So my Ultrasone Signature Pros just arrived ;)
Apr 19, 2012 at 3:46 AM Post #16 of 46
I know what you mean about cost in relation to quality. I Understand your point, but, to me, if I had to pay for the Sig what I had paid for the Ed9 (which I adore), then the quality has to be the same. I tried the newly enhanced 25 (black and blue) and wasn't really really impressed. My obsession is to get THAT Ed9 SQ in a super convenient portable pair of cans :) I'm obsessed by Ed9. At home, I'm using them with my newly acquired Z1070 (with PowerAMP software) and the sound is like heaven to me ears. Cheers

Sounds like you might be quite happy with the SigPro's then, I haven't tried the ED9 myself (I've never even seen them in New Zealand!) but from the reading I did before purchasing the SP plus my own take on the signature of these cans I would say they are the best sounding closed headphones I've heard, by a long-shot.

Put it this way, I am happy I replaced my GS1000's with them, The GS1000's are a love/hate can, but those who love them /really/ love them, I really liked them so for me to go in a completely different direction and /really/ enjoy these I guess that's got to be a good thing!

I say go for it, maybe grab some cheaper s/h ones and if you don't like them enough flick them on? Money isn't so much of an issue for me so I didn't mind grabbing them new.

Apr 19, 2012 at 4:07 AM Post #18 of 46

Should ask a certain Aussie retailer who sells them for a best price - that's all I'm saying :)

Apr 19, 2012 at 7:20 AM Post #20 of 46

Quote:
Dude, I'm sold completely :O) They are available on Australian websites for lesser cost than from Amazon, but those won't ship outside Aus/NZ. Thanks :)

How much is that?  Can't get them for less than £750 in the UK.  Seems like Ultrasone keep pricing well controlled here.

Apr 19, 2012 at 5:25 PM Post #21 of 46
How much is that?  Can't get them for less than £750 in the UK.  Seems like Ultrasone keep pricing well controlled here.

If you buy them in NZ they're NZ$1450 which is £735 or $1,180 USD

May 1, 2012 at 11:49 AM Post #23 of 46
DAY 3 UPDATE:

I now have approx 15 hours on them and they are loosening up nicely!
I cannot get over how unfatiguing these cans are, I can listen for quite some time, very loudly with no headache or pressure buildup at all! :)
The bass now seems slightly less overwhelming, it could be the start of the break-in or I could just be getting used to it.

So what is the sound signature like after these have totally broken in?

May 1, 2012 at 1:17 PM Post #25 of 46
I put a link up for that sale in the big Sig Pro thread, if I hadn't already got mine I would have jumped all over them, I can't believe they only got that price.

May 1, 2012 at 5:51 PM Post #26 of 46
<=== Won the Auction ^^.
Let me see if he is shipping now w/o problems :).

May 1, 2012 at 7:33 PM Post #27 of 46
Quote:
Kicking myself a bit because a brand new pair of Sig Pro's just went on ebay uk for just over £500- great deal!  My only reservation with the Ultrasone's is some reports of the treble being slightly metallic or over-emphasised.  To illustrate, I can only listen to my RS-2i's with TTVJ flats, the treble with the stock bowls is just too piercing after a short period of time.  

I only listen to my RS-1's with the TTVJ flats for the same reason....or should I say I used to lol. I have not been able to listen to anything else except the Sig PRO's since the day I got them. There is no "metallic" or "piercing" treble at all unlike the PRO 900's I had which did suffer from that issue. I cannot recommend these phones any higher. Even my JH-16's have fallen by the wayside:frowning2:

May 3, 2012 at 6:19 PM Post #29 of 46
May 12, 2012 at 4:49 PM Post #30 of 46
For overall great sound with greater importance on bass- Ultrasone Signature, Denon D7000 or Sennheiser HD800?  Has anyone done a comparison?  Also, if I listen to standard bit rate music on my Iphone, would I even notice a difference between any of the above and something in the $400 price range?  I am using a FiiO E11 portable amp.

Update 5/14/12- decided on M-Audio Q40- one of the best purchases I ever made- incredibly punchy, deep bass and sub-bass along with clear, detailed and accurate mids/highs.  They sound amazing with my FiiO E11 with EVERY genre of music.  These were only $130, so I saved about $1,000 compared to the Ultrasone Signature Pro.  While I would imagine the Sig Pro is better, it couldn't possibly be a better value.  I would have been satisfied with the Q40 if I paid $300.  They have the mids and highs of a Sennheiser HD 380 (with a hint of sibilance) with bass that is superior to the Beats Pro (more precise and deeper with same punch) for a fraction of the cost.  Read some reviews about clamping force with these, but I have been listening to them all day and am experiencing the opposite of fatigue- I don't want to take them off!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back