so someone i sold my headphones to just showed up at my house..?
Mar 23, 2006 at 6:51 PM Post #31 of 305
Fair warning folks.

Any head-fi member that for some reason has my address and shows up at my door uninvited and makes me in the least bit uncomfortable,or any member of my family,you better pack a lunch because it is going to be a long day for you
very_evil_smiley.gif
tongue.gif

Mar 23, 2006 at 6:53 PM Post #32 of 305
i sent an email to jude. i'm almost regretting not being more assertive than i was. i bet he still feels like what he did was completely justified.

Mar 23, 2006 at 6:57 PM Post #33 of 305
someone pm'me to get the history of this can. i forgot who it was(i cleared my pm box) but he said he'll be receiving them in a bit from quoteunquote. so... im guessing that person IS a member of this forum.... not just a random stranger..
rolleyes.gif

Mar 23, 2006 at 6:58 PM Post #34 of 305
i just counted the days on my fingers. FIVE DAYS and the guy comes hunting you down in person?

sorry stalker guy, whoever you are, you jumped the gun and you are a FREAK. if you ever take your little plane ride to NYC and try to muscle me for some goods, i'm going to sic my Shiba on your 'nads.

Mar 23, 2006 at 6:59 PM Post #35 of 305
We know that the buyer was a member of the forum, there wasn't any doubt. The question is what's the person's username.

Mar 23, 2006 at 7:02 PM Post #37 of 305
This just isn't right on any level. We are talking $200 headphones here stalker. (Yes I'm talking to you reading this) There is this thing called patience that one must have when dealing in an online transaction; a trait which you seem to be selective about applying to yourself unless it comes down to sitting in front of a stranger's house for hours on end.

You would have gotten the proper Texas greeting from me if you pulled this crap in my front house. Conceal and carry is a good friend of mine and he's best pal's with my Glock 17.
plainface.gif

Mar 23, 2006 at 7:04 PM Post #38 of 305
That's really, really scary. And just about the last thing I'd expect. If someone pulled that junk with me and I still had the package

(I recently had some shipping troubles with a headphone stand to Australia... it eventually went out but these things happen!)

I wouldn't give the person the cans when they came to the door. I'd explain that there was no prior warning, and that they were already in the mail. It is so absolutely rude to do something like that.

Mar 23, 2006 at 7:05 PM Post #39 of 305
searching through the member list..i found a username using his last name. MOD EDIT: removed personal information. can't be sure if it's him or not. but they have 0 posts. i'm about to call him and ask him. anyone want the number?

Mar 23, 2006 at 7:13 PM Post #40 of 305
Quote:

Originally Posted by quoteunquote
searching through the member list..i found a username using his last name. can't be sure if it's him or not. but they have 0 posts. i'm about to call him and ask him. anyone want the number?

I don't think you should give out this guy's number on Head-Fi.

Mar 23, 2006 at 7:15 PM Post #41 of 305
Quote:

i'm almost regretting not being more assertive than i was. i bet he still feels like what he did was completely justified.

A lot tougher call than it once was.There was a time when it was known what was right and what would get your a*s kicked and if the police showed up would listen to the stories then make a judgement call on the rightness or wrongness of the act.

if you PUSHED another man and got your a*s whipped more often than not the officer would turn to you and say "next time leave the guy alone and this won't happen".Was called learning to act right or take a beating and learn the hard way and if that did not work you became a punching bag until you learned to shut the fk up and leave folks alone.

NOW we have laws protecting the rude where instead of paying a penalty for being an A-hole feel they have the right to impose on another humans space because they WANT TO and woe the person who tries to stop them !
The instigator stand there with the smug look you want to rip off his face and stomp on it while the "right" party is led away in handcuffs with the "tell it to the judge" from the arresting officer.
Somewhere we have taken the ability of a police officer to use his judgement of the situation away and locked that person into "the letter of the law no matter what the circumstances".Totally black and white in a grey world with no matter to who is wrong or who is right.

I have noticed recently that something being legal does not make it right while something being illegal does not make it wrong but in this "the law is the law is the law" environment,one where the most ridiculous laws are passed by the most pissed off humans means many walk free that should be tossed around like dirty laundry while the one defending his own turf goes through the system,possibly even to jail.
It is not right because it has made the pukes of the world feel empowered and they seemingly go out of their way to push their betters thinking they are safe.For those folks I have a bulletin.
I am old school and WILL dive on anyone who gets in my face and does not heed the "cease now" warning or has the lunacy to break that invisible "arms length" plane which means they are inside my defenses and reflex replaces thought.it is how i was raised,is how i have lived and even if i wanted to could not change it no matter what the law says or what penalties I have to in the end pay for the action.

.............and then I will count the days until my release but I doubt that person screws with me twice unless they too are old school and want a rematch
very_evil_smiley.gif

don't come to Rick's house without calling first and if i say no then dammit i mean NO !
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
wink.gif

Mar 23, 2006 at 7:19 PM Post #42 of 305
i completely agree. it's ridiculous how angry this whole situation had made me.

Mar 23, 2006 at 7:19 PM Post #43 of 305
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercuttio
I don't think you should give out this guy's number on Head-Fi.

No, I agree wholeheartedly. IF you have issues with what transpired, you have all the authority and opportunity you need to call the police and discuss with them. Otherwise, please let's not have a one sided slam fest. No personal info to be displayed please.

BTW: Jahn, this is one of the funniest things I've read in ages: "i'm going to sic my Shiba on your 'nads."

Mar 23, 2006 at 7:23 PM Post #44 of 305
Quote:

Originally Posted by rickcr42

if you PUSHED another man and got your a*s whipped more often than not the officer would turn to you and say "next time leave the guy alone and this won't happen".Was called learning to act right or take a beating and learn the hard way and if that did not work you became a punching bag until you learned to shut the fk up and leave folks alone.

You know, I'm sorry, but that's really old fashioned closed-minded thinking. There are many different ways to percieve that someone has "wronged" you, and they differ greatly from person to person.

There's a huge difference between a push and being beaten.

I was on the subway once on a very crowded day. Some woman thought she had been "pushed" by another person. She berated and threatened the person who had "wronged" her for nearly 15 minutes, when we finally forced the train to stop while someone got a police officer.

Hell, I don't want someone who feels totally justified to punch me in the face because they've got a warped view of reality.

Mar 23, 2006 at 7:29 PM Post #45 of 305
i'll keep his information private.

would i have been wrong to take it to a physical level? i don't think so. but i'm sure others might feel differently. then again, you never know until something like this happens to you. when it's your mother and your sister.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back