.

Mar 23, 2006 at 6:49 PM Post #30 of 305
Quote:

Originally Posted by quoteunquote
it took everything i had to keep from going out there. some sort of assault charges are the last thing i need at this given time. even though he was on my property..sitting in his truck in front of my house. i cannot express the anger he brought out.

Yeah man, and you never know how things are ruled in a courtroom these days, I feel it's always best to avoid any kind of confrontation...
mad.gif

Slade

Users who are viewing this thread

Back