So, my amp sort of had a makeover.
Jul 22, 2007 at 9:07 PM Post #16 of 57
Glad to see you guys got it all mounted. How many beers did it take to get there?
wink.gif

Jason and Renato called me last night while in the process of this installation...what a fun duo! They are both great guys, and I hope to meet them both face to face in Chicago next year.
Jay you've got an impressive system to say the least buddy. And it's obvious you must be a deserving guy by the friends you've cultivated.

Matt it all matches for a reason, Jay's not the kind of guy to walk out the door with mismatched socks.
tongue.gif

Jul 22, 2007 at 9:23 PM Post #19 of 57
Mmm shiny delicious wood and shiny delicious Thick As A Brick.

A combination made in K340 heaven.
biggrin.gif

Jul 22, 2007 at 10:50 PM Post #22 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by philodox /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the LessLoss DAC is very smooth and resolving and definitely edges out my modded Eastsound a bit... but they are actually quite close, so I am happy for now.
340smile.gif

I'm sure we'd like a bit more detailed comparisons. BTW, isn't LessLoss DAC's whole selling point that master-slave thing?

Jul 23, 2007 at 2:10 AM Post #27 of 57
Excellent craftsmanship there SWT61 ! BRAVO

I'm envious too - got a WOODY !

Jul 23, 2007 at 4:41 AM Post #28 of 57
very cool looking! what are the details about the amp (is there a link to a description)?

Jul 23, 2007 at 4:54 AM Post #29 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by daveDerek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
very cool looking! what are the details about the amp (is there a link to a description)?

You mean you don't remember the whole FalconCougarThunderThingy thread? It was eventually called the Massive Attack but it is a custom McAllister balanced amp made to Jay's desires to drive the Headphile K340s to blissful perfection. That about sums it up, but Jay can give details or a link or two.
wink.gif

Jay, Steve, Renato and Peter McA make a nice team! That amp is now as gorgeous as I suspect it sounds. Beautiful result achieved with a lot of patience not too common around Head-fi! Congrats Jay, and happy listening.
340smile.gif
340smile.gif
340smile.gif

Jul 23, 2007 at 5:39 AM Post #30 of 57
Here's a picture of the Massive Attack before the new faceplate

HeadFi_070707_21.jpg

And the beautiful Singlepower Stepped Attenuator (balanced) that was installed,
Steve's beautiful woodwork below it

HeadFi_070707_22.jpg

Jay forgot to mention that the original aluminum faceplate was welded to the rest of the chassis. Half the fun of Saturday was cutting the welds to remove the faceplate so we could mount the new one. Fortunately no beer was involved prior to that.

Good thing I'm divorced. If I wasn't, I surely would of been for arriving home at 3am. It was a very long day.

~Renato

Users who are viewing this thread

Back