So...Remember Fanny Wang...?
Dec 26, 2010 at 10:35 AM Post #77 of 129
I want a pair of Wangz just on name and premise alone.

"Hey, I see you got a pair of Beats!"

"What? Hell no, these babies are Fanny Wangz! Look them up! Better sound, lower price. Chicks dig it!"

beerchug.gif

Dec 26, 2010 at 11:04 PM Post #78 of 129
It's funny. I was just in Best Buy today (looking for the eternally sold out Super Mario Bros. 25th Anniversary Collection) and passed the Beats preserve. I decided it was my duty as a Head-Fi'er to try the buggers, if only so I could say with a straight face that I actually have heard them when the equivocators barge into the thread and try to say a Beats is better than a DT880 to "somebody." Picking up the earpad ones (Solo? I can't be bothered to keep these things straight) I was stuck just how much the FW cans look like the Beats I was holding. It's not a passing resemblance. They're a bloody copy. As much as I admire FW as an upstart, well...I can't see them getting out of this one alive.

(BTW, the Beats actually didn't sound as bad as their billing, but nowhere near worth their price. The Bose QC15 next to them was hideously godawful, though, so at least I get to trash something).

Dec 26, 2010 at 11:34 PM Post #79 of 129

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

probably to some asian web designer who isn't all too good at english... (they are a company based in asia right?)

They're based in Danville, CA.....

...>_> either the american public school system has gone down the gutter, or they found the wrong people to outsource

Hey! I go to a California public school!
mad.gif

.....yes, they are complete crap.......I don't think all of American public schools are like that, but California definitely is.

Dec 26, 2010 at 11:38 PM Post #80 of 129

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

probably to some asian web designer who isn't all too good at english... (they are a company based in asia right?)

...>_> either the american public school system has gone down the gutter, or they found the wrong people to outsource

mad.gif

.....yes, they are complete crap.......I don't think all of American public schools are like that, but California definitely is.

I have seen school lunches...as yoda would say "how you get soooo big EATING food of THIS kind"?

Dec 26, 2010 at 11:50 PM Post #81 of 129

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

mad.gif

Lol the system has gone down the gutter at my schools for a long time lol . I also live in california public schools lol. I completely agree.

Dec 26, 2010 at 11:51 PM Post #82 of 129
I heard some are good and require interviews. Also, there is one in Palo Alto I believe where students regularly enter the top schools, such as UC Berk, Ivy League, Stanford. But from what I've seen... most are dumps.

Quote:
mad.gif

Dec 30, 2010 at 3:03 PM Post #85 of 129
Still haven't gotten a response. Hopefully it's because they've taken the past 2 weeks off.

Dec 30, 2010 at 5:51 PM Post #86 of 129
Maybe they can't distribute anything because of the lawsuit, or else they were never really serious to begin with.

Dec 30, 2010 at 6:10 PM Post #87 of 129

Quote:
Maybe they can't distribute anything because of the lawsuit, or else they were never really serious to begin with.

That'd make sense.
And if they reserved a CES booth, I would hope they're legit. Those things aren't exactly free...

Dec 30, 2010 at 7:41 PM Post #88 of 129

Quote:

they were real, though i remember seeing the fanny wangz beatz at marhall's (clothing and apparel store) for 14.99

Dec 31, 2010 at 2:13 PM Post #89 of 129

I'll leave you guys with that.
wink_face.gif

Dec 31, 2010 at 2:19 PM Post #90 of 129
Are they your's??! I'm surprised they didn't really stick to the pictures online... I was thinking they wouldn't look plastic on the outside... But they look extremely plasticy....

Quote:

I'll leave you guys with that.
wink_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back