So, I'm looking for that perfect amp...
Oct 31, 2013 at 8:00 AM Post #196 of 930
  Are you just wanting to do this project for the lolz? The quickstep runs fine from 9v batteries right? 

Absolutely! Sounds spectacular while doing it as well. I just happen to suffer from a disorder commonly known as MATT. This handy infographic should explain it:

Oct 31, 2013 at 8:31 AM Post #198 of 930
  Yeah, I know that feel.

You know what be really freaking awesome? If you could have that 12v battery, charged through usb! 

Charging a 12V battery with a 5V supply might take a while... Meh, anything can be done, I guess. I'll go ask some more knowledgable people about this project!

Oct 31, 2013 at 8:33 AM Post #199 of 930
  Charging a 12V battery with a 5V supply might take a while... Meh, anything can be done, I guess. I'll go ask some more knowledgable people about this project!

I am also curious. In the future I might get one of them. If you manage to put a charging system in it, I would send mine to you to do the same
biggrin.gif

Oct 31, 2013 at 9:06 AM Post #202 of 930
Which car battery sounds the best? Are they available with silver terminals? Should I use two of them in a balanced configuration?

I wish Rudi was here to answer all these questions!

Oct 31, 2013 at 3:22 PM Post #204 of 930
Call me a copycat, but I've just ordered a Meier Audio Corda Quickstep too. I already love the sound of the stock DX50 internal amp. It opened the veil a bit further and reveals more detail on almost any album I know in and out with strong, deep and controlled bass, nice midrange and pretty clear highs.
It almost makes me want to buy new speakers for my home system now and I guess the quickstep will accomplish just that.
Now I can imagine why the Bowers & Wilkins Nautilus sounded IMHO worse than my home system (B&W CM7, bi amped), because they revealed so much more detail on the possibly not so perfect recording. I believe I heard digital artefacts on a CD. Could have been an old/bad mastering.:)

Looking forward to the Quickstep.

Oct 31, 2013 at 6:08 PM Post #205 of 930
Copycat.

Also, I spent 4 hours today with DX50 -> Quickstep -> 8.A. You're in for a treat :wink:

Oct 31, 2013 at 6:58 PM Post #207 of 930
My wallet thinks the same, but I agree to disagree. My quest is between the Corda 2Stepdance, the Headstage Arrow (3g or 4t?) and the Leckerton Audio uha-6s-mkii and maybe just maybe when my wallet wins then the C&C :rolleyes:

I have both but the arrow amp will not be great for sensitive IEMs with BA drivers. I don't hear so much difference between them with large headphone, but quickstep is definitely much much more refined with my CIEM as CIEM can be so revealing that a slight change of source can be apparent. Don't get me wrong. Arrow amp is a master piece to me too but definitely not for my CIEM. Especially comparing the quickstep to the DX50 phone out. The quality difference can be so huge that I've never bother with the phone out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back