So my first "non-cheapo" cans were....
Jan 14, 2015 at 5:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 33

katulu

100+ Head-Fier
I've always loved music but never delved into equipment that much. Around 2006 I got my first iems (d-jays) and liked them so much I quickly got q-jays when they came out, then TF10s around 2008-9. But remembering further, I recalled I used to have a pair of Sennheisers I bought on a whim one time around 2000. Turns out, they were HD570's! Looking at pictures I have, they had to be. From what I read, lots of people don't like them, but at the time they were the best thing I'd ever heard. I had them for a few years, until they stopped working. They were comfy! And I remember listening to Vintersorg's first couple of albums through them.... good times!

Just a bit of Nostalgia I suppose.... think I'm going to listen to those Vintersorg albums through my HD800's now!

Cheers!

Jan 18, 2015 at 4:23 PM Post #4 of 33
I didn't read the Topic starters 1st post well, non-cheapo Sorry about that. So forget about the cheap Sonys :)
Mine were the Denon D5000s then

A pair of Supertech or Audio Sonic, I don't remember the brand, with volume sliders on the cups. I was just a kid then and loved them :)
My 1st 'real' pair of headphones were the Sony MDR-CD350s

But they broke after 2 years and low with cash I replaced them with the Sony MDR-CD270s, which served me 10 years or so.

Jan 18, 2015 at 11:24 PM Post #9 of 33
PSB M4U1 for me.  Great SQ, but a bit bulky for them to be "portable" despite being easy to drive.

Jan 22, 2015 at 12:16 AM Post #12 of 33
I had the first edition Bose earbuds that looked like little hairdryers. One day I accidentally destroyed them by dragging them on the ground through the streets of NYC accidentally, and picked up some red Ety HF5s because they were the same color as my iPod at the time. That was the day I discovered that there were details in recorded music.

Jan 22, 2015 at 1:07 AM Post #14 of 33
Bot my first serious headfone in a fire sale, a dt250, without knowing it was a "dt250"...
never even heard of "beyerdynamics"...but liked that label. 

" it is a studio headfone...take it before it is gone "
i paid usd80. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back