So my Dad bought me a present, am I going to be disappointed?
Jul 29, 2010 at 2:16 PM Post #2 of 11
he should have gotten es7's 
smile_phones.gif

Jul 29, 2010 at 2:30 PM Post #3 of 11
Welcome to Head-FI,   No.1, Be Glad you got a dad still! (I'm sure you are), No.2. You can always use these Headphones where you wouldn't want to take your favorite one's!!  No.3, Just add them to a collection that if you hang around here, you'll be getting several types through the years........( I sound like a DAD talking, But I'm not).....The  ATH-ANC1 will be ok, and remembered from a gift from "dear Old Dad"
wink.gif
!

Jul 29, 2010 at 5:15 PM Post #4 of 11
The ANC function will be good when you want to isolate away from the world. Sound quality wise I have never read really good things about any active noise cancelling system. But I imagine they will sound OK. If not either use them to make your Dad happy or if he's the type to not place undue sentiment to objects sell of trade them in the FS forum to someone needing ANC (usually commuters or people flying alot) and get something more to your liking.

Jul 29, 2010 at 6:42 PM Post #5 of 11
Well, I'm looking for noise cancelling capabilities. Who knows, I could be very happy with them.

/shrug

Any suggestions for noise cancelling around the 50 dollar mark (give or take)?

Jul 29, 2010 at 6:57 PM Post #6 of 11
You may consider IEMs which can be great for portability and isolation, or just portable closed phones as well... ANC works well for droning noises in the environment that don't change much. $50 buys decent IEMs these days. Search for |joker| and find his links for his iem and portable headphone reviews, if you want a thorough selection of reviews to look at, and are open to isolation rather than ANC.

Jul 30, 2010 at 12:08 AM Post #7 of 11

Quote:
Welcome to Head-FI,   No.1, Be Glad you got a dad still! (I'm sure you are), No.2. You can always use these Headphones where you wouldn't want to take your favorite one's!!  No.3, Just add them to a collection that if you hang around here, you'll be getting several types through the years........( I sound like a DAD talking, But I'm not).....The  ATH-ANC1 will be ok, and remembered from a gift from "dear Old Dad"
wink.gif
!

The more I think about it, the more I intend on keeping them. I can always get 'better' headphones on my own later anyway. Thanks for the reply :)

Jul 30, 2010 at 4:27 AM Post #8 of 11
I always use my active noise cancelling headphones (that came with my Sony X1050) to just enjoy the silence in a noisey environment. I don't put any music on but only "listen" to the noise cancelling. :) Their sound quality isn't good enough so I use other headphones for music. 

Jul 30, 2010 at 2:03 PM Post #9 of 11

Quote:
I always use my active noise cancelling headphones (that came with my Sony X1050) to just enjoy the silence in a noisey environment. I don't put any music on but only "listen" to the noise cancelling. :) Their sound quality isn't good enough so I use other headphones for music. 

Negakinu, What do (noise canceling) Headphones sound like? I've never really heard any or read about them....Do you hear something like wearing good ear plugs or muffs! I have to wear plugs at work....a drag, but "WE" have to protect our hearing so we can all enjoy our hobby/passion!!!........Just wondering?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back