So, my amp sort of had a makeover.
Jul 23, 2007 at 11:57 PM Post #46 of 57
Stunning work as always for all those involved in your amp.

Jul 24, 2007 at 4:55 PM Post #48 of 57
Thanks again guys.
smily_headphones1.gif

EDIT: ...and girls.
wink.gif

Jul 25, 2007 at 3:14 PM Post #49 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by philodox /img/forum/go_quote.gif
LOL, glad you like it Gene. I'm not sure what a radorne is, but yes, that is the volume knob. I've been too busy listening to the amp and haven't had a chance to affix it yet. I'd like to give it a day to dry after I stick it on.
wink.gif

That's radome, Jay, and here's a pic:
800px-Navy-Radome.jpg

Stands for Radar Dome, and they were conceived back in the '50s for airplane and missile tracking. Nicknamed Ike's Golf Balls, after U.S. president Eisenhower, they were placed all over North America - yes, many were in Canada - and called the DEW Line (Distant Early Warning Line.

For some reason that pretty little knob made me think of them.

Jul 25, 2007 at 3:42 PM Post #51 of 57
LOL, well, I still haven't mounted the radome yet... maybe tonight.
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks itsborken.
340smile.gif

Jul 25, 2007 at 4:19 PM Post #52 of 57
Quote:

smily_headphones1.gif

Geez. I leave you one thing to do and....

Jul 25, 2007 at 4:29 PM Post #53 of 57
Quote:

smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks itsborken.
340smile.gif

I noticed you mentioned something about letting it dry overnight somewhere. Once you put a few drops of hotmelt glue in the knob and quickly slide the knob on the shaft, it will be dry and ready to use in less than a minute.

It's very similar to your sex life...once the shaft is inserted, it's just seconds from being finished.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jul 25, 2007 at 5:17 PM Post #55 of 57
LOL, fair enough... I'll get 'er done tonight.
biggrin.gif

Jul 25, 2007 at 7:23 PM Post #57 of 57
Again, really nice outcome, congratulations. In reality though, as I recall from your earlier posts way back when, this project took something like eighteen months, and at least two trips back to Peter. Lucky for you you live in Canada, postage would cost a fortune for those of us down south (CONUS). You also had the audio electronics czar Kevin Gilmore consulting as well. Your resources and patience are way beyond what is available to us mere mortals. Congrats again, you just took Peter's amp up about three levels.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back