So, my amp sort of had a makeover.
Jul 22, 2007 at 5:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 57

philodox

Headphoneus Supremus
I'm not going to bother with captions... no need.
340smile.gif

big1.JPG

wood1.JPG

wood2.JPG

wood3.JPG

wood4.JPG

wood5.JPG

wood6.JPG

wood7.JPG

wood8.JPG

wood9.JPG

small1.JPG
small2.JPG

big2.JPG

All of this fine woodwork was done by our very own Steve Tice [swt61]. Steve is so talented and I am more than pleased with all of the work he has done for me. A HUGE thanks goes out to Renato [looser101] for spending all day yesterday working on my amp. While he can be a perfectionist at times, in fact that is why his Wife left him, his attention to detail really helped everything go smoothly.
cool.gif

[the Wife comment is a bit of an inside joke...]

Jul 22, 2007 at 5:15 PM Post #3 of 57
Thanks Nate.
smily_headphones1.gif

I still need to get the volume knob on there, but should probably leave it overnight to set... so I will probably do that before I go to sleep tonight if I remember. Sound wise, the amp is definitely up a notch as well with the new singlepower 4 channel stepped attenuator.
cool.gif

Jul 22, 2007 at 5:17 PM Post #4 of 57
wow! that's a very impressive make-over. your set up is very impressive. How have you been liking your new dac?

Jul 22, 2007 at 5:23 PM Post #5 of 57
Oh, that DAC isn't mine [I wish], Konig lent it to me a while back since he is too busy to enjoy it at the moment and he thought people might like to hear it at the Ontario Meet. I am listening straight out of my CD player at the moment as I am more familiar with it and I want to hear the changes from the new stepper and some of the minor tweaks we did while we had her open. From the comparisons I have done so far, the LessLoss DAC is very smooth and resolving and definitely edges out my modded Eastsound a bit... but they are actually quite close, so I am happy for now.
340smile.gif

Thanks for the comments.
smily_headphones1.gif

It is great for it to finally look as good as it sounds... I was getting real sick of that old faceplate.

Jul 22, 2007 at 5:41 PM Post #6 of 57
I should have mentioned in the first post [and will paste this there] that all of this fine woodwork was done by our very own Steve Tice [swt61]. Steve is so talented and I am more than pleased with all of the work he has done for me. A HUGE thanks goes out to Renato [looser101] for spending all day yesterday working on my amp. While he can be a perfectionist at times, in fact that is why his Wife left him, his attention to detail really helped everything go smoothly.
cool.gif

[the Wife comment is a bit of an inside joke...]

Jul 22, 2007 at 6:21 PM Post #8 of 57
Gorgeous bit of craft and creativity all around. Tube and woodwork to drool over.

I really liked the AE-1 I heard at Head-Fi Nat'l Meet 1, so this must a joy to enjoy.

CONGRATS!

Jul 22, 2007 at 6:39 PM Post #10 of 57
right click>save as

truly impressive woodwork!

Jul 22, 2007 at 7:06 PM Post #12 of 57
That is an incredibly impressive amplifier. I would love to see it in low light in all it's filament lit glory.

Jul 22, 2007 at 7:31 PM Post #13 of 57
Oh wow. I like how Steve made it all to match the headphone stand which matches the K340's. It looks like it was all made for each other.

Btw, does that thing run off diesel or gasoline? The key start ignition is a nice touch.
wink.gif

Jul 22, 2007 at 7:48 PM Post #15 of 57
That's a big improvement over the rather pedestrian Mcalister aesthetic. Another winner from Steve.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back